CHAPTER 9

IN MEMORIES OF US [DAHMO]

DAHYUN'S POV

It's been days since we started to meet to find out who was Yui. I kept re-reading the letter but none of what she said made an impression like what she said about the ocean.

MM : "Ohayo! Professor Kim :)"

DH : "Momoring what are you doing here? I thought you can't come to the morning."

MM : "I got the whole day to myself, Mina canceled every schedule we have today. She said she have an important meeting. I'm here to do some research with you."

DH : "Ehhh? I'm on the clock right now. Come with me."

MM : "Where?"

DH : "You can't be seen by anyone here, it would be a mess. Let's stay in my office for a while."

It was too late when I realized I'm stuck dealing with this kind of stuff from now on until we find out who she was.

DH : "Unnie, you can use my computer. If you ever need me, call me. It's kind of cramp in here."

MM : "Arraso!"

DH : "Where are your bodyguards anyway?"

MM : "They're in the parking lot right now. I asked them not to follow me."

DH : "Hmmm if you're going somewhere you need to call me too okay?"

*Knock*Knock*

JH : "So the lion came for a visit again huh? What are you running away for now?"

DH : "Unnie it's not Chaeng."

JH : "Then who is it? It's rare of you to have someone here other than that little lady."

Momo unnie turned around and stood up.

MM : "Ohayo I'm Hirai Momo."

You can see the disbelief in Jihyo unnie's eyes.

DH : "You're not seeing a ghost unnie. It's Hirai Kaede granddaughter."

JH : "O-oh annyeong, I'm Park Jihyo I'm the director of the museum. Nice to meet you."

MM : "Please feel at ease around me. We can be friends :)"

JH : "Arraso, what does Hirai Momo doing here?"

MM : "I'm looking for someone with the help of Professor Kim."

DH : "Ehhhhh? I thought it was a secret?"

MM : "Hmm but Jihyo is your friend right?"

DH : "Yes..."

MM : "It's good to have the director's opinion on it."

DH : "Arraso but promise me she'll be the last one we tell. I don't have any more friends."

MM : "Okay."

DH : "Then I'm leaving you with Jihyo unnie. Call me if something came up."

MM : "Arraso, Jihyo-ah can we order some jokbal here?"

JH : "Yes."

DH : "Unnie sorry but she eats a lot."

JH : "It's fine I'll take care of it."

DH : "Thank you, I'll see you later."

NO ONE'S POV

NO ONE'S POV

It came to the day that Mina didn't want to happen. It was the last day of her therapy with Dr. Yoo.

JY : "Okay Ms. Sharon, I hope I don't see you here anymore."

MN : "Ehhh? Don't you treat me as a friend?"

JY : "I do."

MN : "Then why would you say that?"

JY : "Hahaha cause I don't want you back to here for another therapy. We can see each other outside the hospital."

MN : "Really?"

JY : "Of course."

MN : "Then I'll see you around Dr. Yoo. Thank you for everything."

Mina was almost out of the door when Jeongyoen called on to her.

JY : "Sharon-ssi where are you going?"

MN : "I'm going home. We're done here right?"

The truth is Mina took the day off from any activity because she knew that after the therapy her mind will be flying away somewhere. She knew that saying goodbye to Jeongyeon would hurt her.

JY : "Yes we are but didn't I promise you that I'll take you out for lunch?"

MN : "I thought you forgot."

JY : "How can I? Gaja! I know a Korean barbeque place that's really famous around here. It's not a fancy restaurant though."

MN : "Hai!"

JY : "Wait where are your guards?"

MN : "They're downstairs."

JY : "Arraso, let's go."

Mina was thinking of saying who she was to Jeongyeon, she wanted the Doctor to know that she's not who she knew.

JY : "Where are they?"

MN : "Is it far away?"

JY : "Aniyo it's a 5 mins walk from here."

MN : "Can we just go on our own?"

JY : "Hmm but wouldn't your guards look for you?"

MN : "I'll text them that we're not done yet."

JY : "Arraso Sharon-ssi, here."

Jeongyeon took off her cap and put it on Mina.

JY : "We should at least hide your face, I'm sure your someone who can't be seen on a place like that."

MN : "Dr. Yoo I'm sorry if I didn't tell you who I was."

JY : "Jeongyeon."

MN : "Huh?"

JY : "Since you're not my patient anymore you don't need to call me doctor. It's fine, I don't need you to tell me who you are :) You are Sharon-ssi who loves to dance ballet and that's more than enough information for me."

JY : "Gaja, we should be fine. By this time everyone is already done with there lunch. The place should be empty."

Mina never knew someone who doesn't ask anything from her, who doesn't see her as Myoui Mina. She always been the princess to everyone's eyes and Jeongyeon was the only person who saw her as Sharon, a girl who loves to dance, a girl who was still trying to grow up.

JY : "Annyeong!"

A  : "Aigoo, it's our favorite Dr. Yoo."

JY : "Haha, is my usual spot empty?"

A : "Yes, you bought someone with you?"

JY : "I did Ahjumma she's a friend."

 A : "That's good most of the time you eat alone, it's a miracle if Nayeon-ssi comes with you."

JY : "Hahaha you know I love to eat even if I'm alone. We're going inside."

A : "Arraso, the usual?"

JY : "Yes please."

Jeongyeon and  Mina stepped in a dining room.

JY : "This is where I spent most of my free time, the barbeque is really good plus the view is really relaxing."

MN : "Majayo :) this place suits you well."

JY : "Hahaha I've going here since I started working. Do you mind if I open the window?"

MN : "Nope."

Jeongyeon opened the window letting the air into their room that smelled like the river right in front of them. 

JY : "Air condition is okay but you need to have fresh air sometimes."

A : "Dr. Yoo here you go, if you need anything don't hesitate to call us."

JY : "Thank you!"

Both of them started eating, Mina noticed how the tall lady eats a lot and remain silent.

JY : "You put ketchup on your meat?"

MN : "I do..."

JY : "Hahaha you're the only person I know who does that."

MN : "Is it weird?"

JY : "Aniyo, that's how you enjoy your food."

It was almost time for them to go, Mina knew it was her last chance to see the doctor and say what she kept bottled up all the time.

JY : "I'll call Ajumma for the pay."

MN : "Ahm Jeongyeon-ssi can we talk first?"

JY : "Okay."

MN : "I should have told you this a long time ago."

JY : "What's that?"

MN : "I'm Myoui Mina of Japan."

JY : "Myoui Mina??? The Myoui Mina?"

MN : "Yes, I hope you don't treat me any differently from now on."

JY : "Of course I won't, you're still the Sharon I knew. Thank you for telling me, we shouldn't head here without your bodyguards. Stay here, I'll pay up and then we should go back."

It wasn't the only thing that Mina wanted to say but she was nervous about saying such a thing to Jeongyeon.

JY : "Sharon-ssi let's go."

MN : "Uhm Dr. Yoo there's one more thing I want to say, can you close the door."

JY : "Arraso."

Mina took a deep breath...

MN : "Dr. Yoo I like you, I've been in love with you for a long time. You never treated me special, you made me feel that I could be someone else out of that crown. You always see me as me and not someone with a special role in society."

With the last wind of fall blowing towards them, Mina made her confession for the very first time.

JY : "Sharon-ssi... I'm sorry but I've been married for a long time now."

MN : "Huh? but I never saw a ring on you."

Jeongyeon took out her ring that was clasped with her necklace.

JY : "It would be hard to do therapy with it on. I'm really sorry, I never intend for you to feel that way towards me."

MN : "Aniyo it was my fault to let such things happen, I knew from the start that it was never meant to happen."

Mina and Jeongyeon walk back to the hospital without saying any words to each other. It was cloudy noon. Before they knew it they were already a few feet away from Mina's car.

JY : "Sharon-ssi I hope you have a good life :) I'm sorry if I hurt you. Goodbye."

Jeongyeon started walking away from Mina. Mina went inside her car, she thought that this shouldn't be the last thing they remember from each other. She opened her window and....

MN : "Jeongyeon-ssi! Thank you! Thank you for the short time we spent, for making me feel normal. I couldn't be more thankful to you. I hope when we see each other again, I already found someone who can look at me like you did. Goodbye Dr. Yoo!"

Jeongyeon just stood in front of her car and wave her goodbye, giving the younger lady a warm smile.

Mina knew that she would never forget that Fall where she meets her first love.

Mina knew that she would never forget that Fall where she meets her first love

---

Jeongyeon never cheated on Nayeon, she never knew that Mina was falling for her while Mina hasn't fallen in love with Chaeyoung and she never knew Jeongyeon was married... I'm just trying to explain that no one cheated on anyone HAHAHA. 

-Author-nim