CHAPTER 1

IN MEMORIES OF US [DAHMO]

It was a sunny day, Dahyun was making her way to work, she works as a tour guide inside the museum. Telling story that she grew up to.

DAHYUN'S POV

DH : "In front of you is a portrait of Hirai Kaede made by her late wife. She was one of the most loved empresses who ruled japan. She bought Korea and Japan together. At a young age, she fell in love with a commoner, and as for the rules she needs to let go of her status if she wanted to marry a commoner...

She knew she's the one for her, so she left everything behind her and tried to live a normal and happy life. Making the Myoui the 1st family of the palace.

But their story was cut short when the commoner was killed protecting the empress, Hirai Kaede would live a long but lonely life, she vowed to only love the commoner until she dies. Though they live a short life their story was made into a book and up until now are being loved by many.

Take your time taking pictures. We'll be moving on after 10mins"

I would often admire the beauty of the late empress

I would often admire the beauty of the late empress. The story was passed through every generation in Korea but the commoner was never really identified. 

NY : "Dahyun-ah!!!!!"

DH : "Unnie! What are you doing here?"

NY : "Did you forget? I have my student for a field trip."

Nayeon unnie is a grade school teacher, while Jeongyeon unnie is working as a physical therapist.

DH : "Oh yeah. I need to go back to my group unnie. Enjoy!"

NY : "Before you go Jeong was asking if you're going to make it for dinner."

DH : "I think I will unnie."

NY : "Then we'll see you tonight! Bye :)" 

DH : "Arraso unnie. Bye!"

I spent most of my days in the museum, some of my days off I go to see my family or friends. Working in the museum was really my dream. Ever since my mom told me about the late Hirai Kaede's story I grew more interest in history that's why I pursued a career here.

DH : "Is there any question? Or can we move to the next part?"

Tourist 1 : "Ahhh I have one Dahyun-ssi."

DH : "Go for it."

Tourist 1 : "You said that the empress fell in love with a commoner. Do you have any idea what's the name of that commoner?"

DH : "Nobody released the name of her spouse. They were buried together in japan but their tombstone only says HIRAI K. Y., which stands for there first names. The only thing that was written in a history book was that her lover was a very beautiful young woman, who was known for her love in poetry. It was a time when the same- relationship was just starting to be accepted in the world."

DH : "They probably choose to protect their private life. Any more questions? Nope? Okay, we need to get moving so you guys can have lunch."

I would always start my tours with the Hirai dynasty room and after a long day, I usually go back to the room. I don't know but there's something about Hirai Kaede's portrait that always draws me back to her.

DH : "Annyeong your highness! How are you doing? It's been a long day today."

JH : "I see, you're still talking to that painting."

DH : "Woah! You scared me Jihyo-ah!"

JH : "Hahaha really? Aren't you scared to see her in your dreams?"

DH : "Actually I wanted to... Hahaha I know it sounds crazy but I wanted to ask her some questions."

JH : "And what do you want to know? Her story is written in every history book here and in Japan."

DH : "I want to ask her about her beloved. Aren't you curious at all?"

JH : "Hahaha I was but I already accepted that their story is off the book."

DH : "Maybe one day someone can share their love story."

JH : "Ehhhhh??? No one knows and it's been like that ever since we were born. Only a ghost can tell us."

DH : "Hahahaha arraso Director Park. Go home."

JH : "You should go home, I don't want to hear Nayeon unnie accusing me of overworking you and it's already time for us to close. I'll give you time to say goodbye to her, see you tomorrow!"

DH : "Hahaha see you unnie. Take care."

Whenever I look at her portrait, I feel that I always knew her. She looks really familiar. I was about to leave when I notice a lady in her hoodie roaming around.

DH : "Ahm we're about to close, can I help you with anything."

"Aniyo, I was about to leave. Thank you." The lady said and walked towards the exit.

She looks suspicious, no one has ever stayed this late in a museum. Not even the Director herself unless she's an enthusiast like me. Well time to head home.

[Door Opens]

NY :        

NY : "Welcome home Dubu :)"

DH : "Unnie how are you?"

NY : "Good, today is more tiring than the other days."

DH : "Hahaha that's because you don't exercise."

NY : "Hmp that museum is too big but I saw a lot of improvement."

DH : "Thank you unnie haha, where's Jeong hyung?"

NY : "She's on her way home."

DH : "I thought she was going to cook?"

NY : "I already did, she ask me to do it for her."

DH : "Hahaha she got you to do it?"

NY  : "Ehhhhhhh? It's not hard to convince me."

DH : "I'm not sure about that haha."

JY : "I'm home babe."

NY : "Babe! Welcome home! :)"

JY : "Aren't you too loud?"

DH : "She is hyung hahaha."

JY : "Ohhh Dubu, how are you doing? I haven't seen you in a while."

DH : "That's because you're always working late."

JY : "Hahaha I'm sorry here I bought a cake."

NY : "Cake for what?"

JY : "I knew you'll forget it, it's our anniversary today babe."

NY : "Huh??? Pabo! It's not until 3 months from now, who's anniversary is this????"

JY : "Just kidding hahahaha, a client gave it to me"

NY : "Arraso, gaja let's have dinner."

JY, DH : "Hai!"

I moved into Nayeon's house when I started working in the museum. She, Jeongyeon and Jihyo unnie was friends since high school. My cousin married Jeongyeon unnie right after college. I've been with them for almost 4 years now. I couldn't ask more from them. 

---