CHAPTER 16

IN MEMORIES OF US [DAHMO]

MOMO'S POV

As I opened the letter I saw an old photo, some parts of it were almost fading but I can clearly see the face on it. I turned the photo around and it says "Watanabe Yui and Hirai Kaede" on it. Could it be that this is really the Yui that Nana loved?

"To Hirai Momo,

"I was wrong not to fight for you, I could've proven my true feelings for you but I just stood there and watched you walk away from me. I thought it will be fine, but days would pass and I just fell deeper and deeper. I was lost and didn't know how to move on, I was stuck in a place where I don't think it's enough to live, a place where everyone around me stops moving. I wanted to but the pain was too much to handle, every movement I make all causes me pain. I thought of going back to where I started, I opened your grandma's book and I saw a copy of the letter you gave me. And everything just started to move again, It gave me hope and I knew it was my only chance. A chance to talk to you, to try and fix things again. So I decided to run, to get on the earliest bus heading to Jumanjin. I'm an hour away from the place you showed me. I'll try my best to look for something.

I didn't know why but there was something that made me wrote this letter to you. I don't even plan on giving this to you because I will definitely muster enough courage to talk to you. I'll say the right things this time. Remember I love you because you are Hirai Momo and not somebody else. I'll be back soon, let's grab some Jokbal while we talk. Unnie I'm sorry, I love you.

From Professor Kim"

MM : "I was being unfair to you but still you chose to do something for me. You could've just forgotten about me, look what happened to you. If I wasn't being stubborn you shouldn't be laying here with those needles pierced into you. Dahyun-ah you need to wake up okay? Unnie is waiting for you. You don't have to say anything to me, I should be the one saying sorry."

I whispered to her as I held her hand, I rested my head in her bed as I cry my heart out. Please Nana don't let things happen the same way again.

NO ONE'S POV

Dahyun opened her eyes, she looks down at her hand and when she bought her head up she was already sitting in front of an empty canvas and a palace on the background. She turned her head to the side and she saw Momo in her kimono playing in the garden.

KD  : "Yui!"

DH : "Did she call me Yui?"

She closes her eyes and tried to shake her head. She was sure it was a dream but once she opened her eyes she saw someone's familiar back sitting in the breakwater looking deeply on the ocean.

DH : "Where am I?"

KD : "Where do you think you are?"

Hearing what Dahyun said the girl faced her.

DH : "Are you? Are you really????"

KD : "Hirai Kaede, please to meet you Dahyun-ah."

DH :        

DH : "How do you know my name?"

KD : " I know a lot of things, and I know you have a lot of questions. Why don't you sit here with me?"

Dahyun just followed what the empress said. She sat next to her, her mind was about to explode with the confusion."

KD : "Why don't we start with something simple, you can ask me anything."

DH : "Ahhhhmmm why did you pick this place?"

KD : "This place? Hmmm this breakwater is really important to me, it was the only place my wife and I visited outside of Japan. In here we made a promise to always be together and before she died we were planning on moving here. To start a new life, a simple and happy one but little did we know it wasn't the life that was meant for us."

DH : "Haven't you seen her yet?"

KD : "I did, Yui and I have been reunited for a long time now. Everything is better for us."

DH : "Then why are you here? Where is she?"

KD : "Somebody asked me to get you. I think it's the right time for you to go back to her."

DH : "Who????"

KD : "Shouldn't you know?"

DH : "Ehhh it's getting more and more confusing. Don't we need to go to that place?"

KD : "What place? I'm just here to send you back."

DH : "Ehhhhhh? I thought this was purgatory and you're already picking me up. Am I not dead yet?"

The empress laughed at her, Dahyun would see the difference in how Momo laughs to Kaede's. 

KD : "Hahaha I'm just here to tell you to go back. Someone is waiting for you."

She stared at Dahyun and saw her wound from the accident.

KD : "Ohhh you're wound is on the same spot as hers."

DH : "Huh?"

KD : "Soon enough you'll figure out what I meant. You should go back she's waiting for you."

DH : "But.... She doesn't believe me."

KD : "She wouldn't ask me to help you out if she didn't want to see you again. You see Yui and I had always been watching you guys and this is not the place you're supposed to be Dahyun."

DH : "Why would you do that?"

KD : "Because we wanted to see how things will unfold for you guys. Dahyun what's bound to happen will always happen. There's no such thing as a coincidence.  You were bound for each other since the day you were born."

DH : "Don't you think it's too early to say that? I mean she already rejected me."

KD : "You two are too childish. Do you believe in the red thread of fate?"

DH "Red thread of what?"

KD : "Of fate! Hahaha, the gods tie an invisible red cord around the Finger of those that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation as they are "their true love". It's said that the thread is never broken. It only means that in whatever life you are, you are bound to meet your true love over and over again."

"You should go, you're taking too much of my time. I should be having fun with Yui right now."

DH : "Ehhh? But how can I go back?"

KD : "I'll show you. Stand up, but before I send you back can I ask you favor?"

DH : "Of course."

KD : "Then tell my Satang that she's doing great, she should marry that Tzuyu, to my Mitan tell her that I'm proud of her, she and Chaeyoung will be fine and to my Moguri tell her that she needs to follow her heart. Tell everyone I love them and I'll be watching over  them."

DH : "Arraso, thank you for helping me out."

KD : "Remember nothing from what happened between Yui and I will happen to you two."

DH : "Are you saying that Momo is your reincarnation?"

KD : "Huh? We've been talking for a while now and you still don't get it? Hahaha I see, nothing much has changed in this life too. You're still slow."

DH : "Then that means I'm......."

KD : "Off you go!"

Kaede pushed her towards the sea. Where she fell deeper and deeper but as deep as it gets the water became warmer. She held her stomach and feel her scar.

DH : "So she means that this was the exact place you got hit before right? I'm happy that you two found each other again."

She let herself fall to the Ocean floor, she closes her eyes with a smile on her face.

She let herself fall to the Ocean floor, she closes her eyes with a smile on her face        

---