CHAPTER 13

FINDING NABONG [2YEON]

JEONGYEON'S POV

[Day before the wedding]

To finalize everything my family and Jennie's arranged an early lunch for us. I was sitting in the middle of my mom and my dad, while Jennie's parent was right across us. But she haven't arrive yet.

JENNIE'S APPA : "Hmm Jennie just texted me she said she'll be here any moment now, we can start ordering."

JEONGYEON'S APPA : "Arraso, waiter!"

The waiter came to our table, I didn't want to be here in the first place and now I need to wait more because she's late.

JYA : "And give us some extra water please. Thank you."

JNA : "Sorry she'll be here soon."

JEONGYEON'S OMMA : "Ani. It's fine."

Jennie came in the restaurant. I can easily tell it was her from where we're sitting but it seems like she have someone with her.

JENNIE'S OMMA : "Jennie-ah you're late, you should be embarrassed for making them wait."

JYO : "Ani, no need for that."

JNA : "Hmm so you bought someone with you?"

JN : "Omma, Appa, Mrs. Yoo, Mr. Yoo, Jeong. This is Kim Jisoo."

JYA : "Nice to meet you Jisoo-ssi."

JS : "Nice to meet you all :)"

JN :        

JN : "Omma, Appa I'm sorry but I don't think I going to get married to Jeong."

JNA : "What are you saying young lady?"

Everyone was surprised by what she said. I didn't thought that she'll really call off the wedding.

JN : "Jisoo is not just a friend. I've  been dating her for over a year now."

JS : "I'm sorry to keep this a secret." 

JNO : "Kim Jennie what are you talking about? This is not the right time for you to make a joke like that."

JN : "Ani, I'm not joking. I meet Jisoo in med school and I didn't realize I'll fall for her. Mr. and Mrs. Yoo I'm very sorry. I'll take responsibility for everything, I'll pay back every single thing we prepared."

JYA : "Money is not the real po problem in this, you've been engaged with Jeong for a long time. Why now?"

JN : "Sorry Mr. Yoo it was all my fault but if you still want to continue the wedding tomorrow . I'm not going to show up."

JNA : "Kim Jennie! Enough of this nonsense!" 

Jennie looked at me and smiled. She was fighting for me, I knew it would come up like this since I tried to do it before. The only difference is Jennie is not backing down from them like what I did before.

JN : "Appa if you want to disown me, it's okay but there's nothing in this world that could change my mind. I'm not leaving Jisoo."

I knew that was the moment that I have to step up. I can't let Jennie take all the responsibility just to make me happy.

JY : "Omma, Appa sorry but I agree with Jennie. I don't think it's right for us to marry someone we don't really love." 

JNA : "You two are being ridiculous right now."

JN : "Ani appa, don't you want your daughter to live a happy life? How can I if you keep telling me what to do?"

Jennie's mom held her dad's arm. I saw her squeezing it.

JNO : "Appa I think it's time to call this off, we made a mistake by arranging everything for the two of them."

JYO : "That's right it was us who should be blamed, for messing up our daughters life."

JY : "Omma, Appa, Mr. and Mrs. Kim, I know were asking too much right now. But we want to have our own written destiny. Sorry." 

I bowed in front of them, I saw Jennie bowing with me at the same time.

JYA : "Jeongyeon-ah, Jennie-ah lift up your heads. We should be the one saying sorry to you guys. We played gods and thought we can fix everything with our own hands."

JNA : "Jennie-ah are you sure with this Jisoo?"

We raised our heads, I looked at her. She was staring at Jisoo.

JN : "Of course Appa, I'm sure she's really the one."

JNA : "Arraso. Mr. and Mrs. Yoo I'm sorry for all the trouble up until now but I can't let my daughter do this anymore. We'll take full responsibility from here after. We will make the calls to everyone."

JYA : "Jeongyeon-ah do you agree with this?"

JY : "Appa I do, I'm sorry."

JYA : "Then there's no point of carrying the responsibilities on your own. We'll share responsibility, since both of them called it off."

Our dads shake hands after that. My mom who was sitting beside me squeezed my hands.

JYO : "Jeong don't you think it's time to run?"

JY : "Huh?"

JYO : "You know, run to her.... She's been waiting for years right? I meet her before and it was our fault that they had to move somewhere far. I was a fool to do that to her."

JY : "Omma it's okay I can go to her tomorrow."

JYO : "Jeong don't waste anymore time in here. Go."

JY : "Then I'm going, Omma, Appa I'll call you. Mr. and Mrs. Kim I'm really sorry and thank you for understanding us. Jennie-ah thank you so much."

After I said my thanks and good bye to them, I hurried to my car. 

JN : "Jeong!!!!" 

I heard Jennie shouting from the doors. She was standing with Jisoo, I stopped in front of them.

JY : "Jennie-ah thank you! I didn't thought we will pull that one off. Ohh and Congratulations with Jisso :)"

JN : "Jisoo? Hahaha she's really just my classmate I just asked her to pretend for me."

JS : "She did offer me a year of free lunch, I couldn't say no to that."

JY : "Ehhhhh? You made her go to all that troubles."

JS : "It's fine hahaha she told me everything. After hearing your story, I willingly volunteered to help."

JY : "Thank you Jisoo-ah lets meet up again once I come back."

JS : "We should. I'll look forward to it."

JN : "Jeong good luck :) Don't you come back here without her okay?"

JY : "Arraso, Jennie-ah thank you for all the years you spent trying to understand me."

JN : "Ani, you're just stubborn. Gaja! Don't make her wait any longer."

JY : "Bye! I'll see you two soon!"

I started my journey to her, I was trying to drive faster as I try to avoid breaking the traffic rules. Nabong wait for me.

----