The Bad Person

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7 – The Bad Person

 


“I broke the promise.”

Sakura held her breath.

 

No.

Eunbi, no.

Don’t.

 

“Sakura, I’ve fallen for you.”

Eunbi finally said it. The words that she’s been wanting to say to Sakura for weeks since she’s gone. She didn’t care about the consequences; she just wants to let it out, and tell it to her face.

There’s no way it could end badly; Sakura was clearly interested in her too. There were signs everywhere. Despite her warning, not to fall for her, she’s been doing everything opposite of it.

And now there they were, the two young women looking at each other as they were sitting on the bench, basking under the moonlight.

Eunbi looked at her, her eyes locked in her gaze, waiting for her reaction. She was hoping to see a smile, or a grin on the younger girl’s face, but there wasn’t any.

Suddenly Sakura looked away.

“You can’t.”

Eunbi swallowed the lump in , “I-I can’t?”

Sakura sighed and looked at Eunbi again.

“I’ve told you, Eun. You can’t fall in love with me.”

This is not what Eunbi had expected. She didn’t know how to react to this. Sakura’s face was serious, she meant it.

The older girl gathered her strength and asked, “But why? Why can’t I?”

“You just can’t. Not with me.”

Eunbi can’t contain her feelings. Tears were pooling in her eyes, and she didn’t even realize when. She wanted to act tough but it’s hard when you’re being rejected so bluntly.

She bit her lip, “I just want to know why. If you’re rejecting me, can’t you just tell me the reason why?”

Sakura avoided her gaze and looked down.

“Because I’m not good enough for you, Eun.”

She continues, “You’re so beautiful, so kind and so loving. You’re an angel, Eun. You deserve to be with someone who truly loves you, who will never make you cry or break your heart, and will always be by your side, no matter what happens.”

“And I’m just not that person.”

Eunbi scoffed, “How can you be so sure about that? You’re talking as if we’ve dated.”

Sakura looked away and pressed her temple with her fingers.

“Maybe we did.”

Eunbi blinked, “What?”

“But why? I tried to make it different this time, but why did you fall in love with me again?” she muttered to herself.

Sakura looked into Eunbi’s eyes. The older girl can’t help but noticed how miserable she looked. She was the one who was being rejected, but why does Sakura looked like she suffers more? Her lips were trembling; her eyes were filled with sorrow as she trying to say her next sentences.

“I’m a bad person, Eun. I’m… dirty. Don’t fall for me,” she asked, her voice trembled.

Eunbi looked at her, confused.

“Why are you saying that? Why are you bad? I don’t understand what you’re saying…”

Sakura sighed, “Well, of course you don’t.”

“If only you knew-

“So tell me about it.”

Sakura gulped.

Eunbi scoffed, “Tell me who you really are! Tell me the bad things you did! Just tell me about it!””

She no longer can stop the tears in her eyes. She blinked and the tears were pouring out, rolling down her cheeks. She was crying hard, until she was sobbing. Sakura looked at her, hesitating. She wanted to reach out and touch her, but there was something holding her back.

Eunbi looked up and met Sakura’s eyes again.

“Sakura, tell me, so I can stop falling for you. Tell me, so that I can stop thinking about you no matter what I do.”

“Just, tell me the reason.”

Sakura looked at her for a while, and then she broke the gaze.

“I-I can’t. I’m sorry,” she said.

“You can’t?”

“I’m really sorry.”

“Why?”

“It’s complicated.”

“Why is it so complicated?”

“I CAN’T TELL YOU ABOUT IT!”

Eunbi looked away, hurt.

Sakura sighed, “I’m sorry, but you shouldn’t fall in love with me. I’ve told you that before!”

Eunbi stood up.

 

“Then you shouldn’t even appear in front of me.”



**



When Eunbi returned to the waiting post, the lights were all turned back on. She ignored Sakura who was trailing her from behind. She soon found out from her colleague that Sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter