Jobless and Bored

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 – Jobless and Bored



How does she know?

So she found out about my background from Nako, fine. That makes sense, I guess. But how on earth could she predict the future? Does she have super powers or something? Is she a superhero?

Okay, that’s just absurd. It must be a coincidence.

It must be..

It must be..


“It must be…”

“What must be?” asked a voice.

Eunbi snapped back to reality the sound of the voice. She blinked her eyes a few times, taking in her surroundings. She was currently in class, with Yujin’s face just inches away from hers. The young teen smirked at her.

The teacher pushed her student’s forehead with a hand, creating gap between them.

“Have you finished your work, Yujin? I’m not going to give you chances again. I’ll report you for sure.”

Yujin smiled before walking backwards.

“But I’ve finished it, Miss Kwon. You can’t punish me,” she said confidently.

She walked backwards until she reached her seat. The other students were still struggling answering the questions given.

“Really? You’ve finished it? That’s hard to believe,” Eunbi asked as she walked to towards her seat.

Yujin sat on her seat and hugged the book, “But I’ve finished it. You have to stop doubting me, Miss Kwon. It’s not good for our relationship.”

Eunbi sighed, “What relationship?”

“Stop acting like you don’t know what I’m talking about. I know we have to keep it a secret but you’re too much,” Yujin replied with an exaggerated gasp.

Nako who sat next to her had to stifle her laugh, “Yujin, stop it.”

Yuri shook her head, “She’s being delusional again.”

“Eun, please, don’t do this. Think about us,” Yujin said gently.

Eunbi scoffed and grabbed the book from her grasp.

“Show it to me, my dear,” Eunbi said, playing along.

Yujin chuckled.

“Hmm, let me see…”

She paused as she saw a page. A page with a huge word written on it.



‘FINISHED’

 


Eunbi hands were shaking as she tried to control her anger.

“Ahn Yujin!!!”




**


 

Eunbi felt so drained after the school ends. She was chasing Yujin for the rest of the day and took her to the principal’s office. She walked along the hallway, dragging her feet.

Weird student at work.

Weird neighbor at home.

Is there anything that’s normal at all?


Eunbi’s thoughts suddenly fell on Sakura, again. There’s just something so mysterious about her and it’s been bothering Eunbi for days. She won’t feel at peace until she gets the answers.

Suddenly she saw her sister, Chaewon walking with a petite girl. It was Nako. Chaewon and Nako are in the school committee together, and though Chaewon is a senior, she’s quite close with Nako.

“Hey girls!” she called.

Chaewon and Nako paused and turned around.

“Oh, good afternoon Miss Kwon,” Nako greeted, smiling.

“Hey unnie,” said Chaewon nonchalant.

What a cute girl, Eunbi thought. Good genes must be running in their family.

“Where are you girls going?”

“We’re on the way to the committee meeting,” replied Chaewon.

“Hmm, can I borrow Nako for a minute?”

Nako and Chaewon exchanged looks.

“Why? Is she in trouble?” Chaewon asked, concern.

Nako gulped, “I have nothing to do with whatever Ahn Yujin did. What did she do this time?”

Eunbi shook her head, “She’s not in trouble, I just want to ask her about something.”





**




“Sakura-neechan?” Nako asked.

She and Eunbi were sitting in the teacher’s lounge where the teacher had taken her.

Eunbi nodded, “Yes. Are you close with your sister?”

“We’re really close. If you asked me, she’s not just my sister but also my best friend,” replied Nako with a grin.

“She must be a great sister.”

“The greatest! She’s a bit of a nerd but she’s really smart and helped me with school a lot. She also likes to cook; I think she can even open her own restaurant one day.”

Eunbi smiled, “Really? She doesn’t really look like the type, to be honest with you.”

Nako chuckled, “I know what you mean.”

“But why are you asking me about her?” she asked, with a smirk on her face.

“Hmm?”

“Are you… interested with my sister?”

“W-What?”

“Yujin is going to be so disappointed, but this is fun,” Nako said with a giggle.

Eunbi scoffed, “I-I am not interested in her! Not in that way!!”

Nako looked at her teacher, speechless.

The teacher cleared , “Is there anything weird about your sister?”

“Weird?”

“Yeah, things that are not normal maybe a little supernatural.”

Nako gave Eunbi a weird look, “A-Are you asking me if my sister has superpowers?”

Eunbi looked at her blankly. They both looked at each other without saying anything.

Nako grinned, “Well, if there’s anything weird about her, is that she seems really cheerful lately. She likes cracking jokes with me and smiles a lot.”

Eunbi nods, “Yeah, she really does smiles a lot. So pretty.”

A smile formed on her lips.

Nako stared at her teacher, shocked. Being able to witness Eunbi’s earnest smile is like winning a lottery ticket. It’s rare. It’s usually just a smirk or sneer, but this is an actual smile.

“You’re even more beautiful when you smile, Miss Kwon,” Nako said in admiration.

Eunbi cleared and turned serious again.

“So, you’re saying that she’s completely normal?”

Nako nodded, “Yes, she’s not going to join the Avengers anytime soon.”

Eunbi sighed, “It must be just a coincidence.”

Nako glanced at her watch, “Oh I’m sorry Miss Kwon, but I’m late for my meeting.”

“Oh okay, you should go now. Thanks Nako.”

“Anytime, Miss Kwon.”

She stood up to leave but suddenly she stopped in her tracks.

“Wait, I think there’s something a little weird happened recently,” Nako suddenly said.

Eunbi looked at her, curious.

“What is it?”

“One morning, she asked me what day it is.”

“Wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter