The Broken Promise

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

The Broken Promise




Eunbi gasped.

She couldn’t believe her eyes.

But this is really happening. Hyewon was there, just opposite the road from her, locking lips with a woman in front of a hotel. She watched the couple as Hyewon pulled away and hugged the woman before she entered a red Audi.

Eunbi gritted her teeth and her face had already turned red. She was boiling inside.

Hyewon was smiling sheepishly and waved her hands at the woman as the car drove away.

And Eunbi just couldn't hold back any longer.

Suddenly, she parked the car by the roadside and got out. She slammed the door shut. She crossed the road, with her eyes still fixed on her friend, ignoring the traffic that passed by. A few cars honked at her, but she didn’t care.

Hyewon heard the commotion, and she can’t help but look at the street. She gulped. How she wished she didn’t.

She saw her friend, Eunbi walking towards her, and she didn’t look pleased. She froze in her spot until the girl was in front of her.

“How could you do this to her?!” she asked as soon as she got there.

“Ah Eunbi, what are you doing here…” Hyewon said, ignoring her question.

Eunbi scoffed,

“HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO SAKURA?!”

Hyewon was shocked; she froze and gaping, unable to react. She had never seen her friend that angry before. Though they had been friends for almost 10 years.

She gulped, “Eun, I can explain.”

“Explain what?! I think this is pretty clear. You’ve been lying to Sakura and had been meeting that woman behind her back!!”

Hyewon shook her head, “She’s not just any woman. She’s the woman I’ll be marrying.”

Eunbi stared at her, stunned, “Y-You’re getting married?”

Hyewon nods calmly, “Actually, I had been arranged to marry Chaeyeon by our families…”

“Then what about Sakura? So you’re just… playing with her?” Eunbi asked, pissed.

Hyewon sighed, “I was rebelling against my family, I don’t want to be part of their game. They want me to marry someone from the Lee family just for the sake of business, okay? And I’m just a pawn.”

“But, I’ve been meeting with Chaeyeon for the past week and she’s trying hard to make this arrangement work, and she said that she genuinely likes me-

Eunbi cuts in, “So, you’re using Sakura just to rebel against your family??”

The taller girl shook her head, “Look, I didn’t plan for any of this to happen, okay? And I know I did Sakura wrong, but she’s also the naïve one to believe me and come to Seoul with me. We only just met for god’s sake!”

Eunbi hissed, “You .”

And by impulse, she raised her right hand.

It landed on Hyewon’s left cheek, followed with a small cry from the latter and a throbbing pain on her palm. She stared at Hyewon, who was pressing her left cheek.

Their gazes met and it suddenly became intense.

People walking by were staring at them but they didn’t care.

“If you don’t have any intention of being serious with her, you shouldn’t even start it in the first place. Is it fun playing with people’s emotions?!” Eunbi asked.

Hyewon scoffed, “I date her because she’s pretty, okay? Is it so wrong if I want to have some fun with her?”

Eunbi balled her fist, trying her best to contain her anger, “H-Have fun?!”

“Is Sakura a game to you? She’s also a woman with feelings!”

“Eun, what’s wrong with you?! Why are you furious about this?! This is between me and Sakura!”

Hyewon raised an eyebrow, “Wait. Don’t tell me that… you like her?”

Eunbi stared at her friend for the longest time, not saying anything.

And then she nodded.

“Yes I do.”

Hyewon’s eyes widened and she gasped.

“It’s not just like.”

“I love her.” Eunbi continued.

“I love her so much, way before you even met her.”

Hyewon scoffed, “Wh-What?”

“I thought I could let her go and endure the pain. I thought I will feel content just to see her happy, but you-

“You just made me change my mind,” Eunbi continued.

With that last sentence, she turned around and walked away, leaving Hyewon alone at the sidewalk.


 

**


Eunbi parked her car as fast as she could, pulled the keys and slammed the door.

She ran to the elevator and pressed the button impatiently. Not once but she pushed it repeatedly until the elevator arrived. It was empty so she quickly entered and pressed for her floor.

She wanted to get home as soon as possible and meet Sakura.

There’s something she wants to tell her.

She must tell her.

No matter what the consequences are.

Today, she must tell her how she feels.

The elevator door opened.

Her right foot was already out the door when suddenly someone grabbed her wrist.

Eunbi was shocked, she almost fell. There wasn’t anyone else in the elevator earlier. She got goosebumps but she still turn around to see who stopped her.

She was up for a surprise.

It was the mysterious beautiful tall girl, Chaewon.

Eunbi gulped; she was certain she was alone just n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter