The Macarons Cafe

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 – The Macarons Cafe



I have the weirdest neighbor in the world. And no, I’m not talking about Myungsoo. It’s about Sakura.

She’s always smiling when she looks at me. She smiles so much and I think it’ll look weird if she suddenly stopped smiling. I’m starting to think that she even smile in her sleep.

And suddenly she’s Nako’s sister? I’ve known Nako since this year since she’s I’m her homeroom teacher but she never mentions about her sister. Maybe it’s my fault for not looking into her personal files, but still.

She’s weird. She seems to know everything about me.

And she even told me not to fall in for her?

She’s so full of herself!

Even though I’ll never ever fall for her, it still bothers me of how arrogant she is.

And her sweet smiles that’s keep making me smile too. It’s annoyingly contagious. I really hope I can smile like that whenever I’m with Myungsoo. But I can’t. But with Sakura, I can smile almost instantly. Just by the sight of her from miles away. It’s weird.

Sakura is weird.

A weird person with such a beautiful face that’s even more beautiful when she smiles…


It was a Saturday morning, and Eunbi sat alone on the bench in front of her house. She wanted to prepare breakfast but Chaewon had left early to meet her friends to study. She’s a senior and it’s good that she’s studying hard, but Eunbi can’t help but suspects that she’s probably dating. She pulled the sweater around her body, keeping herself warm in the cool morning air.

“Morning, Eun,” a voice suddenly greeted.

Eunbi turned her head to the familiar voice immediately.

She gulped. Sakura was looking at her, smiling. She was standing by, wearing jeans and a black hoodie, with her round rimmed glass again. She was dressing simple, but looks stunning, still.

“Can I join you?” she said, pointing to the bench.

“S-Sure,” replied Eunbi.

Sakura sat on the bench and silence fell between them. Eunbi didn’t know how to deal with this neighbor of hers. She’s popping up whenever she pleases, looking pretty and charming, and telling her not to fall for her. And it’s only been a week since she met her. One weird week for Eunbi.

“Thanks,” Sakura suddenly said, breaking the silence between them.

Eunbi turn to look at her.

She was handing her something in her hand. Some papers.

Eunbi raised an eyebrow, “What is this?”

Sakura shrugged, “Just a little thanks from me, because Nako passed her test with flying colors.”

Eunbi smiled, “She did it herself. She’s already really smart to begin with. I was just helping.”

“Yes, but still. Please accept this or else I won’t feel at ease,” Sakura insisted.

Eunbi sighed and took the piece of paper from her hand.

She looked at the paper and her eyes widen.

“This is a cash voucher for the newly opened Macaron Café! I’ve been wanting to go there since they opened last month!” she said, excited.

Sakura grinned, “You loves macarons, don’t you? They have more than 50 flavors and they have special ones every day.”

Eunbi looked at Sakura and their eyes met.

“What?” asked the younger.

“You’re really freaking me out sometimes. No most of the time.”

“What did I do?”

“How did you know that I like macarons?”

“Is that important? It’s just a wild guess.”

“You can’t be that good at guessing, are you a psychic or something.”

Sakura chuckled, “So, do you want to go to the cafe? They have yellow macarons special only for today! You have to go!”

“Really? But, I don’t know, who should I go with? That café is filled with couples. It’s awkward to go alone.”

Sakura grinned and pointed at herself. But Eunbi just look at her blankly.

The younger girl pouted and kept the finger on herself.

Eunbi rolled her eyes, “Fine. Do you want to go with me, Sakura?”

Sakura pretended to looked shocked.

“Oh my, Eun, are you asking me out?!”

Eunbi laughed and shook her head.

“You’re weird, Sakura.”




**


 

The two of them decided to go to the café later that day. For some reason, Eunbi had troubles picking the right outfit to wear, and got frust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter