Fortune Telling Booth

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 – Fortune Telling Booth



I’m standing in front of my house.

I don’t even know what or who I’m waiting for. Is it Myungsoo? Maybe not. Because he already left the house almost 10 minutes ago, yet I’m still standing here.

It’s getting annoying; I haven’t seen Sakura for almost a week since our walk in the park.

It’s not that I’m waiting for her, or missing her, it’s just- I don’t know.

It’s something that I can’t explain.

But it’s nice having her around.

It’s just a nice feeling.



Eunbi let out a sigh before turning around and walked towards her car. It’s a Saturday, but she’s heading to school. There’s the school’s annual festival going on that day. Chaewon had already left earlier with her pretty friend whom she had yet to introduce to her sister. Her younger sister looks happy lately, she seems to have her life in order, more than she does.

She glanced one more time towards the road, where Sakura’s house is.

But there’s no sign of her.



**



“Hey Eunbi! Come here!” Hyewon called as she waved to her friend.

Eunbi smiled weakly as she walked towards her friend. Hyewon had already arrived, waiting for her near by one of the student’s booth. The booth were selling cakes, so it's no surprise why Hyewon chose to wait for her there.

“Looks like you’ve already started without me,” Eunbi said, pointing at the cake in her hand.

Hyewon smiled, “This is just an appetizer.”

She linked her arm with her friend, “Let’s see what else they got! Yujin kept asking me to come.”

“Ah, Yujin has a booth too, right?” asked Eunbi.

“Yes, she has one with her cute buddy, Nako-chan. I wonder what kind of booth they’re having.”

The two friends walked through the pathway towards the centre of the festival. There were a lot of booths on both sides. The students were excited to see Eunbi there, their teacher, wearing casual jeans and yellow sweater.

“Hye, you seem free these days. Why aren’t you out dating with your boyfriend?” Eunbi asked.

Hyewon shrugged, “Oh, I broke up with him. I forgot to tell you that.”

“Eh? Why? You’ve only been dating him for like.... 2 weeks.”

“He bores me,” Hyewon replied, short.

Eunbi shook her head, “Everyone bores you.”

“Yeah, like seriously. Isn’t there someone out there for me? Someone who would accept me for who I am, who’s willing to go with me on my food adventures, and play games with…”

“Sounds like you want to date your best friend,” Eunbi said, amused.

“Yeah, maybe I should just date you. You’re perfect,” Hyewon replied with a smirk.

Eunbi chuckled, “What’s with the girls around me lately?”

“What? Is there another girl hitting on you? Ohh spill the details!”

“There’s nothing to spill, Hye. Don’t get excited.”

“Of course I’m excited. Your love life is kind of dry for the past couple of years. I just want you to meet someone and fall in love. Date around, explore your options and… uality.”

Eunbi rolled her eyes. She and Hyewon walked along the student’s booth. There were various booths managed by the student’s clubs and societies, such as the hot dog stall by the Business Club and the fortune telling booth by the Mystery Club.

“My mother used to tell me that once you fell in love with someone, you will never get bored of them,” Eunbi said, suddenly.

Hyewon looked at her friend, interested.

“She said that you will accept all their flaws, because in your eyes, they’re perfect,” Eunbi added, smiling.

Hyewon clapped her hand.

“Wow, that’s a nice philosophy from the experienced love doctor.”

“Don’t mock me. I know I’ve never been in a serious relationship before, but that’s what my mother told me. And my parents are still so in love, it’s enviable sometimes,” Eunbi said, her face red.

Hyewon smiled, “Well, I gues

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter