Who Are You?

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 – Who Are You?



Sometimes I hate myself. Like really. There are times that my body just moved by itself, without me realizing. Like that one time, I fell asleep while I was in class because I forgot to drink my Sprite that morning. I woke up after Yujin drew a long moustache on my face, with a black marker pen. Permanent ink.

Anyway, I’m doing another stupid thing right now. Standing in front of my house, waiting for Myungsoo to pass by. My brain kept telling me to stop acting like such a desperate being and just go to work, but my feet wouldn’t move. My day wouldn’t be complete without seeing him. Even though it’s from afar. Gosh, I’m pathetic.

Oh my god, here he comes..


“Good morning, Eunbi,” a voice greeted as he walked towards her.

There he was, Eunbi’s crush. She has been crushing on the man ever since he helped her with her house alarm. There was some wire trip and the alarm setting off on its own in the middle of the night. Luckily he came and helped her sorting it out. He’s a real estate agent, and a really reliable man in her eyes. Not to mention he is also very attractive. He keeps himself fit, jogging every morning before heading off to work.

Eunbi can’t tear her eyes off him, and she waved awkwardly.

“Morning, Myungsoo oppa!” she greeted back, maybe a little too loud considering he was right in front of her.

Myungsoo chuckled, flashing his dimples.

“Going to work?” he asked.

“Yes, I’m about to leave when I saw you’re heading here…” Eunbi replied with a lie. She was waiting for him all along. She was hoping one day she could join him on his jogging trips too.

Myungsoo looked at her from her head to toe and then smiled.

“Wow, you look really nice today. I bet your students will have a hard time concentrating in class today. They’re so lucky.”

Eunbi could feel her cheeks heating up, “W-What are you talking about…”

Myungsoo grinned, “I’m not kidding. You look nice. I want to go back to school if I could.”

Eunbi looked at him, trying to come out with a witty reply. This is the perfect time to flirt with him and maybe ask him out. She could just give him a deadly smile and a wink and tell him that he’ll be her favorite student in class. Or better yet, she can offer him a one to one teaching session.

That would work.

Except that it didn’t happen.

She really wants to smile at him and flirt, but she froze. Like every other time. The air was suddenly turned awkward with silence.

Myungsoo cleared his throat, “Okay then, I gotta get ready for work now. Have a nice day, Eunbi!”

“O-Okay, you too,” Eunbi replied, flat.

Eunbi watched him as he walked towards his house until he was out of her sight. She let out a loud sigh.

“WHY?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??” she rants as she hit her own forehead with her hand.

“Because you just can’t,” a voice said.

“OH MY!!” Eunbi said, startled. She quickly turned around.

Sakura was standing behind her, smiling. Eunbi gulped. Did she just heard everything that just happened? That embarrassing scene she wished to forget?

Eunbi’s face turned red, from both embarrassment and anger. She looked at Sakura.

“New neighbour, would you please stop doing that?!”

“Do what?”

“Suddenly appearing behind me like that! I could die of heart attack!”

Sakura chuckled, “You won’t die of heart attack, don’t worry about that,” she said.

Eunbi looked at her blankly, “What the-

The Japanese girl turned around and walked to Eunbi’s car.

“Anyway, why are you trying so hard to flirt with that dude anyway? You won’t succeed so stop wasting your time with him, he’s not even that good looking,” Sakura said as she leaned her back against the car.

The older girl scoffed, “Who are you to tell me that? How did you know that I won’t succeed? You don’t even know me, we just met yesterday!”

Sakura shrugged and opened the car’s door for Eunbi.

“Stop yapping Eun, you’ll be late to work again.”

Eunbi glanced at her watch.


“Oh no, not again!”



**




“She’s doing it again?” Yuri said, shaking her head.

She, Yujin and Nako were standing in front of the teacher’s desk, staring at their teacher.

“I mean what kind of teacher fall asleep in class?” Yuri added.

“It really makes me confuse, isn’t it always the students who fell asleep in class?” Nako asked, nudging Yuri.

“Er..Yujin, what are you doing?” Nako asked.

Yujin was holding a red marker pen, with the tip so close to Eunbi’s cheek.

“Miss Kwon needs some artistic touch on her face. She needs more blusher,” Yujin replied.

Everyone stared at her, speechless.

“Not again, Yujin. I’m not gonna be a part of this,” Yuri said, walking away from the desk.

“The last time you drew something on her face, it took hours to take it off! Poor Miss Kwon,” Nako said, wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter