The Two Strangers

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

The Two Strangers



Eunbi held Sakura's hand tightly with her eyes fixed on her as the unconscious girl was lying on the bed. They brought her back to her apartment after the doctor informed them that it was nothing serious. It was just the heat.

Wonyoung and Yujin were also there in the room with them, exchanging glances with each other. It’s not that hard to notice what’s going on with the way Eunbi looking at Sakura with endearing eyes.

"Yujin," Eunbi suddenly called.

"Yes unnie?" the younger girl replied, startled.

"Did you get in touch with your sister yet?" she asked, serious.

Yujin shook her head, "No. She turned off her phone.."

Eunbi scoffed, "What is she doing? Her girlfriend just fainted and she’s not around.”

“Try calling her again," she ordered.

Yujin nodded and immediately dialed her sister’s number.

After a few seconds her face lit up, “Ah, unnie! Where are you? We’ve been-

She didn’t manage to finish talking when Eunbi suddenly grabbed the phone and left the room, slamming the door behind her.

The two girls were left confused.

“She seems pissed,” Yujin said, still shocked.

Wonyoung nodded, “Is she going to scold her or something?”

But there was no response from Yujin. Wonyoung glanced at her and saw her staring at Sakura’s face intently.

“Why are you looking at her like that?” Wonyoung asked, feeling uneasy.

Yujin shook her head, "It’s nothing..."


**


“YAH KANG HYEWON!” Eunbi shouted furiously through the phone as soon as she left room.

“E-Eunbi?” Hyewon asked, shocked.

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!”

"I-I've told you that I have some matters to attend to," Hyewon replied, stuttering.

She gritted her teeth, "What matters?! Get your here right now! Your girlfriend is sick and you’re out running errands?!"

"Sakura wh-what? Where are you guys? I'll be there!" Hyewon said, panicked.



**


Wonyoung and Yujin left the apartment, because Eunbi insisted that she would watch over Sakura by herself before Hyewon comes.

She sat by Sakura's bed, never once letting go of her hand. Her gaze never leaving Sakura’s face, observing her expressions. She was worried that the younger girl might experience another nightmare.

But she wasn’t. Her face was calm and serene.

She was smiling.

Watching over someone made Eunbi thirsty. She looked around the room and saw a bottle of mineral water on the table. But the table was quite far and she has to get up to reach it.

Slowly, she let Sakura’s hand go.

Suddenly,

"Don't leave me…" Sakura muttered.

Eunbi quickly grabbed her hand again, no longer cared to quench her thirst.

"Don't go..." Sakura continued.

She held Sakura's left hand with both her palms and then gently brought it closer to .

Tenderly, she planted a soft kiss at the back of her hand.


I'm not leaving you..


Suddenly,

"Eunbi…" a voice called.

Eunbi gulped and carefully glanced at Sakura’s face. The Japanese girl has awake and was looking at her.

She creased her eyebrows, confused.

"Who… are you really?" she asked, again.

Eunbi immediately let go of her hands and stood up.

"Wh-What do you mean?" She asked, nervous.

"I think we've known each other before," Sakura replied.

Eunbi kept mum and acted like she wasn't listening.

"How are you feeling? You passed out at the beach…" she said.

She walked to the table nearby and grabbed a bottle of water. Sakura wasn't satisfied with the answer and climbed down the bed.

"I saw your photos in the album yesterday, and there's one where you were standing in front of a house. I… used to live in the same neighborhood for a short while," Sakura said.

Eunbi opened the bottle and grabbed a glass, still ignoring her.

Sakura walked to her, "If we were neighbors, I’m sure we’ve at least met once back then. I also found out that you were Nako’s homeroom teacher. Why didn't you say anything about it when we first met?"

Eunbi took a sip from the glass and cleared .

"Oh really? I-I don't really remember."

Sakura continued to stare at her, making the latter feeling nervous and uncomfortable. Beads of sweat formed on Eunbi's forehead, and her heart was thumping rapidly.


Thump.

Thump.

Thump.


Should I tell you everything?

Should..I?



Soon, she was no longer able to face h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter