Heartbreaker

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8 – Heartbreaker


 

Kwon Eunbi was gripping tight on the fork she was holding. She was supposed to eat the steak, but something was bothering her mind.

“Eunbi, please don’t go out with him. Please, I beg you.”

Sakura’s voice was echoing in her mind. Though she was acting indifferent and walked away from her, she heard her every words.

Sakura… what did you mean?

Why didn’t you let me go with him?

Why-

“Eunbi, are you okay?” asked a voice, thus breaking her train of thoughts.

She looked up from her plate and met a man’s eyes. Her date for that evening, Myungsoo was looking at her worriedly.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” she said before taking a bite from the steak on her fork.

She munched on her food and smiled at him, like nothing is wrong. But she didn’t know how long she can fake this. It was supposed to be a dream come true for her, she was finally out on a date with her neighbor, but she’s not all over the moon for it.

She can’t stop thinking about the other neighbor.

He tried to make it comfortable for her, he initiated the conversation, asked about her day and keep asking her if she liked the food. But Eunbi can only gave him short replies. She felt bad for him. Soon the only sound between them was the clinking sound of the cutlery and the plates.

Eunbi cleared .

“Excuse me, I’m sorry, but I need to go to the restroom for a bit,” she said.

Myungsoo smiled and nodded, “Yeah, sure.”

She gave him another awkward smile before turning around and walked towards the restroom. He watched her leaves with a comforting smile, his gaze following her until she was out of his sight.

But as soon as she was no longer visible. His smile disappeared. A smirk crept up on his face as he reached into his pocket.

“Oh Eunbi,” he said, taking out a small bottle of liquid.

He put a few drops of the liquid into Eunbi’s wine. The liquid was clear, and odorless. Completely untraceable.

“We’re going to have some fun tonight, neighbor.”

 

 

**

 

Eunbi was standing in front of the mirror in the restroom. She was there for a while, doing nothing but stare at her own reflection.

She looked down at the sink.

What am I doing here?

I don’t want to be with Myungsoo right now.

I just-

Sakura why are you making me feel like this?

Suddenly a something warm fell on the back of her hand. She looked up and look into the mirror. It was her own tears.

“W-Why am I crying?”

She quickly pulled a tissue and dabbed the edges of her eyes, before it ended up smearing her makeup.

“T-This is so stupid,” she muttered under her breath.


**



“I’m sorry I keep you waiting,” Eunbi said as she returned to her seat.

“No, it’s okay. I don’t mind waiting, especially for you,” her date said, smiling.

His remark caught her off guard, and she looked at him, stunned. She looked away eventually, but he already noticed her slightly blushing cheeks.

He smiled again.

“Let’s toast,” he suggested, holding his glass.

She raised her eyebrow, “To what?”

He leaned closer, “To us being here tonight, and… to your beautiful smile.”

Eunbi chuckled, “That’s fair I guess.”

“Of course, now, raise your glass.”

She smiled and reached for her glass.

“To neighbors,” she said.

Eunbi put the glass under her lips, as she was about to take a sip from the glass of wine.

Myungsoo looked at her in anticipation.


Drink it, Eunbi. Drink..


Suddenly someone grabbed the glass away from Eunbi’s grip.

“Don’t drink that!” said the person.

Myungsoo scoffed, “You again?!”

Eunbi looked at the person who snatched the glass from her. She was wearing brown jacket and jeans and that same clear eyes.

“Sakura? What are doing here?” Eunbi asked, shocked.

But the Japanese girl didn’t say anything, instead she grabbed Eunbi’s arm and pull her up from the chair.

“Hey! What are you doing?!” Myungsoo asked, pissed.

Sakura turn her gaze at him, her face was red with anger.

“Not to her, you son of a . How dare you.”

He stood up and looked down at her, “What the hell are you sprouting here-

“YOU SPIKED HER DRINK JUST NOW!”

He looked at her, stunned. Everyone in the restaurant was looking at them. Eunbi gasped.

“N-No I didn’t! You’re trying to frame me you dyke! You’re just pissed that she’s out here on a date with me!”

Sakura handed him the glass that was meant for Eunbi.

“If I’m lying, prove it to everyone. Drink this. You should be fine if this drink is just wine and nothing else. Take a sip.”

Myungsoo looked at the glass, unable to say anything. He blinked a few times and gulped.

There was a long silence.

Eunbi gasped, “Y-You really spiked my drink?”

He kept silent.

“Let’s get out of here, Eun. Don’t waste more time on him.”

Sakura grabbed Eunbi’s purse and pulled her along.



**



“What the hell did you just do?!” Eunbi asked to Sakura. Now that she’s finally got over the shock, anger was washing over her.

The two of them were at the parking lot, away from everyone else.

“You just barged into me and my date and exposed him of spiking my drink! How did you know that??” Eunbi continued.

Sakura sighed, “I just saved you. Can you just say thank you and leave it at that?”

“How did you know what he did?!” Eunbi repeated.

Sakura looked away, avoiding her eyes.

“Why are you doing this to me, Sakura? You said that I can’t fall in love with you, or be with you, then why are lingering around me and protecting me like this?!”

Eunbi grunted, “TELL ME, SAKURA! WHO ARE YOU?!”

“I-I’m just Sakura, your neighbor.”

“Then how the hell did you know about what’s going to happen?? Please tell me, because it’s driving me crazy!!”

Sakura stammered, “I-I just know, alright?!”

“What kind of bull is that?! Just tell me the truth, Sakura!!”

The Japanese girl scoffed, “FINE! I KNOW IT BECAUS

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter