The New Neighbour

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

The New Neighbour

There was a girl lying down on her bed. She was pulling the blanket slightly over her head, trying to conceal herself from the light. Her sister had already the light in her room, urging her to get up, but she continues to sleep.

Suddenly the alarm beeped. The sound was disturbing her so much that it finally able to wake her up. She pushed down the blanket and reached for her phone to turn it off.

"Gosh it’s already morning…” she murmured, still with her eyes closed.

She pushed herself up and opened her eyes, squinting at the blinding light coming from the lamp on the ceiling. She yawned lazily. She got up and made her way towards the bathroom.

"Ugh, it's time to go to work…" she mumbled.

Her name is Kwon Eunbi, 25 years old. A fresh graduate from a university. She just recently started working as a teacher in one of the high school in Seoul. It’s the school where her sister, Chaewon is studying. Teaching wasn’t her main passion, but she happened to pass the test and she decided to go for it.

Eunbi rushed her breakfast, as she was already late for work. Her sister had already walked to school with her friends and left her alone. She shoved a spoonful of cereals into .

Too hard.

"Ugghh!!" as expected, she choked.

She gently hit her chest, trying to un-choke herself. Suddenly her eyes lit up as she saw someone out of her window.

There was a man was jogging outside. Handsome man.

Myungsoo.

Eunbi quickly wiped and rushed out the door, hoping she could 'accidentally' bumped into her neighbor.

"Myungsoo oppa!! Good morning," she greets.

The man paused and turned to look at where Eunbi was. The neighbor had always greeted him before his morning jogs, it had become a habit seeing her standing there and waving at him. He can’t help but smile. It’s hard not to.

"Hey, Eunbi! Good morning to you too," he replied as he walked towards her.

"I-It's a beautiful morning," Eunbi said awkwardly. She tucked her hair behind her ear and smiled.

Myungsoo smiled and nodded, “Indeed.”

"Yeah, are you going to school now?" he asked.

Eunbi stared blankly and then nodded, "Yeah, I’m about to leave now. But I saw you and-

He chuckled, "Well, you better get going now. You'll be late, Miss Kwon."

Eunbi glanced at her watch.

"Gosh, I’m late!" she muttered.

She quickly looked at Myungsoo.

“Told you so,” he said with a grin.

“Well, see you around, oppa, I gotta go. Have a nice day!”

He smiled, “Yes, you too. May you have a great day ahead of you today too!”

With that he waved and continued his jog towards the park nearby. Eunbi scrambled inside the house, put her bowl and cup inside the sink and grabbed her bag. She closed the door behind her and locked it in a hurry.

When she turned around, there was someone standing behind her. She had no idea.

"OH MY GOD!!" she shrieked. She put a hand over her chest, trying to calm down. She was really startled.

There was a young woman was standing in front of her, and she was staring at her with her clear eyes, and a smile plastered across her face. Her cheeks were pink.

She has a really pretty smile, probably the most beautiful smile Eunbi has ever seen.

Well, she’s just beautiful.

"Uh, who are you?" Eunbi asked as she took a few steps backwards.

The woman giggled and took a few steps forward.

"I'm your new neighbour," she said, offering her hand for a handshake.

Eunbi stared at her hand blankly for a few seconds.

"Uh… hi," she said as she grabs her hand.

"It's Sakura," she said, smiling until her eyes are no longer visible as she held tightly to Eunbi's hand.

"I- I'm Eunbi," Eunbi said as she pulled her hand away from the tight grip of the new girl.

Eunbi glanced at her watch one more time.

"Oh no! I'm really late," she said, panicked.

"Well, er… Sakura nice meeting you. I really have to go now, I'll talk to you later!" she added as she rushed to her car.

Sakura followed her.

"Okay, I'll see you later, Eun," she said, smiling.

Eunbi paused as she heard Sakura called her with that nickname.

Sakura walked to Eunbi and stopped right before her.

Eunbi looked at her, curious.

Suddenly Sakura wrapped her arms around Eunbi as she closed her eyes, enjoying the one sided hug.

Eunbi froze in her new neighbour's embrace, unsure of how to react.

Sakura slowly released her grip around Eunbi's body and turned around.

"You should go now, your students are waiting," she said.

Eunbi nodded.

"Uh..yeah.."

She quickly entered the car and drive her way to school.

Sakura watched as Eunbi’s car disappearing from her view.

She smiled.

"Eun..



**



"Good morning Miss Kwon!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter