The Wish of Tears

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

The Wish of Tears


Eunbi hurriedly sip her coffee though it was still hot. After she finished it, she put the cup in the sink and grabbed her bag. She glanced at her watch as she walked to the door.

"Eunbi?" A voice suddenly called.

Eunbi turned around and saw Sakura standing behind her in her t-shirt and comfy pants, groggily rubbing her eyes, like a sjungpy kitten.

The older girl could feel her cheeks turning hot.

She cleared and act casual, "I gotta go to class. I've prepared some toast and coffee on the table for breakfast.."

"And there's warm milk too," she added.

"You made breakfast for me?" Sakura asked, touched.

"Then let's have breakfast together before you leave!"

"I already ate," Eunbi replied coldly.

“Oh..” Sakura looked down, feeling dejected.

"How are you feeling?" Eunbi suddenly asked.

"Better," Sakura replied with a smile.

Eunbi quickly looked away, "Where are you planning to go today?"

"Hmm, Hyewon said she'll pick me up today. I'm not sure what she's planning though," Sakura replied.

"That's… great," Eunbi replied short.

Then the awkward silence fell between them.

“I have to go now,” Eunbi said, breaking the silence.

She turned around and pushed the door open.

"About last night.." Sakura suddenly said.

"I-I really have to go now," Eunbi cuts in, ignoring whatever she was about to say.

"Okay, then. See you later, Eunbi," Sakura said, with a faint smile.



**


Eunbi came too early to the campus that morning.

She didn't even have a class that day, but she came early just to be away from Sakura. She sat alone in the library, as her conversation with Sakura the night before played on her mind.

"Does it mean that she remembered it?" she mumbled to herself.

"No, I don't think so," she said, shaking her head.

"If she remembers, she won't be asking me about the old house. But why-

She buried her face in her palms.

"This is ridiculous."

"Wow, you're talking to yourself? Has the time travel research driven you nuts?" a voice suddenly asked.

Eunbi was startled; she almost fell off her chair.

Then, she saw a girl standing by her door with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Yujin! Don’t do that, you’re scaring me!" she shouted.

The younger girl put a finger on her lips, “Unnie, we’re in the library. You’re too loud.”

Eunbi bit her lip and sighed, “Ugh, I hate you.”

Yujin smiled and pulled a chair opposite hers, "I bet you’ll say you love me when I show you this.”

Eunbi raised her eyebrow, "Show me what?"

"Hey, don't act like you don't know it! You asked me to dig about that crazy lady Jung Sooyeon for your research!"

Eunbi's eyes widen upon hearing that name, "Y-You found out about her?"

Yujin smiled widely, showing almost all her teeth.

"I even know where she lives."

Eunbi gulped.

"Where does she live? Is it far?"

"About an hour drive from here."

Eunbi immediately stood up and grabbed her jacket and handbag.

"Give me the address."

"You're going to meet her now?" Yujin asked, shocked.

Eunbi nodded.

"Great! Then I'm going with you!"

"What? No. Just give me the address."

Yujin shook her head, "No way. If you want it, you have to take me with you."



**


An hour later, they arrived in front of a house. It was located in away from the city, the house is spacious, with a yard. It’s almost like a bungalow.

Eunbi and Yujin looked at each other.

"What are you going to ask her?" Yujin asked, worried.

"Well, some stuff."

"What stuff? Don't tell me you didn't prepare questions for this interview."

Eunbi ignored her and sighed, "Okay, here we go."

She pressed the bell.


**


Jung Sooyeon was nothing like the sisters expected her to be.

She was a young woman maybe in her early 30s or late 20s. She looks too classy for someone who was claimed as mentally unwell, all dressed up in her designer clothes, even though she’s just staying indoors. She has a cold image in a glance, but when she smiles, that image shattered. She prefers to be called Jessica than Sooyeon, so the girls complied with her.

Eunbi and Yujin sat silently on the couch in the living room as Jessica brought a tray filled with tea and biscuits. Eunbi noticed a few photos in frames of Jessica and another girl. The girl was about the same height as her and has a fair complexion.

Is that her best friend?

Eunbi wondered.

"So.." She said as she sat on the sofa opposite them.

"You two said that you're from Seoul University?" She asked.

Eunbi and Yujin nodded in unison.

"What brought you here?"

Eunbi cleared , "Miss Jessica.”

"Yes?" she asked, curious.

"Well, we are-

Eunbi didn’t manage to finish her sentence when Yujin suddenly interrupted.

"Wow... you went to Paris before! Do you like traveling?" Yujin suddenly exclaimed, pointing at a photo on the table.

It was a photo of two girls posing in front of the Eiffel Tower. One of them was Jessica.

Jessica smiled and nodded, "Yes. But that's from a long time ago."

"It was Tiffany who likes to travel," she added.

Eunbi looked at her, "Is Tiffany your… best friend?"

Jessica stared at her for a while before letting out a small laugh.

"Best friends? We're not best friends. My parents insist on using that when they were interviewed by the media. Tifffany and I were more than that..."

"We were lovers," she added.

Eunbi nodded, "Oh… I mean, oh that's completely fine by me."

"Yeah, Yujin here is part of the rainbow community too," she said, pointing at Yujin.

Yujin smiled and laugh awkwardly, "Hahaha yes..."

But, it only doubled the awkwardness.

Jessica smirked and crossed her legs,

"Why exactly did you two come here? Don't tell me you wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter