Her Final Wish

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9 – Her Final Wish



Year 2022

 

Sakura can’t forget the words that Yujin said to her earlier that day.

 

“Why are you… cheating on her?”

 

Yes, why?

Sakura, why?

 

She walked into the house she shared with Eunbi after sending her to work. It’s just them in the house since Chaewon went to college.

She wanted to change before heading out to the interview at noon. Her thoughts were messy as she was ing her shirt. Yujin really got into her head.

I love Eunbi.

I love her so much.

She loved her so much that she was willing to stay behind in Korea when her family had to move back to Japan because of her father’s work. Nako also transferred to a school in Tokyo, leaving Sakura alone.

Though she got a job offer in Tokyo, she turned it down. She can find a job, eventually.

She has Eunbi, and that’s more than enough. She has plans to settle down with her.

But why did I-

Suddenly a pair of hands slides around her waist. Sakura knows who it was all too well. She has no idea when she entered the house, the woman is always so stealthy; sneaking around must be her talent.

“Good morning, Sakuchan,” a voice whispered by her ear.

“Hyewon,” Sakura replied, short.

Hyewon tightened her arms around Sakura and pressed her body on her. She nuzzled her nose on her neck and peppering it with kisses.

Sakura sighed and turned around, “What are you doing? I need to change.”

The raven haired woman smirked and pushed her towards the bed. Sakura gasped as Hyewon was climbing on top of her; the bed that she shared with Eunbi. She still remembered the day they went shopping for the bed. They picked it together. Eunbi really liked the design.

“What do you think I’m doing? I’m helping you change,” Hyewon said with a chuckle.

This is all so wrong..

This is so wrong!

Sakura grabbed Hyewon’s wrist, stopping her from ing the last button on her shirt.

“Hyewon, wait I need to talk to you. We need to talk.”

Hyewon grunted, “Talk about what? We don’t have much time for this.”

“It’s about Eunbi.”

Hyewon looked at her blankly and she gulped a little, “W-What about her? She’s at work now.”

Sakura pulled herself away from Hyewon and sat on the bed. Hyewon seemed calmer as she followed suit. They both looked at each other for a while.

“Hyewon, we can’t do this to Eun. I can’t do this anymore. She doesn’t deserve this,” Sakura said.

Hyewon sighed, “We’re just having some fun, Sakuchan. Where’s the harm in that?”

Sakura gasped, “Fun? This is cheating! I can’t do this to her anymore! I love her!”

“Yes, you can love her all you want. We’re just hooking up without feelings, it’s not like I’m asking you to leave her and date me! It’s harmless!”

The Japanese girl looked at her incredulously, “Harmless?? You call this harmless??”

“Don’t look at me like that, Sakura. This thing is not one sided since the start and you know it.”

“I was drunk that night!” Sakura retorted.

Hyewon shrugged, “You’re not drunk the second time, though. Or the third, or the fourth.”

Sakura scoffed, “Fine, I am a jerk, alright. Let’s just end this!”

Hyewon looked away and nodded, “Okay.”

Sakura was surprised at how calm she was with it. Hyewon is unpredictable. She didn’t buy that easily. It can’t be that easy.

The other girl suddenly moved closer to her. She froze when Hyewon put her hand on her chest and pushed her down again.

“Hey what-

Sakura didn’t manage to continue when Hyewon put a finger on her lips.

“But before we say goodbye, let’s have it one last time,” she said.

Sakura was pinned down. She was still in shock when Hyewon took off her shirt and bra.

Suddenly the bedroom door bursts open. They both turned to look at the now opened door.

Someone was standing there.

Eunbi.

Her face was pale, as if all the blood had been drained from her. She looked at the two closest people in her life who was doing things on her bed. Her best friend, on top of her half- girlfriend.

It’s not that hard to connect the dots. But it’s hard to swallow this.

It’s too hard.

“S-Sakura why...” she said, her voice shaken.

“Eun…”

She shook her head as tears were rolling down her cheeks. She turned around and ran out of the room as fast as she could. She can’t stand seeing them even for another second.

“EUNBI WAIT!!” she heard Sakura shouted her name.

But she can’t stop. She won’t stop.

 

How could Sakura do this to me? How??

She said she loves me; was it a lie??

 

She rushed out of the door towards the driveway. She didn’t know where she got the strength to run but emotions got the best of her. Even when her shoulders were heaving from crying too much, she’s not going to stop.

“EUN I CAN EXPLAIN!!” Sakura shouted as she was following her from behind.

 

I love you, Sakura.

Was my love not enough for you?

Is that why you’re looking for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter