The Day a Life Was Lost

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

The Day a Life Was Lost

 

Suddenly, Yujin saw a black car coming towards the road, exactly where Eunbi was running to.

"UNNIE!! WATCH OUT!!" she shouted with all her might.

Eunbi stopped and turned to look at her, puzzled. Still, she didn't notice the car that was coming towards her with no sign of slowing down.

Angel Chaewon closed her eyes and looked down,

"This is it. It's fate."

Out of nowhere, a pair of hands grabbed Eunbi's waist and quickly pulled her aside. They both fell on the road, but in each other's embrace.

The car sped away, after missing Eunbi by only an inch.

The angel opened her eyes.

She couldn't believe it.

Eunbi was still alive.



**


Eunbi held tight to the stranger’s body in front of her and she was panting. Her heart was pounding so hard as if it was going to jump out of her chest. She didn’t know what else to do but to held tight to her savior’s body like she was hanging on for her dear life.

Everything was happening too fast. She was still in shock over the whole situation; her whole body was shaking.

"UNNIE!! ARE YOU OKAY?!" Yujin shouted as she ran to her side.

Yujin’s voice made Eunbi slowly regain her consciousness. She looked up and finally saw the face of the person who just saved her life.

Their eyes met.

She gulped, "Sakura??"

Sakura was also breathing heavily as she looked at Eunbi.

"Don’t…" she muttered, as tears were rolling down her face.


"Don’t die again, Eun..”


Eunbi's eyes widened in surprise upon hearing the way she called her name. The new Sakura had never called her 'Eun'. But now she’s calling her that way again, with the same tone she used three years ago.

Again?

"Sakura-

Eunbi never managed to finish her sentence when Sakura suddenly fainted in her arms.

“S-Sakura! Are you okay?!” Eunbi asked, panicked.

“Sakura unnie!” Yujin exclaimed.

“Let’s take her to the hospital!” said another voice.

They looked to their side and saw Hyewon.

“Hyewon, what are you doing here?!” Eunbi asked, shocked.

“I’ll explain it all later. Now, let’s get Sakura to the hospital.”



**



"Unnie, how did you know we were there?" Yujin asked to her sister as they were waiting in Sakura's room in the hospital.

Hyewon used her connections and easily got her a VIP room. Sakura was still lying on the bed, unconscious while Eunbi was sitting on a chair by her side.

Hyewon looked at her sister.

"Sakura called me earlier this morning and… she was panicking over the phone, shouting and crying to me, asking me where Eunbi is.”

“She was panicking? Why?” Yujin asked, curious.

Hyewon shrugged, “I don’t know, she was acting really weird. She said that she must meet Eunbi no matter what, and that she need to be by her side. She tried calling Eun but she didn’t pick up her phone. I tried calling her and you, but failed.”

Yujin blinked, “But we got our phones with us, and they’re working fine.”

“I don’t know why the calls didn’t get through. Anyway, after that I asked Wonyoung about you, and she was the one who told me that you two came to that house for a special research. I picked her up and we came there as soon as we could,” Hyewon said with a sigh.

“What kind of research project are you working on with my best friend, huh? Why didn’t you tell me about it?” she asked to her sister.

Yujin gulped, “Well, just some stuff. And you seem really busy with your fiancé too-

Hyewon glared at her sister, causing her to shut up. She stood up and walked to Eunbi.

“Hey Eun…”

Eunbi looked at her, “Hmm?”

Hyewon cleared , "You should've told Sakura where you went; I mean why did you make her worry like that? She was so worried about you; you know?"

They looked at each other awkwardly.

"She was still asleep when I left. I couldn't wake her up," Eunbi replied after a while.

Hyewon looked away with a sigh, “She really cares about you. I did the right thing by letting her go.”

Both Eunbi and Yujin looked at Hyewon, shocked.

“We broke up last night,” Hyewon said, avoiding their eyes.

She continued, “But it was no big deal; I mean you two are so into each other that even a blind person could tell. Why should I get in between?”

Hyewon turned and braved herself to look at her best friend.

"Eun, she charged forward in the middle of the road when that car almost hit you. She was determined to save your life, without caring about her own safety."

Tears were b in Eunbi’s eyes.

And then Hyewon added,


"It was like she was ready to die for you."




**


 

That evening, Eunbi stayed back at the hospital. The sisters had both gone back but she insisted to stay.

She tried to stay awake but her mind and body was exhausted from the long day. And soon she fell asleep by her side. Her head was on Sakura’s arm and her hand was holding tight to hers.

A few minutes after Eunbi drifted to sleep, Sakura slowly opened her eyes. She looked around her and realized that she was in the hospital. And then she saw Eunbi sleeping on her arm. She smiled.

She raised her free hand and gently caressed Eunbi's face.

"Eun...” she whispered.

“...I remember everything."

She studied the sleeping girl’s face intently, as if it was her first time seeing her in years. Her eyes were filled with emotions as she touched the tip of her nose with her finger, and soon it landed on the sleeping girl’s lips.

Sakura swallowed.

She leaned closer and closer to her face until their noses were touching, and until she could feel her breath.

Suddenly, something hits her and she pulled back. She sat up straight on her bed and looked at Eunbi with tears in her eyes.

“I can’t… not again.”

She quickly climbed off the bed and begin pacing hopelessly around the room. She was walking back and forth and finally she stood by the window. She turned to look at Eunbi from a distance.

"Eun, why are you still with me?" she said.

"Even after I undo everything with that wish, why you still fell in love with me? I've clearly warned you not to-

She bit her lip and wiped the tear on her left cheek.

"And why... am I remembering all this? I'm not supposed to remember any of this."

"No, you're not supposed to," a voice suddenly said.

Sakura looked at the direction of the voice. Slowly, a figure of a woman emerged from the corner of the room.

"You… Angel Yena," sakura said, surprised.

“Hello Sakura,” Yena said.

Sakura shook her head, "I don't understand why this is happening.”

“You said that I won’t be able to remember or feel anything for Eun again. But why am I still having these feelings for her? Why am I still deeply in love with her after making that wish? You said we’re not meant to be-

Yena kept silent.

"Please tell me why I have this feeling that's tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter