The Price

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

The Price



"About the thing you asked me to promise you yesterday, I'm sorry but-

“I can't promise you that." Sakura said, almost whispering.

Eunbi gasped and froze while Sakura continued to lean her head on her back and tightened her arms around her waist. Everything feels like a dream. She took off her yellow rubber gloves and put it by the sink.

Slowly, she held Sakura's hand that was around her waist and turned around.

They looked at each other, waiting for one of them to break the silence.

Sakura bit her lip, "I know this is wrong.”

"But I can't fight these feelings that I have for you, the one that's getting stronger every time I look at you."

"My heart beats uncontrollably when you're around, and I don't even know why. Even Hyewon never made me feel this way..."

Eunbi gulped.

Sakura stared deeply into Eunbi's eyes,

"Eunbi... who are you?"

"And what have you done to me?" she asked, almost pleading.

They both looked at each other.

"Sakura..."

Eunbi stuttered, "Actually, I-I am...

Suddenly, the bell rings.

Someone was at the door.

But they continued to look at each other with no words spoken.

And the bell rang again.

"I have to get the door," Eunbi said, slowly letting go of her grip on Sakura's hands.

Sakura nodded and looked away.

Eunbi hurriedly when to the door to open it, and she was greeted by a familiar face.

"Hi Eun!" Hyewon greeted cheerfully.

Eunbi gulped, "Oh, Hyewon you came?"

"Is Sakura sleeping yet?" she asked as she casually entered the apartment.

Eunbi was still shocked, "Uhh... no-not yet."

"Sakura!!" she exclaimed as soon as she saw Sakura emerged from the kitchen.

Sakura's eyes widened, shocked. "H-Hyewon..."

She didn't manage to finish her sentence when Hyewon immediately wrapped her arms around her shoulders and hugged her tightly. Sakura was too shocked to react, she ended up standing stiff in her embrace.

"Hey, did you miss me?" Hyewon asked.

"We did meet earlier, didn't we?" Sakura replied reluctantly.

Hyewon broke the hug and glared at her, "Sounds like you didn't miss me that much."

"Don't tell me you're cheating on me with Eunbi!" she said, glancing at Eunbi.

Eunbi and Sakura looked at each other, awkwardly.

"Do-Don't be ridiculous!" Eunbi said, serious.

Suddenly, Hyewon let out a small laugh.

"I'm just kidding. I trust you," Hyewon said, glancing at Eunbi, but the latter was avoiding her gaze.

"Anyway, Sakura, I'm sorry that I left early today. So to make it up to you…" Hyewon took out a pair of tickets and showed it to Sakura.

"Movies?" Sakura asked, uninterested.

"Yes! Late night screening! We can just cuddle and make out in the theater!"

Sakura looked hesitant and glanced at Eunbi, as if she was asking for her permission. Their eyes met.

Eunbi bit her lip and sighed.

"You should go," she said, weak.

Sakura nodded, "I'll go get my jacket."

The two of them were left in the living room as Sakura went into her room to get her things.

Hyewon looked at Eunbi, "You can lock the door tonight."

"It's okay, I'll wait till you send Sakura home," Eunbi replied.

Hyewon smirked, "We're not going home tonight, if you know what I mean."

Eunbi froze.

She felt like her heart was being torn and ripped into pieces.

"Let's go," Sakura said when she emerged from the room, with her dark blue jacket and a pink purse in one hand.

Hyewon took her hand and lead her to the door, but Sakura's eyes were still on Eunbi as she walked.

"I'll be home soon," Sakura said.

Eunbi looked away, avoiding her gaze.

"I don't care. Just go. I want to sleep," she muttered.

But Sakura saw her face.

And the tears in her eyes.




**



Eunbi lied.

She didn't go straight to bed that night.

She sat in her living room, finishing a bottle of wine that she got as a birthday gift last year.

There were crumples of used tissues on the floor. She had used up all the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter