ACT 7

A LOVELY DISASTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I hate Tiffany Hwang.

 

We’ve been doing this scene for eight takes now, and she’s still not nailing it. I mean, fine, I’m not a one-take guy myself, but she would have done this easily if she didn’t come on set with a hangover.

 

It’s an emotionally charged scene too, which means I’ve been giving her an emotional frown with glassy eyes for almost an hour now. My mind is in hyperdrive and my head is aching. What’s worse is that I have a costume fitting for the fight scenes after this.

 

That’s just as exhausting too.

 

We’re now preparing for our ninth take, and I’m avoiding Tiffany. Then a wave of hand caught my attention. Youngbae.

 

Normally, seeing my best friend is just cool, and I needed his energy for this day’s up but he’s one of the reasons of my headaches too.

 

He won’t stop asking about Dara.

 

I’m a busy guy and I even have our group chat on mute, because I want to do my best in this movie. I have no time asking Dara to meet my best friend or something.

 

“How are you feeling, GD?” Director Joongho asked me. I didn’t even notice he was there, because he was just talking to the filming crew.

 

“To be honest, sir, I’m already feeling a bout of headache. I don’t think Tiffany is in good shape to finish the scene.” I’ve always been honest with the people I work with, too honest sometimes.

 

“We think so too. You have schedule after this, right?”

 

Soonho magically appeared beside us, like he knew I needed him. “The wardrobe assistant just arrived five minutes ago. She’s on Trailer six.”

 

Trailer six is where all our costumes are housed. I’m not really supposed to be wearing anything specific for the movie, unlike when I played the role of Admiral Yi, but I need to be fitted with clothes where I can move freely during the fight scenes.

 

“You can go there now, GD. I’ll have to talk to Tiffany first. She needs to straighten up or she’s going to be replaced.”

 

Director Joongho walked away with a frustrated sigh, as Soonhoo handed me an energy drink. Since we’re going to re-take the scenes, I need to turnover what I’m wearing to the wardrobe team. 

 

We’re on our way to Trailer six when Youngbae joined us. “Bad day?”

 

“Yep.” I answered, feeling a little guilty for being an to my friend.

 

“Tiffany looked bad.” He added, while looking over where Tiffany is huddled with her manager, our director and producers.

 

“Went to the set with a massive hangover, and we just wasted second half of the day.” 

 

“Any plans after this?” Youngbae sounded too excited.

 

I shook my head. “I just need to do some fittings and I’m out. See you later, Bae.”

 

I ended our chat as Soonho opened the trailer for me.

 

The cool air inside the room had me breathing deeply. Geeun and her team already are on their feet, helping me out of my clothes. I looked around trying to spot the wardrobe lady but all I saw was a leggy brunette dancing in a corner, as if she’s not supposed to be here but on a party.

 

When she turned, I almost gasped. She’s a killer. Beautiful smile, intense eyes, luscious lips. I was about to ask Geeun who the girl is when Soonho approached her. “Are you the wardrobe assistant?”

 

The girl was surprised, and she immediately removed her ear pods. Her blush only made her more beautiful and I wish she really is the one who'll fit me-

 

“That’s me. I'm actually a stylist, but I'm working here for wardrobe because of my friend. I’m Kiko.” She extended her hand to Soonho with a ing bright smile.

 

A stylist. Not really a celebrity, but private enough for me to fool around with.

 

Wait, what the am I thinking?

 

Soonho pointed to me. “Are you ok to do the fitting now or do you need a minute?” 

 

“I’m good.” I answered eagerly. 

 

Kiko’s eyes met me just when I took my shirt off. The air suddenly felt warm around me. , she’s smiling like she likes what she’s seeing.

 

I’m close to having a , when I felt a tissue being wiped on my face. “Is it too hot outside?”

 

Geeun knows.

 

I smiled sheepishly and wore another shirt before approaching Kiko.

 

Soonho started to talk. “This is---”

 

“Everyone knows GD Kwon.” Kiko said while giving me her wide smile.

 

Ah hell, this day isn’t too bad after all.

 

--------

 

“You look different.” Youngbae greeted us while he leans over my Bentley.

 

“You’d feel good too if a pretty g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter