ACT 10

A LOVELY DISASTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Soonho came rushing to me the next day with his frown deeper than ever. His hands clutch tightly over his phone and I somehow knew what this is about.

 

“Before you say anything else, yes, I was with Choi Seunghyun last night. Lee Seungri took the photo. They were at Leo’s and I happen to drop by. End of story.”

 

The guy clearly understood what I was saying, but he was still scowling. 

 

“And you didn’t tell me about it?”

 

. I was really about to tell him all that last night but Lisa kept bugging me about my decision to suddenly show up just as she suggested.

 

I blamed it on curiosity, and it was all really just that.

 

“I was about to tell you last night, but I fell asleep right away.”

 

Soonho crossed his arms over his chest as he continued to huff in disbelief.

 

“I don’t really mind if you want to go out, Jiyong. But this caught me off guard. Do you know who called me this morning to ask about your whereabouts last night? ing Kim Heesun!”

 

. Heesun barely pays me attention because I normally keep a straight line when it comes to my public affairs. She’s been the shark behind the PR duties of our agency and the only time she personally called Soonho was during my relationship with Taeyeon. She easily caught up with our secret relationship, and she’s worried that this may become an issue that would damage my career. 

 

When she found out about our engagement, I was called to her office and we sat in awkward silence for an hour. She wasn’t saying anything, but she kept on glaring and huffing in front of me, as if she’s trying to figure out what to do with the matter. And we haven’t even been public at that time.

 

The only reason why she loosened up and let me go was when my mother had to use her influence to persuade her.

 

“What did she say?”

 

Soonho looked at me like I was a fool. “She’s expecting you at 4 o’clock this afternoon.”

 

Damn. I haven’t done anything wrong and yet, I feel like I’m about to be scold heavily.

 

--------

 

“How are you, GD?”

 

Heesun welcomed me brightly, much to my confusion. I thought I was about to be reprimanded, but she seems to be in good spirit.

 

“Still filming til the end of the month. Waiting for the next project.”

 

She smirked at my reply, and now I’m starting to fidget. There’s something suspicious about this meeting.

 

“There will be more endorsements in the coming days, as I’ve heard, so you’ll be kept busy soon.” Heesun was still smiling at me, and now my palms are sweating.

 

“Anything you want to talk to me about?” I went for the kill.

 

“You’ve been busy, GD. People are talking about you.” She started.

 

“About last night, I was just visiting Lisa. I didn’t know it was Choi Seunghyun’s party. They were just being nice so they invited me. The photo is just all for a good time.” I didn’t know why I was explaining this like a delinquent student caught doing something wrong outside campus.

 

“Seungri was just here to explain everything. No need to say much about it.” Heesun replied curtly. Now I have no idea what this meeting is about.

 

As if she sensed my confusion, Heesun stood and rounded up her desk to sit on the chair in front of me, her infamous “one-on-one” move that everyone in the agency knows about.

 

Serious business.

 

“Your popularity rose among TV and movie actors this month, GD. The brand reputation report was sent to my office last night while you were partying with Choi Seunghyun, your rival. You’re number one on the list. Do you know what that means?”

 

Something heavy settled in my stomach. Why do I feel like a helpless kid in front of her, when I can easily share a joke with the company CEO?

 

“You tell me.” Somehow, the words came out of me with a little bit of harshness. That did not escape her attention, but she smiled at it. Like she welcomes the challenge.

 

“That means people are talking about you online, both the good and the bad. Now, we can chalk it up to your Best Actor win, but did you know what the report showed me in detail? The number of times you’ve been discussed online were actually during your recent outings.”

 

Heesun stood up to get her iPad and went back to her seat. She’s swiping on her screen up and down until she showed me a chart.

 

“Your little post with Pyo Jihoon on Instagram, the charity game with your family and your win as Best Actor are all the rage online, but the icing on the cake? It’s your photo with Dara Park after winning your award.”

 

A certain warmth spread on my chest, and soon enough, I can feel my face heating up too. I knew people talked about the “hug” between me and Dara, but I didn’t give it much thought.

 

“I heard that you invited the cast of Hello to your mother’s birthday dinner.” Heesun pointed to my selfie with Jihoon. “You were also pictured with Byungjae and Dara during the charity game.” She then showed the said photos on the chart. “Your win as Best Actor and that ‘hug’ happened with Dara Park again.”

 

She put down her iPad and faced me with a gloating smile. “And I’ve heard from Seungri that it was Dara who organized Choi Seunghyun’s party last night. You seem to be getting close to each other recently. Too much coincidences, don’t you think?”

 

There’s an accusing tone in her voice and the way she talks about Dara is making me furious. 

 

“I’m friends with Dara, just like I’m friends with Seungri, Byungjae, Jihoon, Chaerin and Hyoni. I’ve also met Bom, Seunghyun and Honey through her. I didn’t know that making friends is something worth discussing, Heesun.”

 

She leaned back on her seat and tapped her nails on her desk, assessing my reaction. “Just friends, huh? Nothing more?”

 

“Just friends.” My voice sounded gravelly as I try to tamp down the lump in my throat.

 

She stared at me closely for a while before finally standing up and going back behind her desk. “If that’s what you say, GD Kwon.”

 

“I’m telling the truth. And if people are talking about us,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter