ACT 6

A LOVELY DISASTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“We’re here.”

 

Soonho tapped my shoulder as the car came to a stop. I was exhausted the entire day for a last minute physical training, last minute stunt choreography lessons and almost two hours of prep time at the salon.

 

I haven’t been in front of the camera for two weeks, so they have to clear my skin and scrub my face like I’m a scaled fish.

 

It’s funny how I spent more than an hour for hair and makeup, and I’m a guy. All that time just to groom my eyebrows, the scruff that I haven’t tidily shaved on my face, and applying tons of foundation on my skin.

 

It’s all subtle and I don’t look like a rice cake rolled in sweet flour or whatever it’s called, but they really need to pile up the lather to make my skin camera-ready, UV lights and all.

 

All part of the business.

 

The outfit I was wearing was picked up by my stylist, and I almost glared at her when she suggested I wear that ridiculous shirt embroidered with a golden dragon. The clothes were sent by Louis Vuitton, and my stylist sure is in charge with how I should dress up, but I have long established a boundary on what I like.

 

I want clean and casual, plus, I’m only going to be there for a while so I don’t need the flashy outfit. I settled on a deep red shirt with the brand’s logo printed in black on my shoulders. I paired it with black fitted jeans.Simple but effective. That’s how I want to be.

 

I finished the bottle of water I carried with me from the salon. I’ve already downed another bottle of energy drink before that. I need to be hydrated if I’m going to have my lips locked on a grin or a smile in front of the crowd. Appearances like this is actually more daunting for me than just a simple day on the set. 

 

Or maybe that’s just my personality.

 

As soon as Soonho steps out of the car, I feel my eyes being blinded by the flashes of camera. Showtime.

 

--------

 

I’m ushered, although it feels more like being tossed around, to meet important people. We exchange pleasantries, and I tug Soonho. “I need to pee.”

 

He nods his head and looks around easily for the restrooms.

 

Taking all those liquid before getting here is a part of my tactic to get away from the crowd with a solid excuse too.

 

I feel Soonhos’s hand on my shoulder and I follow him. I stayed inside the restroom a little longer than the usual and combed my hair with my hand. 

 

I’ll get something to eat after this and grab another champagne and leave. That should be fine.

 

But all those plans faded away when I stepped back to the party and saw Dara waving at me. She’s standing beside Soonho who had a smug grin on his face.

 

How did I forget about hanging out with her?

 

I took my time walking towards them to take in what she’s wearing. It’s a simple long sleeved dress that fits her perfectly. The skirt ends just a hairline above her cute knees and on her feet are a y pair of black heels my sister would die for.

 

Her hair is braided and hangs on her right shoulder as tendrils of hair surround her face, like she just walked in front of a huge industrial fan. I’m not sure if she has some makeup on, but her skin is glowing. She looks just as wholesome as I expected, until she turned her back to me.

 

All I see is the expanse of her skin. Where’s the fabric that’s supposed to cover her back? The cut of her dress scoops low, revealing her milky white skin. As I get closer, I realize there’s a single gold chain holding two ends of the collar of her dress.

 

I’m sure this was supposed to be a seductive piece of dress for some other women, but it actually looks classy on her. Dara holds her head back as she laughs at whatever Soonho told her and her braided hair fell on her back. That’s better. At least people won’t stare too long on her flawless skin.

 

Before I even got to take a deep breath, she’s already facing me. Her smile is so friendly, like she’s living in the happiest place on earth. Not Disney though, but some place else where magic is real and everyone gets a happily ever after.

 

What the hell am I thinking now?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter