ACT 1

A LOVELY DISASTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

GD Kwon beamed as he stepped out of his Rolls Royce.

 

Flashes of light and shouts of people embraced his presence, and he couldn't help but smile.

 

As the child of the great actress, Jung Hyeyoung and legendary soccer player Kwon Seunghwan, his life has always been in the limelight.

 

This is not his first time attending the Blue Dragon Film Awards. Last year, he attended the event as his mother was awarded Best Supporting Actress. She's still at it even at her age and that pushed him to continue improving his craft despite the setback he received last year.

 

His failed engagement ate his passion for acting, resulting to the worst decision he's ever made. A movie called Hello.

 

A movie dubbed as the worst in 2018.

 

Just the mere thought of it makes him flinch. He really can't remember why he did the movie. He's been doing action thrillers before he decided to do a romantic comedy.

 

As soon as the movie was released, the joke's on him. People bashed his forced act to look cute and funny. It's a cringe fest that he actually took sleeping pills a month after the movie was released.

 

But that's all in the past now. As soon as a young director approached him to feature in a period film, he easily agreed. He took fighting lessons and studied history to fit his role.

 

Ha Donghon was frowned upon when he pitched his modern take on the historical life of Admiral Yi Sun-sin, but GD took the risk.

 

With his name attached to the movie, many doubted if he will recover from his recent disaster movie. But he surpassed expectations and the movie even got invited for international film festivals. 

 

And now, he's the frontrunner to win the Best Actor award.

 

The walk to the venue while talking to the media and posing for photos had him walking on the clouds.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter