ACT 14

A LOVELY DISASTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s been a week since I last saw Dara, but things have been different between us.

 

We exchange messages outside of our group chat now. We’re...being friendly? I’m not really sure anymore. All I know is that I worry every time it takes her a while to reply to my messages and I smile whenever I see her name on my phone.

 

She’s wrapping up the last few shoots for her drama, and that means she’ll have more time to go out. I’m not sure what I want to do about this situation, because the movie I am doing right now is being riddled with issues. 

 

Tiffany is still acting up, which means our scheduled shoots are being pushed back. Soonho even directed this issue to the management and they’re planning to talk to the producer of the film if it’s still worth pursuing.

 

I don’t want to walk away from an unfinished project, but at this point, it’s really not up to me anymore.

 

Doing that cameo role in Dara’s drama series have earned some hushed invites for me to do a TV drama.

 

Maybe that’s the reason why Heesun isn’t being a about that ambush cameo, but I’m still wary of her presence and constant nagging.

 

It’s my free day today, and even if I wanted to see Lisa, I know she’ll just ask me about Dara again. So I decided to go to the gym.

 

Seunghoon and Youngbae were already lifting weights when I got there but it was Seungri who surprised me. I know he’s been hanging out with my friends lately, but I didn’t realize he’s already part of our group.

 

“Hey, Mr. Bigbang!”

 

He has been teasing me about the cameo, since he thought I wouldn’t do it. There’s also some part of me that hates his guts recently, especially when he insists on being very close to Dara.

 

I know he said he likes her before, but he actually talks and keeps himself casual around her. I sometimes wonder if he’s just ting me.

 

“Shut up.” I started to do some warm up while Hoon assisted me. He’s been helping me tone my arms and thighs as it would look good on my running scenes in the movie I’m not sure I would still be doing anymore.

 

Youngbae laughed from his position at the bench. I was actually surprised how quickly he moved on from our little spat about Dara. I’ve been seeing him less these days, and it probably has something to do with the house hunting he’s been busy doing. The er is eager to move out of my place now.

 

“I heard you and Dara Park are pretty close already, hyung.” Hoon said as he stood beside me, holding out a set of weights for me to lift.

 

“Didn’t know you’re the gossip type, Hoon.” I grunted as I started my routine.

 

“Well, that’s on you. I’ve always been gossipy. So Dara, does she need any help with her abs?” I know he’s just teasing. Seunghoon is deftly afraid of his girlfriend.

 

“I have no idea. You’re asking the wrong guy. Why don’t you ask her best friend?” I aimed my head to Seungri who was chuckling like a kid along with Youngbae.

 

Dara’s fanboys are getting out of hand.

 

“I’m not her best friend, but I do hope to be her b-friend one day.” He winked at me while my own best friend guffawed with him.

 

Bastards. Dumb pricks.

 

Why am I being so worked up anyway?

 

I ignored their sneers for the rest of my session and it was around the same time Soonho walked in.

 

“DK’s game, Jiyong. Let’s go.” His reminder is much needed, as I almost forgot about my brother’s soccer match. It’s their last game going into the playoffs, and we were going to be there in full support.

 

“Give him my good luck, Ji!” Youngbae said as he clapped a hand on my back. He was supposed to be with me today, but he got a last minute appointment with his realtor.

 

He was really serious about his house hunting.

 

“Hey, GD. Say hi to Dara for me when you see her!” Seungri added. He said it so casually that he was already heading to the showers.

 

I couldn’t help but follow him as questions pop in my head. 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

He turned to me with a smug look on his face. “She didn’t tell you? She’s watching the match with Seunghyun and Lee Minho.”

 

“Lee Minho? The fashion photographer?” He was a fashion photographer who could easily be a model himself.

 

Nerves started to attack my system. Why is Dara watching the game with two handsome guys? It can only mean one thing, right?

 

“Minho is friends with Seunghyun, and Seunghyun and Dara are, you know, really close friends.” He turned his back to me as I find myself worrying for unknown reasons.

 

I may not be able to watch this game the way I intend to.

 

--------

 

My parents, along with Lisa, are with me at the VIP box of the Jamsil Stadium. Other famous names and celebrities were just a few seats from us, but I still haven’t seen the face of the only one I was waiting to see tonight.

 

“Yes!” Lisa’s squeal had me looking down on the match as I see my brother running in the field with his hands in the air.

 

“That’s my boy!” Dad was up on his feet, as well as my mom who is whooping along with Lisa.

 

I’m such a for not minding the game. 

 

But just as I was abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter