ACT 13

A LOVELY DISASTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Byungjae was talking at hyper speed during the break in our movie set as he tells me everything that happened during his cameo shoot.

 

“Dara even brought a food truck on set. I swear, I would’ve stayed longer, but I only have two scenes.”

 

Envy spreads through me as I tried to look casual yet interested with his day. Maybe I should have visited the set too?

 

“So, what was your role?” I asked him. Seungri already ratted his during our workout session the other day. He played Dara’s crush that’s set in the 80’s.

 

“I play as Dara’s grumpy neighbor.” He grinned at me. He really does the grumpy role really well.

 

“Still in the 80’s?” I asked, genuinely interested this time.

 

“Yep.” 

 

We spent the last minute of our break going through our script for the next scene when we heard someone scream from one of the trailer trucks.

 

“Is that Tiffany?” Byungjae asked.

 

One of the movie staff passed us and I caught some of his words. “Is she going to ruin the set again?”

 

“What’s up with her?” I asked no one in particular, and was surprised when someone answered me.

 

“She’s been all over the place, actually.” It was Kiko. My smile is immediate, as I see her leaning on my seat. Now that we’ve settled our scores, I realized she’s just naturally a clingy person. 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Kiko bit her lip, as if trying to mince her words but after she sighed heavily, the words easily came out. “This is the fourth time she came on set smelling like she showered in vodka, and her eyes are just too puffy to film.”

 

I didn’t know that. Was I too oblivious about what’s happening around me?

 

“Here comes our boss.” Byungjae muttered as we see our director shaking his head going to Tiffany’s trailer.

 

“You think they’ll cut the shoot?” I asked, not really wanting to go home earlier. We’ve already rescheduled so much, and we’re almost behind our timeline.

 

A few minutes later, one of the producers approached us and confirmed my theory.

 

“Management is going to discuss this whole Tiffany fiasco. You guys enjoy the rest of the day.”

 

I don’t really know if I can enjoy with the thought of missing another day to be productive.

 

“Hey, GD. Want to grab something to eat?” Byungjae asked, looking a bit hopeful. 

 

I considered his invitation and thought I could just drop by Leo’s to see Lisa. 

 

“Sure. See you in ten?”

 

I was about to call Soonho when I realized Kiko was still with us. “Can I join?”

 

I looked at her and remembered what she said about not having many friends. “Sure.”

 

--------

 

We were already halfway through our food and drinks when Lisa arrived.

 

“I heard you were looking for me?” She asked while giving me a back hug by draping her arms from the back of my neck. She deliberately put her weight on my back as she skipped her feet off the floor. I swear she’s just like a kid sometimes.

 

“Where have you been?” I asked through a strangled breath as she finally released her hold on me.

 

Lisa plopped down on the seat beside me and took a sip of my beer. “I just visited the food truck Gong Yoo sent to Lee Dongwook’s talk show.”

 

“You have food trucks?” I asked, not really aware of this.

 

“I have two.” She grinned at me.

 

“Hi!” I heard Kiko’s voice and I almost forgot I have company.

 

“Oh, this is Kiko. She’s part of the wardrobe team from the movie set. You already know Byungjae.”

 

The guy waved at her while stuffing his mouth with a fish cake.

 

“You’re Kiko Mizuhara, right? You were at the Celine fashion show last month.” Lisa extended a hand to her.

 

“That’s me. Wow. You’re really pretty. Can I take your picture?” Kiko marvelled, and a surge of pride hit me. I always feel happy whenever people praise my mom or Lisa, or every member of my family.

 

“Oh god, I think I look like a sweaty mess.”

 

“Are you kidding? That’s a sweaty mess for you already?” Kiko asked, and I know she got Lisa already.

 

“I like you!” My sister proclaimed.

 

The two took photos, which later on prompted all four of us to take a group shot.

 

“Can I post this?” Kiko asked me. That’s very considerate of her.

 

“Sure. It shouldn’t be an issue.” Because we’re not really doing anything wrong.

 

I hope Heesun won’t get too y with this.

 

--------

 

After much deliberation, I finally came to the conclusion that I’ll send a food truck, a Leo’s food truck, on Dara’s birthday.

 

She’ll be on set that day, which I conveniently found out after Seungri pestered her on our group chat. He’s actually useful when it comes to the right thing.

 

I rented both of Lisa’s food trucks, and we’re already checking up on it before it rolls by to her set. I already told Daesung about it, who I got the number from the very reliable Soonho.

 

“I’m going with the other food truck. Why don’t you join the other one?” Lisa asked, who’s looking particularly too excited about this.

 

Heck, even from the moment I opened the idea to her, she was already jumping in her seat.

 

“I’m not really planning to go there, Lis.” I was only even wearing a simple shirt and tattered jeans.

 

“It will be fun, I pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter