CHAPTER 1

10 일만 내놔 : Give me 10 days

Day 1: Morning

 

[Mina's POV]

 

My face looks puffy. I don't think this dress flatters my face. I took a deep breath and glanced at the pile of clothes stacked on top of my bed.

"How do I look?" I turned around to Jihyo and Sana who are both busy painting each other's nails. Sana looked up and smile.

"Ippeuda, (Pretty) as always." She said while making a finger heart sign. I smiled shyly.

Jihyo also looked up and must have read the worry in my face, "wae geurae? (What's wrong?)"

"Anieyo! Gwaenchana. (Nothing! I'm okay.)" I shook my head.

"Arasseo. If you say so."

*Ding* I opened my phone and checked the message.

B: Why weren't you answering my calls? Is there something wrong?

Yes.

I started typing: I'm just not feeling well. I don't think I can see you in the meantime.

Sent.

I put on my perfume and went out of our room. Chaeyoung must have been waiting for me.

She's not in the living room or kitchen.

"Chaeyoung-a?" I called. I walked and knocked at their bedroom door. "Chaeyoung-a?" I called again.

I turned the knob. It's unlocked.

"Chaeyoung—"

"AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

I immediately closed the door. I can feel my face turning red. Omo. Ottoke.

"What's with all the screaming?" Tzuyu walked towards me from the kitchen, her eyebrow raised. She reached for the door knob but I grabbed her hand. She probably thinks I'm crazy.

"Why? I need to change clothes, I'm supposed to meet Momo and Jeongyeon unnie to watch a movie." I let go of her hand.

She squinted her eyes, "I think you put on too much blush-on. Your cheeks are so red." I covered them with my hands.

Tzuyu entered the room and left the door half-open.

"Daebak! You've been changing clothes for almost an hour. You're still in your underw—"

"SHHHH!!!! Sikkeureowo! (Be quiet!)"

I slowly closed the door, I think I need to drink a glass of water.

 

 

[Chaeyoung's POV]

 

"Aish! Minari saw me . Ottoke?" I muttered.

"So?" Tzuyu doesn't seem to get my dilemma. "We see each other all the time. What's wrong with that?"

"It's different!" I protested.

"Wae? Whatever body part you have, all of us, Mina-unnie and I, also have" Tzuyu counters, "except you're a lot smaller."

I made sure the pillow I threw hit her face.

 

 

[Mina's POV]

 

I finished my second glass of water. What's wrong with you, Mina? I kept asking myself that question since this morning.

The door from the maknae line's room opened. Chaeyoung came out wearing a loose button-up soft-denim top with its sleeves slightly folded to reveal her arms, tucked in a matching with a strawberry pink high wasted shorts that accentuates her new blonde hair more.

She closed the door, brushed her hair with her fingers and smiled at me.

"Are you ready?" she asked as she walked to my direction.

"Where are we going?"

"Are you hungry?" we seem to be answering each other's questions with a question.

"Ah... yes. I haven't eaten yet."

"Kaja! (Let's go!)" She stretched her left arm and reached for my hand.

We grabbed our coats and head towards the door. Chaeyoung paused and turned to me.

"By the way, Mina-chan" our eyes met, "neo jeongmal ippeuda. (You're so pretty)"

Son Chaeyoung, I might be bright red at the end of the day if you keep making me blush like this.

 

 

[Chaeyoung's POV]

 

"Where do we go next?" Mina asked as we walked out of the restaurant.

"Arcade." I smiled. She stopped walking and looked worried.

"Why?"

"Oh. I'm not sure I'd want to go there." She said while staring at a garbage bin near us.

"Wae andwae (Why not?)"

Her eyebrows crossed and her lower lip pouted, "You know I get too competitive when there's games involved, right?"

"That's why we have to go there," I tilted my head trying to be cute. She looked at me with a confused expression.

"You always play your games in single player," I reached out and grabbed one of her hands "but now, I'll be your player 2. We'll play in multiplayer mode. Arraseo?"

She showed her gummy smile. Ippeuda. "Your hands are warm. Joh-ayo. (I like it)"

I grabbed both her hands and rubbed it together to help lessen the cold.

She leaned closer blew out warm air from . I instinctively gulped—then coughed.

"Gwaenchanh-a? (Are you alright?)" She patted my back. This is embarrassing. I'm supposed to be the one making her swoon. Not the other way around.

"Gwaenchanh-a." I nodded, trying to stifle my cough.

We started walking, holding each other's hands. Walking slowly. We're not really in a hurry.

"What's your greatest regret?" she asked randomly. I glanced at her.

That I didn't do this sooner. I thought. "That I didn't sleep much when I was a kid."

She giggled.

"Wae? I could've been 160cm now." I muttered. "How about you? What's your biggest regret?"

She looked up. "That I wasn't born a penguin. Or a swan."

I laughed. I thought I was the ridiculous one.

She turned to me, "Do you know that swans, like penguins, mate for life?"

"Jinjja? Oh, I didn't know that. Daebak!" we turned left on a crossroad. "Which do you prefer more? To be a swan or penguin?" I asked her.

"I've always wanted to be a swan. But being a penguin isn't bad either..."

She looked at me, "Chaeyoung-a"

"Yes, Minari?"

"Which one do you prefer more? Black swan mina or penguin mina?"

I stared back at her.

"Black swan Mina is elegant, graceful, beautiful, y... but somehow, I feel like she's sad." I spoke slowly, "Penguin mina... she walks funny, sometimes stays in bed all day, and awkward in doing aegyeo, but she has the brightest smile that could melt your heart."

I grinned, "I like happy Mina."

"YAH! SON CHAEYOUNG!" I heard a familiar voice. We both turned around and saw someone waving from afar.

She's walking hurriedly towards us.

"Omo... YERI!"