CHAPTER 18

10 일만 내놔 : Give me 10 days

[Chaeyoung’s POV]

 

*click*

It definitely sounds like camera shutters.

*click*

My hands are still in Mina’s cheeks and we’re both frozen from our spot. The loving warmth I felt few seconds ago was suddenly washed down by the chilling terror. Ottoke?

Mina’s looking at me with a familiar expression. Her terror is mirroring mine.

We both have one thought in mind: Ottoke?

Before I even hesitate even further, I did the first thing that came to mind. I pulled her closer to me, burying her face on my shoulder. I immediately took off the scarf and covered her face with it.

“Chae—” I placed my hand at the back of her head, not letting her expose her face.

“Gwenchanha, gwenchanha, gwenchanha.” I said to her, and to myself. I scanned the surrounding.

There. I saw figures wearing thick jackets hurrying back to the direction of the restaurant.

“YAH!” I yelled at them.

I looked back at Mina. “Yeogiseo gidalyeo. Arraseo?” (Wait here, okay?)

She looks a little bit rattled but was able to nod. I put on the jacket’s hoodie and ran towards the two.

“YA! Dangjang meomchwo!” (Hey! Stop right there!) They slowed down but still kept on walking. My heart is pounding right out of my chest. They’re both taller than me, but then a lot of people are. I gathered all my courage and grabbed both their shoulders.

“Umjig-ijima!” (Don’t move!) They both turned instantly.

 

 

[Mina’s POV]

 

Chaeyoung is walking back to me with the two people she chased after. I couldn’t read her expression. Who are these people? Are they Onces? Are they saesangs? Are they from Dispatch? My thoughts are swirling around my head.

When they got nearer, I was able to see them better.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

Nayeon immediately hugged me. “Mianhe, Minari!!!”

Jeongyeon scratched her head. “We’re sorry, we just went out to talk and we didn’t know you’re here…”

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes on Jeongyeon, “You all knew I’m meeting her outside.”

Jeongyeon immediately bowed repeatedly, “Jeosonghamnida!” (I’m sorry!)

This two are ridiculous. I can’t be mad at them.

“You really scared us.” Chaeyoung has her eyebrows crossed. I guess she’s angry. More than I expected.

Then I remembered that incident. The one where someone leaked a photo of her wearing a bikini top and shorts.

Nayeon’s hug loosened. “Mianhe. We really just went out to talk but then we saw you two. We tried to eavesdrop a little. You both look so cute.”

She ran her fingers to the scarf I gave to Chaeyoung, which was now wrapped around my neck. “Then when you gave her this scarf. Waa. Jinjja daebak. You’re like straight from drama. I’m still getting goosebumps.”

“It’s probably just because of the weather,” Chaeyoung muttered.

Hajimaaaa. Stop being so grumpy.” Nayeon tried doing aegyeo to appease Chaeyoung. She’s not impressed.

I’m a little relieved but my chest still feels heavy.

Gwenchanha, Mina. It’s nothing.

*click*

My eyes widened and I immediately looked around. I don’t see anything.

Jeongyeon is staring at me.

“Did you hear anything?” I asked her.

“You mean them?” she pointed at Nayeon and Chaeyoung still bickering.

I shook my head. “Like a shutter sound.”

She didn’t respond but instead walked closer to me. She put an arm around my shoulder.

Gwenchanha, Minari?” Jeongyeon looks concerned.

“Nan gwenchanha (I’m fine)” I nodded and showed a weak smile. I’m imagining things again. I tried taking deep breaths. I still feel anxious but I’m trying my best to manage it.

“Arraseo. Let’s all head back inside. It’s really cold out here.”

We all agreed and Chaeyoung walked towards me. “Mianhe, Minari.”

I removed the scarf from my neck and wrapped it around Chaeyoung.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s okay.” She offered her hand to me and I took it.

We walked hand in hand, in front of us is Nayeon clinging her arms around Jeongyeon’s arm.

*Click*

I shook my head.

Stop imagining things.

Then I felt Chaeyoung squeezed my hand. She smiled at me and somehow my wild and loud heartbeat slowed down a little.

 

 

[Chaeyoung’s POV]

 

“Tzuyu-ah, can you make the airconditioner colder?” we’re all back in our dorm and Tzuyu’s bed is nearest to the wall mounted AC remote control.

“I don’t want to.” Tzuyu looked at me with a deadpan expression. “Just ask Elsa to turn this room into ice.”

Dahyun bursts out a loud sarcastic laughter. “Very. Funny.” Dahyun stood up and headed to the door. She paused and stared at me.

“Just remove the scarf, Chaeyoung-a.” but she walked towards the remote control and made the room temperature lower.

“Gomawo, Dahyunie.” I smiled at her and stuck my tongue out at Tzuyu. She did the same.

*Ding*

Jeongyeon made a messenger group with Nayeon, Mina, and I.

She sent a photo she took of us.

It's from when I kissed Mina's forehead.

I can’t keep myself from blushing. I might make this my wallpaper.

I’ll ask the rest of the pictures from her tomorrow. Tonight, I’ll be sleeping with the scarf on.

*Ding*

It’s from Mina.

Goodnight, Chaeyoung-a.

I almost hit my head after sitting up too fast.