CHAPTER 3

10 일만 내놔 : Give me 10 days

Back at the Dorm

 

[Chaeyoung's POV]

 

I was slumped face down in my bed. My whole body is sore. More than when we're practicing for a new choreography.

Minari is really competitive when she's in game mode.

Air hockey, shooting games, Tekken, Mario kart, and music blocks, we even tried that VR simulation zombie apocalypse game running in a slippery platform while shooting guns. I kept on slipping, aiming at the walls and she just kept on reviving me. But I had fun. I smiled as I remember her weird transition from ultra-focused gamer to a happy penguin with a gummy smile. Kyeopta.

I lifted my head and stared at the big tiger stuff toy we brought home. She won it for me from the claw machine IN HER FIRST TRY. I tried winning her the big penguin stuff toy. I failed. Five times. I tried a smaller one. Failed again. I tried the key-chain sized one. I lost all my tokens for it and she ended up winning it for herself. So embarrassing. I burrowed my face again in the pillow.

Somebody knocked and before I could even answer the door swung open and I was pressed at my back by two people.

"How was the date?" Jeongyeon immediately asked.

"Did you two kiss?" Nayeon followed.

"I.can't.breathe." I struggled and wiggled out of the bed, bringing my stuffed tiger with me before Nayeon unnie could take it. I hugged it and smelled the soft cotton plush toy. I blushed.

"It was nice. We ate in her favorite restaurant, then on the way to the arcade we ran into Yeri and then played all afternoon."

Nayeon's eyes widen. "You met Yeri?"

"De. She saw us and asked me when we'll have our second pizza date."
"Aish! What did you say?" Nayeon leaned closer to my face.

I stood up, took a step away from them. "That... we can have it after... 10 days? Then she said we can do it after she comes back from their tour—"
They both groaned. "Yah! Pabo!Jeongyeon threw a pillow.

"Wae?"

"You said all these in front of Mina?"

"De..."

"Aigoo. You're purposely making her jealous aren't you?" Jeongyeon squinted her eyes. "Waa. Jinjaa. I didn't know you're such a player."
"What? NO! I wasn't thinking about it like—"
"Yah! You weren't thinking at all." Nayeon scratched her head. "Did you know that when you posted that picture in instagram, I saw Mina cursing at her phone?"

"She did?" Jeongyeon and I looked at each other. This is some new information.

"Yeah. I walked in the room to get my glasses and I saw her muttering to herself while scanning her phone. Then she threw it at the side of her bed and I saw your picture in the screen." She explained.

"Interesting..." Sherlock Jeong her chin. "Chae, how did Mina react when you told Yeri you're going on a date with Yeri after your trial relationship with her?"

I tried to remember. "She said she got jealous."

Nayeon started hitting Jeongyeon while giggling. "JINJAA?? OMO! I'm blushing. Aigoo! Ottoke, Jeongyeon-a?!" She was screaming. Still hitting Jeongyeon in her arm.
"AAARGH! HAJIMA!" Jeongyeon was corned at the end of the bed. She grabbed Nayeon's wrists and hugged her to make her stop. I saw Nayeon slightly smirking. I just shook my head.

"Wae? I'm just happy for Chaeyoung. Mina seems to really like her, too." Nayeon broke free from Jeongyeon's hug. "You never told me you're jealous of someone else."

"Ugh. You're making this about you again." Jeongyeon turned to me, dismissing Nayeon. "Don't mind her."

"She's still in denial that she likes me too much. Whatever. I'll just leave. Aish." Nayeon glared at Jeongyeon then walked out of the room.

"Aren't you gonna follow her?" I asked Jeongyeon. 

She shrugged and waved her hand.

"That's okay. I'll treat her with some jajangmyeon later and she'll forget about it." She sat closer to me. "What are you planning to do for your next date?" she asked.

"I still haven't thought about it. Do we go to an amusement park? But she might not enjoy it that much." I asked.

"Maybe it's better if it's something she enjoys doing. You're the one who likes going out. Mina is such a home buddy. I'm actually surprised you were able to make her stay outside the whole day" she said.

 

That gave me an idea.