CHAPTER 14

10 일만 내놔 : Give me 10 days

[Chaeyoung's POV]

 

Please let this be a dream. Jebal. Jebal. Jebal. I closed my eyes and winced.

"But then I saw you were still sleeping, so I immediately left the room."

I opened my eyes and looked at her.

"You saw us still sleeping?"

"Yes. That's what I saw." She just stared back at me.

Huh, I guess she didn't see anything...

"You didn't see anything?" my mouth spat out the words before I could even think twice.

"Is there anything to see?" she casually replied.

Now I'm regretting asking that.

She's waiting for my response.

I gulped. "Ani-eyo. T-That's right, when we woke up we went downstairs immediately." I'm really terrible at lying.

"I mean after we washed our faces and all...." I should stop talking.

My mom raised an eyebrow, "suuuure..."

We stood there in silence for a few minutes before she spoke again, "I just found it weird why you two slept on the floor when there's a bed in the room."

"Because we don't fit in the bed." I said mindlessly. My eyes widened immediately.

"Why do you both have to fit in the bed?" Crap. Dammit, Chaeyoung. I told you to stop talking.

"You know, I offered Mina unnie the bed but she didn't want me to sleep on the floor. She told me to sleep on the bed but I felt bad that she's sleeping in the floor by herself so I... joined her." I flashed my mom an awkward smile. She's not going to buy that.

"Chaeyoung-a."

"Yes, eomma?"

"You're forgetting that we have a guest bedroom."

The guest bedroom. Eomma, why are you torturing me?

"I forgot..." I scratched my head, "I've been forgetful recently."

She patted my head, "aigoo. My daughter must have been working so hard."

I pouted and she hugged me. I felt like a kid.

As her arms were wrapped around me, she whispered to my ear "just remember that no matter what happens, eomma, appa, and Jeonghoon-a will always love you. You'll always be our little girl, Chaeyoungie."

She did see us.

Eomma...

I buried my face on her shoulders and fought the tears from falling.

-----------

 

We're all sitting silently on the couch.

My dad looked at Mina, and so did my mom.

There is a heavy tension inside the room.

Ottoke?

I can feel my palms getting sweaty despite the cold weather. I took a sip from my water.

Jeonghoon's busy with his phone at the corner, probably texting her girlfriend.

Dad looked at me and I suddenly couldn't swallow the water I've been drinking. He let out a loud sigh.

"Arraseo. I lost." He put down his final stone and held out his hand to shake Mina's hand. "That was a good game."

I finally swallowed the water I collected inside my cheeks. I've never seen Appa lost in a game of Go, but then again, I never saw Mina lose a single game she played without team-mates.

Mina bowed and extended her arm. "You were a good teacher, ahbeonim."

We all laughed.

Mina started collecting the set pieces.

"Gwenchanah, gwenchanah." My dad stopped her, "I lost the game, so I have to clean this up."

He started fixing the table and looked at the wall clock.

"You girls should get going. Don't you have rehearsals or something?" he looked at me.

"Ah yes. We'll just head back to the dorm to take a shower and change clothes then we'll go to rehearsals."

I immediately checked our group chat.

There's a message from Jihyo unnie. She's looking for us.

I looked at Mina and we nodded at each other without saying a word. Then all of us stood up almost at the same time.

"Thank you for receiving me well in your home, ahbeonim. Eomoni, thank you for the delightful breakfast."

She bowed at my mom but eomma walked up to her and hugged her.

"Of course. Anything for you, dear."

Mina's face looked confused but I saw her lips curved up and her arms wrapped around eomma's waist.

My heart felt warm.

"Kamsahamnida, eomoni." Mina said as they pulled away from each other.

I hugged and kissed my parents before leaving.

Jeonghoon's still busy with his phone. Aish. Jinjja, this kid.

I walked up to him and ruffled his hair. "Annyeong, Jeonghoon. Take care of eomma and appa."

He finally came to his senses and stood up.

"Annyeong, Mina noona." He bowed at Mina's direction and completely ignored me.

I was about to hit him at the back of his head when he hugged me.

"Annyeong, noona. Sarangheyooo~" he's using his sing-song voice then leaned in to whisper to me. "I sent you a link in kakao. Buy it for me juseyo."

I proceeded to pinch his back. "Not a chance."

 

 

[Mina's POV]

 

The day passed by so fast with the dance rehearsals and we all headed back to the dorm early since we have to rest well for our CF shoot tomorrow.

"Minari, can I have some of your night cream?" Nayeon unnie was sitting at her bed. "Mine ran out and I forgot to buy yesterday."

"Ah. Yes. I just bought this last week." I tossed it to her bed.

"Gomawo." She catched it and went to the bathroom to apply to her face.

I took out my perfume and did my nightly ritual of spraying it to my bed. I immediately felt refreshed and calm.

I should spray some in Chaeyoung's bed. The thought came so naturally that it made me smile.

When Nayeon went back to bed after applying some night cream, Jihyo turned off the lights and we all tucked it for the night. "Yeorobun, jajalyo."

I closed my eyes and tried to get some rest.

Fifteen minutes passed but my brain still wouldn't let me sleep. It kept replaying memories with Chaeyoung from last night until this morning. My heart is still beating so fast. Ottoke?

I opened my eyes and Chaeyoung is right in front of me, hugging a body pillow. Now I'm hallucinating.

"Minari," she whispered. My eyes got wider.

"Chaeyoung-a..." I muttered.

"Shhh." She pressed her finger against my lips. I blinked then nodded.

She extended her arm. Showing me her pillow.

"Can you spray some of your perfume in my pillow?" she smiled coyly.

"I couldn't sleep and I can't smell the scent of your perfume here anymore." She looks so cute pouting like that. I smiled back at her.

"Sure." I sat up.

Her face lit up brightly. I reached for my perfume and opened the cap.

I was about to spray it to her pillow when I thought, "Or you could just sleep here instead."

"EH?" Chaeyoung responded. I guess I said it out loud.

I flashed an awkward smile.