CHAPTER 2

10 일만 내놔 : Give me 10 days

[Mina's POV]

 

"Annyeong haseyo, Mina unnie." She bowed at me, but just right after I bowed back I saw Yeri's hand swing in slow motion as it landed in Chaeyoung's shoulder, slid down her elbow and wrapped around her arm. I gulped instinctively.

"Yah! You still owe me a pizza date." Yeri pouted, "You paid the last time and promised you'll let me treat you in the next one."

Jinjja? Aish. I grabbed my phone from my coat and pretended to check a message.

Chaeyoung smiled and scratched her head, "I got a little busy, jeosonghamnida. But we can hang out some other time."

"Are you free next week? There's a new patisserie in Cheongdam. Seulgi unnie told me their strawberry cheese-tart is to die for! We should try it together."

"Jinjaa? Omo. Sure, let's go there!"

I scowled at Chaeyoung. You're seriously willing to ditch me over strawberries?

She paused, she might have sensed my piercing glare. Or not. "I mean not probably in the next... ten days. But we could definitely have our date after."

"Arraseo. We're also leaving for our tour and won't be back until the end of the month. Let's have our date then."

"Oh. Right. Okay then, it's a date."

Excuse me? Hello, I'm still here. Why do these two keep on saying the word date? Son Chaeyoung, you might be forgetting you're in the middle of one right now.

"Or you could come with us and we can all try it together later?" I blurted. Where on earth did that come from? Chaeyoung was also a bit surprised as I spoke louder than usual.

"Are you sure, Miguri?" she asked.

I paused.

"Gwaenchanayo. (No, it's okay)" Yeri waved her hands. "I'm also with Irene unnie. We're buying scarves." She pointed at the boutique she came out from.

"Arraseo." I said quickly.

"We'll get going then," Chaeyoung smiled, "Annyeong, Yeri. Say hi to Irene unnie for us. Goodluck with your tour. Hwaiting!"

We bowed to each other and started walking away.

We're walking with a 30cm gap between our shoulders. Both of us not sure what to say. It went on for a couple of minutes.

"Are you okay, ketchup?" When she took her next step, our shoulders are 10cm closer to each other.

"Gwaenchanha." I muttered. A thick white fog came out of my mouth as I sighed.

Chaeyoung's shoulder hit my arm as she stepped closer. Her hand reached for mine and I felt the warmth of her hand.

It's strange. How her hands are still warm in this weather.

"You know," she started, carefully picking her words "relationships are built and strengthen by 3 things. Love is already the given first of the three... next comes trust. It's crucial that you not only give your heart but also your trust."

We stopped at her and I stared at her as she spoke slowly but clearly, "The final one is communication. Being honest to one another. About what you actually feel. Telling that person if your upset, angry, or happy."

"When you actually start dating," I felt the heaviness in her voice "please remember that. Don't let your emotions stay there." She pointed at my chest.

"Because when that fills to the brim, it could explode."

I know Chaeyoung is an old soul, but I didn't realize she's this wise. 'When you actually start dating' why does that phrase make my heart sink?

"I was jealous." I revealed.

 

 

[Chaeyoung's POV]

 

"I was jealous." It gave me goosebumps when I heard it from her.

I could feel my cheeks start to become warm, it's hard to keep a straight face. I smiled a little.

"Geumanhae. Hajima! (Stop. Don't do that!)" She protested as she covered my mouth.

I leaned back "Wae? What did I do?" I laughed as I grabbed her wrists.

"You're being too cute." She muttered, "And I still hate you. I don't like seeing your dimple. I mean I do. But not now" She pouted.

You're being too cute. There must be something in the food today that's making Mina act strange. I must keep ordering it for her. I tried to manage hiding my dimple.

"Mianhe (I'm sorry), Miguri." I clung to her arm. "It won't happen again."

 

She nodded in acknowledgement and we entered to the arcade.