CHAPTER 26

10 일만 내놔 : Give me 10 days

[Chaeyoung’s POV]

 

Bangkok, Thailand - 2:21PM

I checked my watch, 4:22PM. It’s still in Korean Standard Time. I’ll change it later.

After five hours of flight, we arrived at BKK airport, and now we’re checking in our hotel. All members are waiting in the lobby while our managers are at the reception counter, acquiring our key cards.

We’re sat in two opposite couches. At the other side, Mina and Sana are talking, and Dahyun and Jihyo are both in their phones. In our side, Nayeon is busy bothering Jeongyeon, who’s trying to sleep. I’m sitting in the center and beside me, Momo and Tzuyu are taking selcas. Probably to post in twicetagram later. I decided that I’ll take my selcas when I’m in my room. The light from the hotel night lamps are perfect for taking pictures.

These past few months, every time we’re staying overseas, we’ve been booking individual bedrooms for all the members. It took me awhile to get used to the new sleeping arrangement, especially after spending almost every night with Tzuyu and Dahyun. But it has some perks having the room all for myself, I could sleep with the light on, and I could sleep with music on speaker instead of wearing earphones.

I’m already on my phone setting my playlist for tonight when our managers came getting with the key cards. We’re about to stand up when manager unnie lifted her hand.

“Jamkkanman. Sit. Sit. Sit." we all obliged immediately. 

"Girls, we have a little situation.” She, manager Tendo and Pinky are holding the key cards. “Unfortunately, there has been a slight misunderstanding and we’re only able to book seven rooms for you girls.”

Manager Pinky stepped forward, raising the two cards in both his hands. One with a green label, and the other in red. “Five of the seven are standard single suites. But for the other two, four of you would have to share with it.”

“So there’s two sets of rooms with two double beds?” Jeongyeon asked. “Well, I don’t mind sharing a room.”“Actually, one room with two double beds, and the other is a king suite. Meaning two of you have to share a bed.” He’s waiting for our response.

Sana finally asked, “King suite?”

What? I blinked.

“Technicall speaking, it’s a honeymoon suite…”

H-honeymoon suite? I felt my face turning red.

We were all silent for five seconds, when we heard Momo stifling her giggles, we all started laughing.

“I mean, it’s a big bed. Plently of space, still. It's just like having two double beds." he sighed.

"Mianhe. A new staff arranged our booking. I don’t know what’s got in to her mind. If I knew this would happen, I should've handled it myself.” Manager Pinky sounded pissed.

Gwenchanha, gwenchanha.” Jeongyeon walked casually towards our manager and tapped his back. “Momo and I will just take the honeymoon suite, we’re used to sharing a bed anyway.”

“Eh? I don’t want to share a room tonight.” Momo protested.

Wae?

“I wanna sleep , I heard that it’s good for your health.”

“So? You sleep when we’re together sometimes.”

“That doesn’t count. You always wrap me with a thick blanket. It’s defeating its purpose.” Momo crossed her arms.

Nayeon stepped forwards and wrapped her arms around Jeongyeon. “Gwenchanha. I’ll sleep with you tonight.” She said while wiggling her eyebrows.

“Aish. Jinjja.” Jeongyeon tried to pull away from Nayeon. “You sleep so noisily. You also keep on tossing and turning. I might end up just sleeping on the floor.”

“Ani. I sleep better now. I promise. I sleep like the angel that I am. Ask Jihyo.” She turned to Jihyo and she nodded immediately. Raising his thumb up.

But as soon as Nayeon looked away Jihyo frowned at Jeongyeon and flipped her thumb down. I tried to control my laughter.

“Arraseo. Let’s share the double room instead. I’m not sharing a bed with you.” Jeongyeon grabbed the green card from manager.

Nayeon pouted. “Okay, fine. As long as we’re sharing a room.” Then her face lit up. “But we’re buying beer and pad thai later, arraseo?”

“Yah! No drinks tonight. We can all drink after the concert.” Jihyo has her hands on her waist. That means she’s serious and she’ll be making rounds in our rooms later to check.

Sometimes, she can be stricter than our managers. Well, a lot of times.

“So, who’s getting the Honeymoon suite?” manager waved the red key card in his hand.

I gulped. Should I share it with Mina? Can we?

Why do I feel nervous? I can feel my hands starting to sweat.

Before I can even speak, I saw someone raise her hand in the corner of my eye.

“I don’t mind sharing the honeymoon suite.” I turned my head.

It’s Mina.

In just a split second, “I’LL TAKE IT!” my hand is raised as well.

I looked at her and she smiled at me. I smiled back, I think wider than I should because I can see Sana looking at me beside Mina.

Did she... Did she just wink at me?

 

[Mina’s POV]

 

All of us are staying in one floor, with rooms that are adjacent to each other. We were the last to enter our room since ours is the one at the end of the hall.

Room 404. Chaeyoung tapped the key card and twisted the door handle.

She glanced back at me. Wae?

“Are you ready to see our Honeymoon suite?” she winked.

Did she... Did she just wink at me?

I covered her face. I don’t want her to see me blush.

“Hajima. Don’t tease me.” I couldn’t help but smile.

I was secretly expecting for Chaeyoung to call dibs on the honeymoon suite right after manager Pinky told us about it. And when she didn’t, I don’t know why I felt a little let down. But I’m more surprised with my instinct to raise my hand after manager asked again, more than the relief I felt when Chaeyoung decided to share it with me.

She put down my hand but didn’t let go of it. “Arraseo. Arraseo.”

Grinning at me, she pushed the door open and pulled me in.

Waa. Jinjja.

It really is a honeymoon suite.

The bed has rose petals scattered around, with two towels shaped as swans kissing in the middle.

Chaeyoung and I looked at each other. We both laughed. Nervously.

I closed the door behind me and put down my luggage at one side of the room.

“This room looks nice.” The big windows are not covered with curtains and we got a great view of the park near it.

"It's waaay bigger than I expected." Chaeyoung has her back turned away from me.

I sat at the end of the bed. Admiring the rose petals and the towel origami, when she turned around.

I looked at her, she’s holding a bottle of champagne in one hand and two champagne flutes in the other.

“They gave us complimentary drinks.” She raised the bottle up and smiled. “Should we open them?”

“Andwae. We can’t.” I laughed.

“Just a few sips? No? Are you sure?” she did a little dance that made me laugh more.

“Jihyo said we can’t drink before the concert. I don’t want her to get angry. Let’s just keep it and drink it with them tomorrow.”

“Arraseo, arraseo.”

I walked towards her and checked the table she’s leaning against. There’s an ice bucket for the champagne and a bowl of chocolate covered strawberries.

I picked one strawberry and bit on it. Mashida.

It’s the perfect combination of sweet and sour.

I’m busy appreciating the flavours when Chaeyoung leaned in and took a bite from the half eaten strawberry I’m holding. It made me gasp for some reason. I felt my heart beat faster and louder.

“Y-yah! Get your own.” I stuttered while I laugh and tried covering my heated ears with my hair.

She raised her hands again.

“Mianhe. My hands are full.” she said as she chews. I shook my head.

I let my eyes wander around the room. Everything in it really screams ‘Honeymoon Suite’.

Chaeyoung put down the glasses and picked up the card to read it:

“To our dearest guests,

Welcome to our hotel! On behalf of the entire staff, we are delighted to wish you a happy honeymoon. We wish you a nice and comfortable stay in our hotel.

With kind regards,

Management”

She carefully placed it back on top of the table and looked at me with a serious look in her face. “There might be a chance this is not our room.”

 

*knock knock*