CHAPTER 31

10 일만 내놔 : Give me 10 days

CHAPTER 31

 

[Mina’s POV]

 

 

I slammed the table hard with both my palms.

“What do you mean you can’t sue them for defamation?”

Everyone is staring at me. I can see that even Jihyo looks taken aback with what I just said. It was dead silent in the room.

He blinked, still keeping his eye contact with me. Both his arms on top of the table and his hands clasped under his chin. His pursed lips parted and he let out a sigh. Our CEO fixed his glasses before speaking. “Look, Mina…”

JYP was standing behind him. Leaning on the wall. He walked closer and tapped CEO Wook on his shoulder. Silently saying I’ll handle this.

He looked at me and took the seat beside me. “Please sit down.”

I obliged, I slowly sat down.

“CEO Wook and the rest of our legal team are looking for grounds we can use against them, even our PR team are working their best to take-down and stop the malicious rumours that are already spreading from further incurring more damage to Twice and specially Chaeyoung.” He paused, tilting his chair more to face me. “Unfortunately, Chaeyoung made that decision. She conducted the interview without consulting any of us and there’s a limit to what we can do for her. But I can assure you that everyone here is doing their best. We’ll make things work out. Arraseo?

It wasn’t exactly what I wanted to hear but I think it really is the best they could offer. Everyone’s face look tired. I relaxed my shoulders a little bit.

“Have you found her already?” I asked PD-nim.

He shook his head.

“Her mom told us she hasn’t even contacted them yet. She told them that she’ll be alright and just needed time and her family agreed to respect her decision.”

“Has she told them for how long? How much time does she need?” my shoulders started to tense up again.

He sighed. “I wish I could tell you, but I also don’t have the answers. We can’t force Chaeyoung back, Mina. We’ll have to wait for her to return. Then we’ll deal with everything accordingly.”

“But it’s been two days…

Ani. I have to find her.

---

 

 

I’m two blocks away from Chaeyoung’s house, but I couldn’t step out of the car. I can see reporters everywhere, a handful of them look familiar. They’re surrounding the vicinity like vultures, waiting for any of her family members to come out. I suddenly felt sick in the stomach.

“Gwenchanha?” Nayeon unnie grabbed my hand from the passenger seat. I nodded even though I’m not feeling well.

Jeongyeon, on the other hand, also has her eyes locked on the house. “I don’t think anyone is in there.”

“What do you mean?” I leaned forward from the backseat. My face just a few inches away from both of them. I squinted my eyes to see the house better.

“I don’t think anyone has been there for days.” She pointed at the gate. I don’t see what she’s trying to make me see. Is it because the gate is locked?

“Look at the mail box. There’s a envelope sticking out a little. Which means no one’s inside to take it. And check that at the left side.” She pointed at the garbage dumpster beside Chaeyoung’s house.

“It’s empty.”

“Maybe the garbage collector has already taken it.” I reasoned out.

“Ani. Garbage pick-up schedule is every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 7pm until 12 midnight. It’s Tuesday now, and it’s already six.” She took out her phone to double check.

“Their dumpster looks emptied out, which means no one has been taking out the trash, so technically, we can say that no one has been there since Sunday, atleast.” She snapped her fingers, looking satisfied with her deduction but her face changed when she saw my expression.

I slumped back to my seat and sighed.

Nayeon punched Jeongyeon on her arm. “AHH! What??” Jeongyeon yelled.

After they whispered the rest of their conversation to each other, I heard Jeongyeon apologizing to me repeatedly. But I’m not really in the mood to respond with anything. I just shut my eyes.

Where on earth are you Son Chaeyoung?

---

 

 

Nayeon unnie and Jeongyeon are planning to eat dinner outside, but I’m not in the mood to eat anything so I asked them to just drop me off outside the dorm.

As soon as I stepped out of the car, I noticed a black SUV parked outside. It’s not similar to any of the cars from the company. Maybe one of the members has a visitor or something. I started walking towards the dorm.

*Click*

I froze and immediately scanned the perimeter. What the hell?

I didn’t see anything. But I’m sure I heard what I heard. Wae? Are they here thinking Chaeyoung is just hiding inside our dorm? I wanted to yell and scold them but I can’t see anyone.

Suddenly, the door from the SUV’s driver’s side opened and a guy came out. A tall and lanky guy came out. He’s holding a boquet of flowers.

“Bambam, w-what are you doing here?”

*Click*

---

 

 

“What are you doing here?”

I asked Bambam again as soon as we entered the dorm.

“I just got back from Thailand yesterday. I had things to sort out first but came here as soon as I. Didn’t we agree to go out on a date when I come back?”

“I didn’t say we’ll go out. I said we’ll discuss.” I sat down and placed my hand on my forehead. “Haven’t you read the news? It’s all over SNS”

“You mean the one with Chaeng? The one with her admitting she’s dating a mystery Seoul girl?” he took the seat beside me after putting the bouquet at the coffee table.

“I know all about it.” He looked at me, “I know that you’re the mystery Seoul girl.”

I lifted my head and stared at him. His expression looks glum.

He took something out from the pocket of his coat. It’s an envelope. It looked strangely familiar. “I received this in my apartment, probably two days ago.”

It’s the same envelope from Antika. What?

“I wasn’t aware people still use snail mail and the post office aside from delivering bills and notices.” He chuckled. “I was really surprised when I received this. But when I saw that it’s from Chaeyoung, I wasn’t that surprised anymore.”

I’m still dumbstruck to even say anything. I didn’t even notice Chaeyoung writing two letters.

“I’ve been tempted to burn it and ignore everything.” He smiled weakly. “But after finding out what happened with Chaeyoung, what she did to protect you. I couldn’t… I just couldn’t.”

My eyes started to well up again. I reached out to him.

“Do you mind if I read what she wrote you?”

“Well, that’s the reason I brought it in the first place.”

He handed me the envelope.

With shaky hands, I opened it and reached for the piece of paper inside.

I unfolded it and read each line carefully:

 

 

Annyeong, oppa

 

I don’t really know what to say. Ani. I know exactly what but I don’t know where to begin.

Well. I know you like Mina a lot. The truth is I like her, too.

Ani. I love her, too. But that doesn’t matter anyway, does it?

Once you receive this, you’re probably about to have your date with her. But before that I just have a few things I want to share to you. A quick guide to Myoui Mina that might be useful to you. Ten rules you should follow:

-She’s very competitive. If you’re playing against her, even if you’re about to win, still make her win. Just seeing her smile after would make you feel like you still won the game.

-Sometimes, she’ll feel insecure with herself and ask if you prefer Black Swan Mina or Penguin Mina. Always re-assure her. She loves listening to your stories but always ask her about herself. You’ll find out a lot about her.

-She can be cute when she’s jealous, especially when she admits it. But don’t do it. Don’t make her feel jealous of other people, no matter how tempting it is.

-She loves the Little Prince, if you haven’t read it, check it out. There’s a lot to learn from it, too.

-She likes drinking Americano, but don’t let her have more than 2 cups in a day. She palpitates.

-Don’t force her to go out when she doesn’t feel like it. She loves her alone time. Please respect that. But if you really want to spend time with her and she doesn’t want to go out, bring the date to her. She prefers it anyway.

-She loves Yukhoe, take her out to eat it atleast once every two months. Don’t forget to order Pajeon as a side-dish.

-When she cries, don’t tell her to stop crying. Just offer your shoulder and let her cry her eyes out.

-If it’s what you really feel, tell her you love her immediately, don’t wait for the perfect timing because it might never come.

-Lastly, I know she likes you back. I don’t really know what the situation will be after writing this, but no matter what happens, protect her. At all cost.

Please take good care of her. Don’t you dare make her cry.

 

Best wishes,

Chaeng

 

I felt the tears starting to roll down my cheeks, my chin, then dripping to the piece of paper I’m holding. ‘Don’t you dare make her cry’ and here you are, making me cry again. Hypocrite.