PROLOGUE

10 일만 내놔 : Give me 10 days

[Mina's POV]

"Give me 100 days." I can see her shoulders heave as she panted, she looked like she ran up a hundred flights of stairs. I don't understand why she had to chase me.

"Chaeyoung-ah—" she held her right hand up and walked closer towards me.

"Ani (No), J-just give me 10 days" she looked up and stared directly to my eyes. "Before you make any rash decision, shib ilman naenwa (give me 10 days)."

This doesn't really help clear up my confusion. "Chaeyoung-ah, I really don't know what you're trying to say." I shook my head and folded my arms.

"Sana unnie told me that this guy... Ba—" she paused, looked down on her feet and crunched her nose "he asked you to be his girlfriend."

She sighed "I mean, I know the dating ban has already been lifted, but jinjja? (really?) I think it's just too fast, isn't it? Before we go into serious relationships, we have to know what we really want first... from our partner, don't we?"

I think I know what I want in a partner, but her asking me this makes me unsure what I truly want.

"So... be my girlfriend for 10 days." She held up both her hands and grinned. Kyeopta (Very cute). My cheeks felt a little warm.

"I'll be your pretend boyfriend. It's like a simulation. A test run. If you're actually ready to be in a relationship. Arasseo? (Okay?)" She wiggled her eyebrows.

I laughed "This is ridiculous, you're just as inexperienced as I am."

Her shoulders dropped and her face went blank, I don't think she's kidding. I stopped laughing.

"Arasseo. Let's do it." That wasn't what I was supposed to say. Wait.

"Jinjja?" her face lit up in disbelief. She smiled and her dimple came out again. My heart skipped a beat.

"Haja! (Let's do it!)" I can't help but smile. This little tiger.

She hugged me, "Gomawo (Thank you), Minari." This feels nice. "Gomawo, Chaeyoungie."

She let go and took a step back, "This isn't our first day yet, arasseo? Where are you going tomorrow?"

"I'm supposed to go on a date with B—"

"Hajima! (Don't do it!)" She scratched her head, "Aish! If he really likes you he can wait for 10 more days. He's so pushy."

"Arasseo, I'll tell him I can't meet him for 10 days." She looked please with what I said.

"I'll see you tomorrow, ketchup. I'll text you," she started walking backwards, "oh and one more thing..."

"What is it?"

"Tomorrow, I won't be calling you unnie." She winked, turned around and ran towards the fire exit. Son Chaeyoung, you're making me crazy.

 

[Chaeyoung's POV]

Son Chaeyoung, you're making me crazy! I thought to myself. I stopped from walking down the stairs and slumped on the last step, reaching for my phone and scanning my contact.

"Yeoboseyo?" the person on the other line answered.

"Jeong-hyung!!!" I cried

"I told you to stop calling me that! Aish!"

"Unnie, I need your help" I whispered and let my chin rest on my knees. I can hear her sigh on the phone and explained to her what happened.

"Pabo. Pabo yah! I thought Momo is pabo. But Son Chaeyoung! Waaa, Jinjja! What were you thinking?"

What was I thinking? "I don't want to see her with another guy."

"And pretending to be her boyfriend for 10 days would make her not want to be with another guy? That's crazy." I hear clanging sounds at the background, she must be angry-cleaning again.

"I thought... I could make her fall in love with me..." now I realized how futile and crazy that sounds, "ottoke, unnie..."

"You haven't made her fall in love with you in those three years, what made you think you'll make her fall in love with you in 10 days? You said 100 days first, why didn't you just stick with that? Or made it 30 days at least. You at negotiation." her words stung me. It's true, though.

"B-but I haven't really tried making her fall in love with me..."

I heard a sigh. "I hate when you're sappy like this," she said with a pitiful tone, "buy me tteokbokki. Let's see what we can do."

I stood up fast, too fast that my leg cramped a little. I started bowing "Kansahamnida (Thank you), unnie!"