Notification

Her own kind of heaven

For now, Chaewon would follow everyone's advice - to do what made her happy.  

Having her body glued to Hyejoo's made her happy. Having her lips moving against hers made her happy. So, she was doing what was right... right?  

Chaewon pulled away and let her head lean back until it hit the door, taking a deep breath, or else she thought she would faint. She then looked at the also panting Hyejoo, and when her eyes scanned her features, she laughed.  

"W-What's funny?" Chaewon frowned.  

"I think I'm an artist, you should see the lipstick masterpiece that's your face."  

"Yah, Son Hyejoo!" She shrieked, but when she looked better, Hyejoo also had red lipstick smudged all around her lips.  

"I didn't know this would happen. If I knew, I wouldn't have worn this lipstick. Come, let's get ourselves cleaned."  

Hyejoo grabbed her hand and walked to her room. As Chaewon followed her, she couldn’t help but go red in the face at the memories that came back to her. Of what had happened in that bed.  

"Sit," Hyejoo said, and Chaewon complied. "Stay quiet."  

With a wet cotton pad, Hyejoo cleaned her face in soft circular movements. Chaewon stared at how her eyebrows knitted together in focus, at how her cute cheeks puffed, at those lips that she would never get tired of staring at, and suddenly that situation seemed very familiar.  

"You are so gorgeous it makes me so mad," Chaewon said, making Hyejoo stop and meet her eyes.  

"I think I know that song." The corner of her lips raised. "Written by the incredible Son Hyejoo, dedicated to a certain gorgeous girl named Park Chaewon."  

She stayed quiet, because, how did one answer that?  

"All right, you're done." Hyejoo threw the cotton pad away, and without warning, she sat on Chaewon's lap, with a leg on each her side. "Now, where were we?"  

Chaewon didn't have time to react when Hyejoo's lips crashed against hers in another intense kiss, one she could barely keep up with, because Hyejoo's hands were already all over her, creeping down to snake under her sweater and scratch her back.  

As she felt bold hands dragging her sweater up, Chaewon broke the kiss.  

"W-Wait."  

"Sorry, am I going too fast?"  

"No, it's not that. It's just..." Chaewon avoided her eyes, not knowing how she should ask it. "Hyejoo, w-what am I to you? Am I another one for you to have your fun with and throw away?"  

Hyejoo pursued her lips, and Chaewon was about to apologize when she stood up and lent her a hand.  

"Let's lay down," Hyejoo whispered.  

Chaewon rolled to face Hyejoo, gulping.  

"It's true that I used to sleep around a lot," Hyejoo said. "When I fought with my father, when I felt down, I thought it would help to use my looks and flirt skills to get girls to sleep with. I'm not proud of it. It didn’t actually help. It was fun while it happened, but after it was over, it was back to reality again. Then rinse and repeat." She laughed at herself. "But that doesn't mean I can't love and settle for someone," she continued, and Chaewon gulped. "I dated two times, and they were both ty experiences. The first time she told me she wasn't sure about all the liking girls thing and broke up with me. The second time my father found out, freaked out, hit me, and said that if I didn't break up with her, he would kick me out. I had no choice since I was in high school."  

What else did Hyejoo go through?  

"But it's different now. We're far from the judgmental eyes of everyone else, we have tons of supportive friends, my father wouldn't even know. I don't want to sleep around with you, Gowon. You're way more than that. Each day that goes by, the more I'm sure that I-" Hyejoo paused, and it seemed like time stopped with her. "That I really-"  

"Don't say that," Chaewon blurted. "Not now. I don’t know how I can answer whatever you’re going to say yet."  

Hyejoo nodded. "I hope that time comes, then. And Gowon." She held her hands, pulling them close to their chests. "I'll never push you into anything. I'll wait, and let's do this at your pace and in a way that makes you comfortable. You're my priority."  

Ever since she knew Hyejoo, she had judged her for so many things that didn't even matter anymore. Because what if she smoked or drank, when she was this honest and considerate? The way her voice sounded so sincere, the eyes that only proved Chaewon how true every word she had said was.  

Chaewon brought Hyejoo's hands to her lips, then to her chest. "I think I might fall for you." She admitted, even to herself, for the first time, fighting the fear that still haunted her.  

"Nothing would make me happier than that."  

“How do such cheesy things come out of such a swearing mouth like yours?”  

“Great question. Do you want me to stop swearing? I can do that for you if that means you’ll like me more.”  

Chaewon giggled. “No, I don’t want you to change a thing. It’s part of you, it’s something that makes you unique and who you are, and I like the Son Hyejoo that I know.”  

“Wow.” Hyejoo chuckled, but her face had gotten a different shade of pink. “This is becoming way too lame.”  

“Oh, you don’t like when I say lame things? Okay, I won’t.”  

“N-No! I do, but I don’t like it when I get flustered. It’s embarrassing.” Hyejoo looked away.  

“I think it’s cute.”  

“C-Cute?” Hyejoo widened her eyes.  

“Yes. What, nobody ever told you you’re cute?”  

“I’m cute?”  

“Now you’re doing that on purpose so I say it again.”  

“Damn it…” Hyejoo mumbled under her breath, making Chaewon laugh.  

“I know you enough, Hyejoo. But it’s okay, I’m feeling generous, so I don’t mind saying again that you’re cute. Not only that, but you’re also beautiful, and funny, and-" 

Lips shushed Chaewon, as she smiled into the kiss and hands cupped her cheeks.  

“Have you taken a look at yourself, Gowon? You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen, and I’m not exaggerating. You have this smile that makes my knees weak and there are times that my heart beats faster just because you’re next to me. And your kisses? Pff, puts every other one to shame. Not to mention-“  

“Okay, enough.” Her chest was about to explode.  

“Did I make Gowon flustered?” Hyejoo smirked.  

“Yes, and I’m not used to this, so let’s skip this part for now, yes? You already made it up for me.”  

“Hm? Made it up for what?”  

“Dancing with Choerry and almost ruining my birthday.”  

Hyejoo’s eyes bulged. “B-Birthday? Today’s your birthday?” Chaewon nodded, biting back a laugh. “No, it’s not, you’re pulling me a prank.”  

“Do you want me to go get my ID?”  

“Holy , it’s so close to mine, what are the chances? And I’m so sorry. I didn’t know.” Hyejoo rested her hand on her cheek and leaned in to kiss her lips. “Happy birthday, Gowon. I don’t think it’s too late to give you a birthday present.”  

Hyejoo wiggled her eyebrows, supporting herself on her elbow, but Chaewon pushed her down and rolled over her. “Yes, but I get to choose it.”  

“Whoa, Park Chaewon is a top? I think I found my new favorite thing.” Hyejoo wrapped her arms around her torso to glue their bodies together, biting on her lip.  

“I’m a what?” Chaewon aimed for her neck, recalling what Hyejoo did the last time and mimicking it, leaving a trail of kisses.  

“Nevermind.” Hyejoo laughed through her gasps.  

“Good. Now, be quiet.” 

“Chaewon giving me orders? This is too good to be true.”  

“Be quiet, I said.” Chaewon dug her nails on Hyejoo's shoulder. 

A low fit of swears left Hyejoo’s mouth in a hoarse breathing before Chaewon stopped it with a heated kiss.  

The feeling of being under control was new to her, but she enjoyed it, more than she would ever expect. She didn’t care if she would feel ashamed the next day. She had to take advantage of her own weakest moments, or strongest, she didn’t know, to let herself be one with Hyejoo again, and surrender to the addictive taste of cherry and tobacco that was her lips.  

She would blame it on the addicting components of the cigarettes Hyejoo smoked. They’d been passed on to her through saliva... or something.  

---  

The morning light crept through the window, hitting Chaewon's face. She moved without opening her eyes, her arm touching warm skin under the blankets. The memories from last night flashed in her mind. But she didn't feel embarrassed like she thought she would and let the small smile creep on her lips.  

She opened her eyes at last, only because she wanted to look at Hyejoo and her peaceful sleeping features. She had to stop herself from leaning forward and kiss her cheek because she didn't want to wake her up, not just yet.  

And that made Chaewon wonder what time was it. Throwing an arm back, she searched for her phone on the nightstand, bringing it close and lighting up the screen.  

It was not her phone that she grasped, but Hyejoo's. Why did everyone have the same iPhones nowadays?  

But the time didn't matter anymore. Not when there was a notification Chaewon wished she hadn't seen.  

[Ryujin 
I miss you so much baby, when are you coming back?  

Chaewon felt like the most stupid, ridiculous, and ashamed person alive at that moment. 

She couldn't believe she fought so many battles and went through so much for someone who just wanted to play around, and on top of that, lied to her.  

She looked at Hyejoo one last time, fighting the tears that wanted to break free, and got up from the bed. 

---

A/N: *runs*