Your house

Her own kind of heaven

Chaewon thought space would help her organize her mind.  

How silly of her.  

Not seeing Hyejoo in no way meant she stopped thinking about her. Like those painful weeks after their fight.  

But now, after what happened between them, it was even more unbearable to stay away from her. Because Chaewon had found something new about Hyejoo – the way she could make her feel. She tried to convince herself she didn’t want it, but oh, she did.  

After talking everything out with Vivi, and one afternoon after a study session with Hyunjin, she felt better. They really understood her. Chaewon was grateful for having them and her roommates there to help her in any way they could without judging her, which was her biggest fear. They all had said the same – follow what felt right and made her happy. And she knew what that was.  

The second she occasionally found Hyejoo around campus, her mind would start an internal battle against her heart, telling her legs to run – only she wasn’t sure if away from her, or right towards her. Somehow, she always ended up walking in her direction.  

And why did it seem like God refused to give her the answers she asked for? Was He testing her? Was she about to throw away everything she believed in her whole life? And was it worth it? Or would He still accept her as His child, even if she deliberately chose sin?  

Then, why was she thinking about that when she should be studying, which was what she had come to Harvard to do?  

She dropped the pen and hid her face in her hands. When would she find her answers?  

Chaewon needed food. Stepping out her bedroom, she found her roommates cuddling on the couch while watching TV, and for a second, those two people were Hyejoo and her.  

She shook her head and walked towards the fridge, fetching the first thing that caught her eye - an apple. And as she took a big bite, she leaned against the counter, that one memory floating on her mind.  

She grunted, looking at the apple as if she was the source of all evil. She took another aggressive bite, one that ended up snapping the apple in half instead, sending the sound of its demise across the room.  

“Whoa, what’s wrong with you and what did that apple do to you?” Jiwoo asked from the couch, her neck turned back.  

“Everything,” she mumbled, with half the apple still on and the other in her hand.  

“Uh, what?”  

“It’s... it’s Hyejoo!” Chaewon huffed as she finished munching on half her apple.  

“What did she do?” Sooyoung frowned.  

“Nothing, it’s me!”  

“Are you PMSing?” Jiwoo asked  

“I...” She sighed. “Maybe.”  

“Why don’t you sit with us and talk about whatever’s inside that mind of yours?” Sooyoung said, patting the empty space beside her.  

Chaewon sighed and did so.  

"Okay, let it all out."  

"I don't know anything anymore, I feel like I'm going crazy. I don't know what to do, I don't know what to think. One second I want to run to her and kiss her and-" She cleared , recomposing herself. "And in the next, I don't want to see her or think about her because it feels wrong and, see, I don't know! What do I do?"  

"We’ve had this conversation before, Chaewon." Jiwoo sighed. "We don't know what else we can do to help you.”  

"I know. You told me to follow the feeling in my gut and I know it feels right, but if it felt completely right, I wouldn’t have such a problem. What’s wrong is that it doesn’t feel completely right."  

"I think it’s going to take some time no matter what you do. You’re gonna live through this, alright," Sooyoung said, “But it doesn’t mean you have to be away from her while you process everything. As far as I can tell, it’s only making it worse. Why don’t you let her help you through it? Let her help you figure out how you feel.”  

"But what if she ends up convincing me that I want it?"  

"Do you really need to be convinced of that?" Sooyoung smirked at her.  

Chaewon stopped breathing for a moment. "No, I... I can't."  

"Okay, you know what you need? To clear that mind, because this is not going anywhere," Jiwoo said, seeing the mood going downhill. "Baby, remember that party we were thinking about going? Chaewon, you're going with us."  

"W-What party?"  

"Tomorrow, salsa night. You're gonna shake that and drink something and forget about all of this even if for a couple of hours."  

"Great idea, babe!" Sooyoung patted her head.  

"Tomorrow?”  

“Yes, are you busy?” Jiwoo pouted.  

“No. Tomorrow’s my birthday.”  

Her roommates gasped. “Holy, why didn’t you tell us before? Well, it doesn't matter, we’re definitely going! We’ll party until the sun rises!” Jiwoo threw her arms in the air, making a smile appear on Chaewon’s lips.  

"That’s amazing! I'm gonna call Haseul and tell them to come with us!" Sooyoung fetched her phone from her pocket.  

“I will call a friend too, her birthday was a few days ago, maybe we can all party together,” Chaewon added, feeling actually excited.  

“The more the merrier!” 

--- 

Even though it was her birthday, Chaewon still had classes, and she couldn’t slack off from her studies because of that. She was already going to the party later, anyway. And going out on a Friday night to have fun with her friends and forget about her problems. Seemed great!  

What could go wrong?  

Chaewon didn't know if that was a tasteless joke, or the whole universe was against her, but Son Hyejoo had just walked in the party, followed by Jungeun, Jinsol, and Choerry 

"Jiwoo." Chaewon turned to her friend, or enemy, she didn't know anymore. "Why did you call Hyejoo? I thought I was supposed to clear my head. It’s not the first time you do this."  

"What?" Jiwoo frowned, her eyes wandering around. "I didn't do it."  

"I did!" Yeojin, Haseul’s roommate said, waving at the group. "Choerry!"  

The four of them turned and Hyejoo met Chaewon's eyes, her eyebrows and corner of her lips raising.  

"Gowon.” Hyejoo stood in front of her. "I didn't expect to find you here."  

"Me neither," Chaewon blurted.  

"You don't seem happy to see me."  

More like to see Choerry 

Why was she feeling like this all of a sudden about her again, though? 

"I-I thought you were more of a bar type." Chaewon gulped.  

"Why, you don’t fancy me a dancer?" Hyejoo winked at her. "What about you?"  

Should she tell her it was her birthday?  

"Sooyoung and Jiwoo invited me to come with them, so why not." Chaewon tried to sound casual.  

"And what a good decision you took. I'm gonna go grab a drink, want something?"  

A drink to forget the fact that the whole point of that night, and her birthday, was ruined?  

"Uh, no, thank you. At least not yet."  

Hyejoo nodded and walked towards the bar, as Chaewon turned and closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath.  

Sooyoung rubbed her arm and pulled her into their conversation so she wouldn't be left alone in her misery. 

As they were introducing themselves to Chaewon, she found out Haseul was Jiwoo’s senior in her major, and Yeojin was Choerry’s best friend. Yeojin was the youngest among of all them, and by her best friend's words, "She's a ing prodigy man. Engineering senior at Harvard by age 19?! Only Im Yeojin." 

"I'm sure it has happened before, though," Jungeun said. 

"How can you be so sure, was it you?" Choerry looked at Jungeun, her cheeks puffing as she glared at her. 

“No, I don’t give a about Engineering. I’m on a mission to be the iest accountant in existence.” Jungeun shrugged. “I don’t have to be top of the class for that.” 

“Pretty sure there’s been people younger than me graduating here, though,” Yeojin said. 

“Don’t downplay your achievements, Yeojin!” Choerry patted her back and turned to the others. “She’s just too humble, unlike some other people.” 

“It’s not as if Jungeun has no reason to brag, or something.” Jiwoo wiggled her eyebrows at Jungeun. 

“Yep.” Haseul high-fived Jiwoo.  

Jungeun, who had previously looked so confident, was now stuttering for an answer. She was saved by the sound of mic feedback. 

"Ladies and gentlemen!" A loud and piercing voice echoed in the room, making both girls look ahead to where a man spoke in the mic. "Welcome to our Friday salsa night! We're about to start the real fun, so find your partner and get ready!"  

A-A what? 

When Chaewon looked to her side, she found Hyejoo right next to her, so close their arms touched. She met her eyes that were already on her, as Hyejoo smiled.  

The nonexistent distance between them made Chaewon's knees wobble. Hyejoo wore that red lipstick that made her lips even more beautiful and kis-  

"May I have the honor of having you as my partner?"  

Chaewon heard Choerry’s voice. Hyejoo accepted her request, giving Chaewon a wink before pulling Choerry to the center of the dance floor.  

For real? Did Hyejoo accept it without even asking Chaewon if she wanted to be her partner for whatever was going to happen?  

She watched as Jungeun approached Jiwoo, asking her the same question. Chaewon could swear she saw Jungeun's eyebrow twitch when Jiwoo said she already was with Sooyoung. 

"Wanna dance?" Jungeun asked her, and for a second Chaewon wondered if she should accept.  

"S-Sorry Jungeun, I don't dance."  

If it wasn't with Hyejoo, she wouldn't.  

Chaewon observed as Jungeun walked to Haseul and extended her a hand. Haseul smiled and accepted her request, letting Jungeun guide her to the dance floor. 

And that was how Chaewon ended up alone on the night of her birthday. She wanted to have fun with her friends, but they were the ones having fun dancing with each other. Great.  

"Chaewon!" She turned at the call.  

Was that the savior her Lord sent to save her, by the name of Kim Hyunjin?  

"Oh, Hyunjin." Chaewon almost ran to her. "I have company now, thank you so much."  

"Weren't you coming with your roommates?"  

"Yes, but look at them dancing and completely forgetting I exist." Chaewon pouted. "And you, came alone?"  

"Well, actually." Hyunjin bit back a grin, scratching her neck and looking around. "No, but she’ll be right here, she went to the toilet. How are you and Hyejoo and-- isn’t that her?”  

“Dancing with Choerry? Yes. Can you believe it? I just wanted to have fun and forget about everything for a while and she’s here?”  

“Well, seems like destiny’s trying to tell you something.”  

Chaewon sighed. “I still don’t know what to do. I’m still as confused as I was, maybe even more.”  

“Did you ask her to dance?”  

Chaewon opened to answer but was interrupted.  

“Hi.” A voice Chaewon had never heard said, but as she turned to her, she recognized the beautiful girl Hyunjin went on a date with.  

"Oh, here you are. Chaewon, this is Heejin," Hyunjin said, and Chaewon gave her a quick bow. "My girlfriend."  

Hyunjin grabbed Heejin's hand and shot the biggest ear to ear grin Chaewon had seen on her face, almost squealing. Heejin smiled, looking down and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. They looked so cute they seemed like a couple from a drama.  

"Omo, c-congrats!" The date went well, Chaewon could see. "You look great together."  

"I think so too," Heejin said, making Hyunjin's face go red in a second.  

“It’s perfect, right? Like she’s the beautiful and girlish, while I’m the cool and-”  

“And the crybaby.”  

“Yah, Jeon Heejin, why are you exposing me like that?”  

“She’s also the lame one, and-”  

“I have a reputation to keep!” Hyunjin placed a finger on her lips, her face getting even redder, making Chaewon giggle at the scene.  

“It’s okay, I won’t tell anyone.” Chaewon winked at Heejin, and Hyunjin whined.  

“Let’s dance?” Heejin asked her girlfriend, who looked at Chaewon.  

“Go ahead, I’ll be fine. I’ll grab a drink or something.” She smiled at them. “Have fun.”  

Chaewon walked towards the bar to ask for a drink, but she poured herself a glass of water instead.  

She leaned against the wall, a long sigh escaping her lips. A few seconds later, a random guy approached and asked her to dance with him. She refused, as polite as she could be, and frowned when he turned around. Did people ask strangers to dance like that?  

She asked herself what she was doing there. While Sooyoung and Jiwoo, the ones who suggested the idea, had the time of their lives, dancing and kissing in the middle of the dance floor, she was abandoned. She should have stayed home. At least she would be studying and doing something productive.  

Her eyes scanned her surroundings until she found Hyejoo still dancing with Choerry. Chaewon didn't like how that made her feel.  

Why did everything have to go bad for her on her birthday, and when she was supposed to go out and have fun?  

She was about to walk outside, but Hyejoo stepped in front of her.  

"Having fun?" She teased.  

"Tons." Chaewon rolled her eyes.  

"Wanna dance?"  

"Nah, you can go back to Choerry, I bet she's missing you already."  

"Holy , did it work?" Hyejoo widened her eyes.  

"What?"  

"Did it work? You’re jealous?"  

Chaewon stared up at her. "Are you serious, Son Hyejoo?"  

"Yes!" Hyejoo jumped like a little kid excited to get a lollipop. "It was genius, right?"  

Chaewon scoffed. "Are you ten?"  

Hyejoo shrugged. "At least it worked. I could see it in your face."  

"What if you're right?"  

Hyejoo laughed and leaned on the wall next to her, their arms touching, making Chaewon look at her again.  

"I know I am," Hyejoo said. "And you seem bored to death."  

"Because I am. This was a bad idea. Sooyoung and Jiwoo were the ones telling me to come tonight so I could clear up my mind, but look at them, they're the ones having fun."  

"To clear up your mind?"  

Chaewon held her breath. "I-I mean, some time to have fun and not think about..."  

"Are you trying to forget about it?" Hyejoo asked, her voice becoming lower under the loud music.  

"No! I don't want to forget about it, that's not what I meant."  

"Then, what is it? I don't wanna push it, Gowon, I just want to understand if I can help."  

"I don't know, that's the problem." Chaewon gulped. "I don't know what to do, to think, I don't know what can help, I sound like a broken record and it's frustrating."  

"Let me try to help." Hyejoo stepped in front of her and closed the distance between their bodies, pushing Chaewon against the wall. "You can't forget about it, you still think about it, you liked it, and you want it again. Am I right?"  

Chaewon always felt like her knees would collapse every time Hyejoo towered over her, looking down at her with such intensity in her eyes. And she felt even more frustrated because that was all true and there was no way she could deny it.  

Groaning in frustration, she grabbed Hyejoo's hands.  

"Let's get out of here." She walked towards the exit, pushing her way through the sea of people and dragging Hyejoo with her.  

"Where?"  

"Your house." 

---

A/N: much for taking time to think about everything, Chaewon... c':

2jin is official now and the last characters, Haseul and Yeojin joined the story! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and thank you so much for your constant support and comments, I makes me so happy to know that not only you're enjoying it, but you also can relate to it ^-^

And I wonder what's gonna happen next....... kekekeke