Skyline

More Than Friends

She always came to the Han river whenever she needed inspiration for her art assignments. She checks her watch and sees that it is only 11am. There weren’t too many people out considering it was a Saturday morning. 

Seulgi walks toward a shaded tree and throws her bag on the ground before plopping herself down in the grass. She pulls out her sketchbook and flips through it before stopping on a drawing from last weekend. 

It was a girl who was busking by the water. Seulgi remembers seeing several people gather around her as the singer strummed her guitar. 

Luckily for her, the girl was facing her direction and Seulgi was able to get a quick sketch. 

She frowns at her drawing knowing it didn’t quite show off how beautiful the girl actually was. She needed more time to fully capture her features. She wonders if she’ll get a chance to see her again today. 

Seulgi shakes the thought away and flips to a new page and begins drawing out a skyline of the buildings across the water. 

She’s deep into her sketch when she hears a familiar voice. 

Sure enough the girl is here again. 

She is wearing a beige sweater this time with black jeans. Her short hair began blowing in the wind as she set up her microphone. 

Once complete, she pulls out her guitar and begins to tune it. 

Seulgi watches as the girl pulls out what looks to be music sheets and strums her guitar lightly and checks her sound. 

As she warms up her voice Seulgi remembers what she wanted to do. She quickly flips to a new page and begins sketching. 

She carefully draws the round glasses and sparkling eyes. She takes the time to fill in her full lips and bright smile. She also sees the slight dimple when the girl laughs at the cheers from the crowd.  

After tens of songs, Seulgi looks up and holds out her finished sketch just as the girl sings her last note. She thanks the crowd and begins packing up. 

Seulgi quickly does the same.  

Just as the girl puts her guitar away Seulgi stops in front of her and awkwardly coughs.

She singer looks up and Seulgi nearly swoons, “Hi?” 

Seulgi’s throat suddenly goes dry, “H-hi.” 

She raises an eyebrow, “Can I help you?” 

“Oh right!” 

Seulgi opens her sketchbook and slowly rips out her drawing and hands it to the petite girl.  

The girl hesitantly takes the piece of paper and her eyes widen as she looks back at Seulgi. 

“Is this me?” 

Seulgi feels the heat rush to her face, “Yeah.” 

“Why?” 

Seulgi bites the inside of her cheek, “I just had to.” 

The girl looks back down at the paper before looking back up and pointing at a signature, “Kang Seulgi, is that your name?”  

Seulgi nods.  

The girl smiles, “I’m Son Seungwan. Nice to meet you.” 

She reaches out her hand to which Seulgi grabs and smiles, “Seungwan...nice to meet you too.”