Late Nights

More Than Friends

A/N: For Ja, happy belated birthday again. 

--

Seulgi huffs when climbs into bed and settles in the spot near the wall. She turns to look at the space on her left and finds herself frowning. Even though she only had a twin bed, it felt especially big and empty tonight. 

Seungwan was out drinking with her Korean American friends and no, she was not upset that Seungwan didn't invite her. In fact, she turned down the offer because she knew the group would be speaking English most of the time and as good as she was at ordering from food trucks in foreign countries, she couldn't keep up a regular conversation.

No, she was upset because it had only been a few weeks since they had all returned to the dorm and Seulgi was getting used to having Seungwan back again.

She looks at her phone and notes that it's already 12:30 am. She didnt know when the girl would be home or if the girl would even be coming to her room later, but she couldn't bring herself to spread out.  So instead, she turns to the wall and tries to get comfortable. 

She closes her eyes and thinks of other things. She has to go to dance practice tomorrow, go on a hiking trip in two days and there was a bakery she was planning on visiting next weekend.

'Baking...'

She groans as her mind drifts back to Seungwan. She thinks for a few minutes and sits up in her bed.

"Should I text her?"

She chews her bottom lip, "No, she should be allowed to have fun."

She lays down, but shoots back up a few seconds later, "But I should check if she's okay right?"

She shakes her head and slides back down, "She's fine."

She pulls her pillow and puts it over her face. 'Go to sleep Seulgi-yah. You'll see her in the morning.' She moves the pillow and checks her phone one last time before turning to face the wall again. 

What feels like an hour passes before her eyes start to get heavy and then finally, she falls asleep.

--

*Thud*

Seulgi furrows her brows and opens her eyes when she feels her bed dip and something or rather someone lands next to her. 

She's confused and tries to turn around but stops when a pair of cold arms wrap around her waist and pull her close. A mix of vanilla and alcohol instantly hit her nostrils and she knows who it is. 

The girl nuzzles her face into Seulgi’s back, but not before placing a chaste kiss on the nape of her neck. 

“Seungwan?” Her voice is groggy and she tries to wipe the sleep out of her eyes

“Mmmm....” 

The girl moves her hands up Seulgi's shirt and scratches along her stomach. 

“What time is it?”

“Tree”

“What?”

“Treeeeeee” Seungwan giggles and places another kiss on her cheek. 

Seulgi raises an eyebrow, “Are you saying three? How much did you have to drink tonight?”

The hand leaves her abdomen and shoots up. It's dark, but there's a small sliver of light shining in from her window. 

She squints and sees 4 fingers in the air.  

“FOUR?”

She turns around and looks at Seungwan. Her cheeks are flushed and she has a crooked grin on her face. She’s about to reprimand her, but Seungwan leans in and places a kiss on her nose. 

She laughs and brings her hands up to pat her cheeks, "Soooooo cute ddeulgi."

Seulgi feels the heat rise in her face and when she opens her mouth to speak, Seungwan moves her hand to cover , “Shhh, time, sleep, now”

She stares at the girl in shock and tries to open again, but Seungwan removes her hand and replaces it with her lips instead.

Her brain short circuits and it takes her a few seconds to register the kiss.

It's sloppy, but it's also soft, sweet, warm and...it's Seungwan. She feels her entire body heat up as the remnants of sleep finally leave. The feelings of jealousy and frustration from earlier melt away when teeth tug on her bottom lips. She opens and a gentle tongue enters and caresses hers. She tastes the soju and feels intoxicated. 

When they part, Seulgi's brain is slightly hazy and she sees Seungwan’s lips curl up knowing that she's been forgiven. The lips then move to trail down her neck as fingers travel up her shirt again.

Seulgi closes her eyes expecting the hand to land on her chest, but when they suddenly stop along her rib cage, she opens her eyes. That’s when she notices the kisses have stopped as well.

She looks down and holds back a chuckle when she finds that the girl had fallen asleep in the crook of her neck. 

Soft snores leave Seungwan’s mouth and Seulgi shakes her head. She lifts her hand to move a few strands of hair away from the girl's face and admires how peaceful the petite girl looked. She thinks she could stare at her face all day if given the chance. 

After a few minutes, she reaches down to pull the girl's hand out of her shirt, but Seungwan intertwines their fingers instead. The action makes her heart swell and Seulgi leans down to place a kiss on her forehead. She smiles against the warm skin and whispers, "I love you."

She adjusts their position so that they're more comfortable and uses her free hand to pull the blanket up. A content sigh leaves the girl's lips as she moves in closer. 

Seulgi closes her eyes again and even though she's wide awake, she knows sleeps will come faster this time because Seungwan is finally home.