Passport

More Than Friends

For my friend @paboseulgi 

--

"You can't blame her you know."

"She always does this."

"I mean she just wants to be like her mommy."

"Well she has a long way to go."

"I thought it was pretty good."

Seulgi stops the car, pulls out her passport and opens it to her photo page, "YOU THINK THIS IS GOOD??"

Seungwan has to hold back a snort and reminds herself to buy Yeri ice cream after daycare. 

Next to her wife's flawless passport photo was something out of a horror movie. "Seulgi's" hair was green, her eyes were lopsided and her nose was much too big for her head. 

"Is this funny to you? I'm hideous!" Seulgi groans as she sits back. 

Seungwan takes the passport and holds it up next to her wife, "I mean if you squint reallllllllly hard..."

The older girl shakes her head, "What am I going to do? I don't have enough time to get another passport for our trip next week."

"It's okay. We can always go next time."

Seulgi pouts, "But the cherry blossoms only bloom once a year."

Seungwan reaches out and holds Seulgi's hand, "Then we'll go next year."

She knows that the older girl has been planning this trip for weeks now. They had been so busy these past few months and after a lot of begging, they had finally found Yeri a babysitter and were both able to get time off from work. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Japan isn't the only place with cherry blossoms. We have them here too."

"They're not as pretty though."

"But the girl I'm going to be with is."

Seulgi looks at her wife and if she wasn't so in love she would have cringed at the greasy comment. She leans in for a kiss and catches another glimpse of the drawing.

She takes the small book and holds it up, "I guess it's alright."

Seungwan laughs, "Our little Picasso in the making."

Seulgi smiles and shakes her head, "Yeah."

She looks at the passport one more time before putting it away and thinks that maybe she didn't need to travel anyways since every day in the Kang-Shon household was an adventure in its own.