Chasing pavements

More Than Friends

“Do you still love me?”

“Of course Seungwan, but you and I both know it hasn’t been working for a few months now. I’m always traveling on business trips and you spend all your time in the office preparing for cases. We haven’t been on the same page for awhile and I want to end this before we end up resenting each other.”  

“So you’re just walking away?” 

Seulgi sighs and runs her fingers through her hair, “Please Seungwan. It’s not like that.”

“Then tell me Seul, what is it like? What do you want from me? Have you even considered trying to work it out? Have you thought about talking to me. You know I would’ve tried to make it work.”

“Wan-ah...”

Seulgi reaches out to touch Seungwan, but the smaller girl takes a step back. 

“No. If it’s that easy for you to give up all that we’ve built over 6 years, then it’s not worth it...you’re not worth it.”

Seungwan picks up her bag and reaches for the door knob, “I’ll send for my things.”

And with that she was out the door. 

“Thank you.” 

Seungwan grabs her coffee and turns to walk out the shop when her she catches a familiar figure sitting at a table across the room from the corner of her eye. 

She sets her drink down to add cream and sugar as the song on the radio changes. 

‘Should I give up or should I keep chasing pavements, even if it leads no where...’

Seungwan closes the lid of her coffee cup and walks out the door. She takes a few steps and turns back to see Seulgi animatedly chatting with another girl. 

She thought she was in love all these years but maybe she had just been chasing something that was never going to be hers. 

Seungwan takes a deep breath, turns away and continues down the street.