Silence

More Than Friends

"How did you know?"

"Huh?" Seungwan looks up from her phone to see Joy staring at her.

"Seulgi. How did you know she was the one?"

Seungwan puts her phone down and raises an eyebrow, "Why?"

Joy lets out an exasperated sigh, "I'm thinking about proposing to Irene, but you know how I get with these things. I can see our future together, but how do I know for sure that we actually belong together?"

"You're overthinking this."

"Am I? What if I'm wrong. What if she's the one for me, but I'm not the one for her?"

Seungwan thinks for a moment before speaking, "Have you ever had those moments with Irene where you didn't have to tell her how you were feeling, but she just knew? Like you were having a bad day and her presence alone was enough to comfort you and you just knew it was going to be okay without her saying so."

"Yeah..."

"I felt that way about her. We didn't need to speak for us to have an entire conversation. That's how I knew with Seulgi, and I think you know too.

Joy lips slowly curl into a smile and she nods, "I guess I have some ring shopping to do."

--

Seungwan opens the door to her apartment and before she can even set her keys down, a pair of arms wrap around her waist and she can't help but lean into them.

After a few seconds, she feels a peck on her cheek. 

She smiles and turns around to see Seulgi beaming at her.

"Hey."

"Hey."

The arms finally loosen around her and move down to hold her hands and play with the ring on her finger.

"How's Joy?"

"I think we'll be getting a wedding invitation soon."

Seulgi's eyes open widely, "Really? Is that what she wanted to talk about?"

Seungwan nods and leads Seulgi over to the sofa before laying down and pulling the girl with her. She moves one hand to play with the strands of hair falling out of the girl's bun and basks in the warmth.

"She asked me how I knew you were the one."

Seulgi trails her fingers up Seungwan's shirt and begin to draw circles lazily, "And what did you say?"

"I told her I knew I was in love with you when we sat in silence."

"Huh?" Seulgi stops and turns her head to look at Seungwan who just smiles. 

"Do you remember how in college you would invite me to get bubble tea and we would just sit in your car for hours after. Sometimes we would talk and other times you would just sit there with me just so I wouldn't be alone. I didn't mention it, but you knew I was having a hard time being away from home. You showed me what it meant to love someone without having to say it."

Seulgi looks at her and slowly lifts her hand to carress Seungwan's cheeks before gently pulling the girl in. She places a soft kiss on her lips and Seungwan thinks, they really didn't need words to express how they felt and she liked that. 

--

A/N: A little soft, but inspired by the song silence by before you exit.