Mean it

More Than Friends

Seulgi wakes up to a loud knock on her front door and picks up her phone and winces at the brightness. She internally groans at the 1:30 am flashing on her screen and reluctantly rolls out of her bed and walks toward the door. 

She looks through the peep hole and sighs before turning the knob to find Wendy barely able to stand. She steps aside to let the girl into her apartment before closing the door and following as she wobbles her way to Seulgi's bedroom. She kicks off her shoes and crawls into her bed as if she owned it and Seulgi can't help but sigh.

Instead of kicking Wendy out, she picks up the covers and climbs in next to the girl.

She turns to watch her chest rise and fall rapidly before slowing down and sure enough a series of small snores come seconds later.

Seulgi shuts her eyes and is lulled to sleep by the soft sounds.

--

When she wakes up the next morning, her bed is empty and her room feels a little colder. 

She turns to see a sticky note on her nightstand, "Sorry about last night, I got into a fight with Irene. Thanks for not pushing me off the bed ^^ "

Seulgi reaches out to pick up the note and crumples it. She assumes Irene must have texted Wendy a heartfelt apology and the girl was back in her arms. Although she expected it, she doesn't miss the disappointment washing over her.

It feels like dejavú. 

She doesn't remember exactly when the girl started showing up, but she does remember when the girl started to take a piece of her whenever she left.

At first it was just drunken phone calls whenever her and Irene argued, but then it progressed to the girl showing up uninvited at all hours of the night. She would simply talk until she tired herself out and eventually fell asleep. Then, there was one night when she came stumbling in and Wendy suddenly kisses her and had it not been for the lingering taste of alcohol and cigarettes, Seulgi would have let herself believe it was something more.

It happens a few more times and each time Seulgi is all too willing. She knows she should end whatever it was between them, but here she was continuing to welcome Wendy with open arms because even if the girl wasn't, Seulgi was all in.

Suddenly her phone rings, stopping her train of thoughts. She reaches over to shut off the alarm and maybe it's wishful thinking, but she hopes that there will be a day when Wendy kisses her, and she means it.

--

A/N: sorry, this a sad one; inspired by mean it by lauv and lany

p.s. Might write a happy ending if ppl want it