Leap of Faith 1/?

More Than Friends

Wendy holds up the Polaroid and compares it to the view in front of her. 

The mountains in the photo have a little more snow than they do now, but it wasn't anything short of breathtaking. The grass is just as green and the water flowed for miles.

She puts the photo in her pocket and closes her eyes. 

The weather is just like how she said it would be.

The wind blows and she feels the breeze through her sweater. A small shiver travels down her spine, but it is more refreshing than chilling.

For the first time in years, she feels like she can finally breathe.

"Excuse me?"

Her eyes open as she turns to the direction of the voice.

Standing in front of her is a girl wearing a tan dress with a black beret. Around her neck sits a camera that looks much older than she is. 

"Hmm?"

"Do...you...korean?"

Wendy has to stifle a chuckle that is rising in . She finds the broken English rather endearing.

She nods and watches as the girl's face suddenly lights up. 

"I knew it! I'm so sorry, but I'm lost. Can you help me?"

She pulls out her phone and shows it to Wendy, "I was trying to get here, but I must have turned a wrong corner. I'm really not good with maps."

Wendy takes the phone and zooms in, "Oh I actually just came from there."

She points, "You have to keep walking straight and then make a left. When you see the bakery, you just turn right."

She hands the phone back and expects the girl to leave, but she doesn't.

Instead, she's bites her lower lip and furrows her brow, "Do you actually mind taking me? I'm sorry. I just don't want to get lost again."

Wendy raises her eyebrow. Alarms are going off about stranger danger, but then then again, how dangerous could this girl who looked like a teddy bear be?

"Sure."

Her face lights up again, "Really? Thank you!"

Wendy nods and leads the way. 

As they walk, there's a voice in Wendy's head echoing, 'Life always begins with one step outside of your comfort zone.'