Chapter 9

Bittersweet Crimes | Seulyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene leaned back on the wall and closed her eyes, sighing as the cell room was practically eating her and the girls alive.

“When I get out..” Joy stated tiredly and leaned back on the opposite wall, facing Irene. “I’m going to grab a chopstick, and stab Kai one hundred times.”

“Chopsticks?” Irene asked, “why not a knife?”

“I think he’ll die after just one stab. I haven’t seen a person suffer for five days now and I think seeing him die slowly may make up for it,” Joy told her and pondered on the thought. “Or what if I throw thirty forks at him?”

“You’re sounding like a real psychopath right now,” Wendy told Joy with a disgusted look on her face.

“She is a psychopath,” Yeri pointed out. “That’s why she became the perfect hitman. Also, if you want my opinion I think you should stick to the machete,” she then told Joy.

“Isn’t our dinner coming soon?” Irene mumbled, changing the subject as her stomach growled for the fifth time this evening.

“It’s here in five minutes,” Wendy told her and soon silence took over the cell room once again. Being in a cell for five days without any other human contact resulted in the girls running out of topics to talk about, which then also resulted in total silence during the days. And that only drove them more crazy.

“I wonder who Seulgi’s working with,” Yeri then thought out loud, breaking the silence. “There can’t be many people, right?”

“The only people who know about her true identity are Blackpink, TWICE, Minhyuk, Jay, Taemin, and those NCT guys Wendy told us about.” Irene briefly summarised.

“And we can take out Blackpink and TWICE from the list… And I don’t think she and Taemin are on any good terms anymore.” Yeri added.

“She probably works with NCT but has asked Minhyuk and Jay for help with vehicles and drugs.” Wendy informed and Yeri nodded.

“I don’t think she would need Jay’s help though,” she commented. “What could he do?”

“He could give her drugs that could kill the guys from NCT. We don’t know if we can trust them to keep our identities a secret so she may have to kill them off.” Joy told her. “If I know Jay right he might also have asked Seulgi if he could crash our bunker.”

“We’ll just have to wait and see what ha-”

“Shut up,” Irene whispered to Wendy as she saw three guards approaching their cell, carrying trays with food.

“Yes, finally! I was starving!” Yeri exclaimed as the guards placed the trays inside the glass box attached to their cell door.

Joy furrowed her eyebrows as she noticed a new guard that she hadn’t seen before. Not that she had seen all the guards in the building in just five days, but there were always the same guards that came with their dinner.

She kept her eyes on the guard as he placed the last two trays in the glass box before closing it. He quickly averted his eyes to her and smirked before winking at her. As much as Joy wanted to smile, she kept a poker face as he turned away and walked away with the other guards.

“Did they get a new guard?” Wendy then asked as she opened the glass box and took out the five trays.

“Don’t eat the food,” Joy ordered them and walked to the trays, grabbing a pair of chopsticks and taking out some rice from the a bowl.

“What are you doi-?” Yeri asked but stopped as she saw the white pill and a piece of paper laying in the rice.

“What’s that?” Wendy asked and Joy smiled.

“I knew I recognized that guy,” she muttered and looked for the drugs in the other rice bowls. “LKC5.”

“What kind of drug is that?” Irene asked.

“It’s a secret poison, when consumed it causes dizziness followed by a heart attack.” Yeri informed them and grabbed the piece of paper and opened it. “Consume on the twenty eighth of August my loves,” she read out loud and Wendy widened her eyes.

“Who the hell put it there!?” she hissed and Joy collected the five pills.

“Seulgi asked Jay to give us the drugs,” she stated calmly.

“What?” Irene said.

“Does she want to kill us?” Wendy asked.

“No,” Yeri told them with a light scoff. “This is part of her plan.”

“By giving us heart attacks?” Irene asked her and Yeri nodded.

“If we consume the drugs the guards have to take us to the emergency room which will make it easier for Seulgi to get us out.”

“Won’t we die before that even happens?” Wendy asked.

“We will, temporarily,” Yeri told her. “We have to trick Kai that we are dead.”

“And how the hell do you expect us to just come back to life? Did Seulgi think that through?” Irene asked, worry written all over her face and her voice.

“If Jay gave us the drugs he must have given the antidote to Seulgi. She has to inject us with the antidote within ten minutes after we consume the drug, or else, we’re really dead. And from what I know, it’ll take about five minutes for our hearts to stop beating, and the paramedics will then have to report us as dead. They’ll cover our bodies and leave the room and that’s when Seulgi strikes and injects the antidote into our bodies.” Joy explained.

————————————————

Seulgi winced as she rolled to to the side, enduring the instant pain in her ribs for what felt like the hundredth time this night. “Three days my ,” she groaned, feeling like her recovery needed at least three months. She reached for the bottle with painkillers on her bedside table and suddenly felt a sharp pain in her wrist as she put pressure on it while trying to sit up. She opened the bottle and sighed irritatedly when she realised she didn’t have any water on hand.

“I was hungry anyway,” she mumbled and got up from her bed, heading out of the bedroom with the bottle of painkillers in her hand. As she took one step outside of her room she heard phone vibrations behind her. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked back, seeing the bright screen on her phone that laid on the floor. A tired sigh escaped her lips and she walked back into her room, closing the door again before going to pick up her phone.

“Why the hell is he calling me now?” she muttered as she looked at the caller ID before answering.

“Are you dumb?” she hissed softly and rubbed her eyes. “It’s 2am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter