Chapter 14

Bittersweet Crimes | Seulyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai leaned forward on the table, resting his chin on his clasped hands. The bright computer screen made him shut his eyes and he felt them getting watery. He had been replaying the same video clip over and over again, observing the two chinese men who robbed a jewelry shop last week.

“NCT,” he mumbled. “My favorite boys.”

A yawn escaped his mouth and he turned off the screen before grabbing a few documents from the big pile of papers that sat on the table. His thumbs flicked through a few pages and he stopped at Xiao Dejun’s file.

“Hey, Kai!”

He looked up from the paper and his attention was now on Chen who barged into his office.

“What?” he spoke tiredly, averting his eyes back to the file.

“You know those Red Velvet girls?” Chen asked and Kai stayed quiet, indicating for him to continue.

“Don’t you think we should at least let them out to the backyard? They haven’t gone out from the building in almost three weeks and they’re starting to look really pale and sick.”

“Chen..” Kai spoke and put his hands on Chen’s shoulders. “Are you catching some type of, reversed Stockholm Syndrome?” he asked with a concerned tone.

Chen furrowed his eyebrows at him and shook his head slowly.

“Then let them stay in their cells, yeah?” Kai encouraged him with a big smile and walked back to his deck, placing the documents back on the table. “Keep a good eye on them while I’m gone,” he then said and fixed his tie.

“Where are you going?” Chen asked and Kai turned to him with a small smirk.

“To Vegas, baby.”

——————————————

Seulgi hurried down the stairs as she scribbled a few words on the wrapper before wrapping it around the burgers.

“They won’t get sick, right?” she murmured to herself and furrowed her eyebrows, noticing that there were some traces of ink on the buns. She shrugged her shoulders and opened the door to the cell room. The room was dark since there were no windows and the lights were out but she could see the three girls stand up in an instant as she walked in.

“Are you going to leave?” Miyeon asked her worryingly. “Because if you do, we’re going to be dead before you come back.”

“I will not let you die, okay?” Seulgi stated seriously and the lights before putting the wrapped burgers in the glass box along with some juice boxes. “You can’t die before you help me,” she then thought.

“How are you so sure?” Soojin questioned her.

“Because of her,” Seulgi replied and pointed at the tired Yuqi who sat in the same corner of the room. It seemed like she had claimed that part of the cell as hers.

“Me?” she pointed at herself and tilted her head, causing her hair to fall down on her face.

“I asked Lucas to look after you girls and I think you could become his soft spot,” Seulgi explained and Yuqi ran her fingers through her hair, getting her curly, brown hair out of her face.

“So basically,” Soojin crossed her arms. “She has to seduce him?”

“Not seduce,” Seulgi said and articulated the last word dramatically. “But yes, kinda.”

“Is Lucas the guy with the dimples?” Yuqi asked her and a frown appeared on Seulgi’s face. The question really made her think.

“Well… I mean sometimes he has it, I think. In that case there are two people who have dimples.”

“Is Lucas the korean guy?” Yuqi guessed and Seulgi quickly shook her head.

“No, it’s not him,” she told her.

“Crap,” she heard Yuqi whisper and couldn’t help but snicker. Jaehyun was the gang’s manipulator and seducer as well.

“Okay but what do Soojin and I do? They could cut our throats open while Lucas runs away with Yuqi to a tropical island,” Miyeon complained and Seulgi grabbed the metal bars and looked reassuringly at Miyeon.

“I’m not going to let that happen,” she ensured.

“And how are we supposed to help you when you’re gone?” Miyeon asked her.

“In the juice-”

“Jisoo!”

Seulgi widened her eyes as she heard Taeyong’s voice from outside and quickly pointed at the juice boxes.

“Juice, burner phone. Use it only at night and hide it under the mattress,” she whispered hurriedly and then pointed at the burgers. “Burgers, instructions and questions. Remember it, flush it down the toilet.”

Miyeon stared at her for a few seconds before exhaling the air loudly through her nose. “Clear.”

Seulgi smiled at them before stepping back, changing her expression to an irritated one. “Show some ing gratefulne-”

“Jisoo!” she heard the door burst open and could already feel Taeyong’s impatience dropping her mood.

“Did you really have to pick these stubborn es?” she complained and turned around to him. 

“You were the one who wanted to keep them here. Already changed your mind?” he smirked at her while leaning on the door frame.

“Yes please, they’re getting on my nerves,” she sighed and walked towards him.

“Nah, I’ll keep them here until you’re done with your duty. That way you’ll know how I feel whenever you’re around,” he and she rolled her eyes.

“Can you two just get the out so we can eat our food in peace?!” Soojin suddenly snapped at them, causing Seulgi to take a very deep breath and rub her temples.

“Let’s just go,” she spoke and heard Taeyong giggle at her.

“I don’t see why you’re so disturbed, you are just like them,” he stated as a matter of fact and she shot him a look before walking out of the room and up the stairs.

“I am not!” she defended herself and looked over her shoulder, seeing him close the door before walking up behind her.

“Fine,” he whispered which caused her to raise an eyebrow. Did his energy levels just drop dra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter