Chapter 8

Bittersweet Crimes | Seulyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong sipped on his beer as he walked towards the finishing line, watching Seulgi on the big TV screen placed on the tall building in front of him. “She’s good,” he mumbled as he watched her finish the first obstacle.

“She truly is.”

Taeyong shifted his head to the side and saw a familiar face, “a member of the Monsta X Crew, am I right?” he then asked the familiar guy.

“Minhyuk,” Minhyuk briefly stated and took out his hand for a bro shake.

“Taeyong.”

“Do you know, Jisoo?” Taeyong then asked him before turning his gaze back to the TV screen. Minhyuk glanced at Taeyong for a second and his lips curled up into an almost unnoticeable smile. “So this guy is your helper now, Seulgi?” he thought.

“Unfortunately,” Minhyuk sighed and Taeyong chuckled at him.

“I’ve only known her for a few days and she’s already a pain in the , a feisty one. Tell me, does it get better or worse from here?” Taeyong curiously asked before letting out a small laugh.

“Depends on how you treat her,” Minhyuk told him and Taeyong smirked.

“She’s tough and y, but I have to admit she looks fine as hell.”

“Listen man,” Minhyuk started with a small smile, “this girl is hard to read and she don’t take from anyone. But, even if she’s acting like she’s better than everyone else, just know that she will always be by your side. She’s seriously one of the best persons I’ve met in my life, I trust her more than some of my members.”

“For real?” Taeyong raised his eyebrows, not wanting to match that type of personality to someone like her.

“I’ve never lied this much in my life,” Minhyuk thought before nodding. “I know it’s hard to believe, but that girl. She’s a keeper.”

“Wow,” Taeyong muttered and drank his beer. “Sounds like you two have a great relationship.”

Minhyuk shrugged his shoulders at Taeyongs comment, “we had a great relationship,” he stated bitterly and Taeyong shrugged his shoulders this time.

“Girls are complicated,” he said.

“How come you know her, by the way? She doesn’t have that many friends so I’m guessing that she hired you for a crime?” Minhyuk guessed and now it was Taeyong’s time to smile.

“You could say that we pretty much hired each other.”

Before Minhyuk or Taeyong could say anything more, they both averted their eyes to their side as the already loud cheers got even louder that it almost made their eardrums burst.

“What the hell is-” Minhyuk whined but soon widened his eyes as he saw Seulgi nearing the fire. But that wasn’t what scared him, it was her motorcycle.

“!” he called as he saw oil dripping from the bike. “JISOO WATCH OUT!!” he then yelled and felt a slight bump on his shoulder and noticed Taeyong running towards the motorcycles that were lined up by the finishing line and got on one.

Taeyong quickly started the engine and twisted the throttle, not even bothering to put on a helmet first. He turned the motorcycle around and drove past the fire as fast as he could, then seeing her coming his way. He twisted the throttle even more and drove towards her, his right arm stretched out. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, immediately jumping up from the motorcycle as he felt her body slam right into his arm and chest and they both flew up in the air.

As if everything was in slow motion, Seulgi quickly caught on with what was happening at the moment. She widened her eyes and felt the adrenaline just pumping throughout her whole body. She looked up at Taeyong who was holding on to her tightly and quickly noticed he wasn’t wearing a helmet. With a swift move, she managed to get out of his tight grip and wrapped her arms around his head, trying to protect it.

As their bodies neared the ground, she tried to twist her body a little to the side, making sure she would fall on her muscles instead of her bones to prevent injuries. She closed her eyes and prayed that the adrenaline in her body was enough for her to not feel the extreme pain from the fall. She kept her eyes closed and thought about other things that would distract herself, until a second later, when a loud explosion was heard coming from the behind them fire. Probably her motorcycle.

“,” she then groaned when she realised she finally laid still on the ground and wasn’t falling or rolling around on the ground anymore. She sighed out of relief and was thankful that something as wonderful as adrenaline existed.

“Oh... No wonder it didn’t hurt that much,” she heard Taeyong mumble as he realised he was on top of her. She furrowed her eyebrows and released her grip around his head, pushing him off of her body. He immediately stood up and helped her to stand up on her feet.

“No Sherlock! I was the one who took the fall!” she shouted at him and took of her helmet, immediately regretting it as the swift move made her feel a sharp pain in her ribs.

“Hey!” he exclaimed and grabbed her shoulders, moving her closer to him as the other races drove past them with the speed of light. He sighed and closed his eyes, already regretting everything.

“Are you okay?” he then asked her and checked her arms, seeing the cuts in her suit and a few burn marks.

“After that thing?! Are you seriously-”

“Are you okay?!” Taeyong asked again, this time with a louder voice which got Seulgi taken aback. She sighed and nodded her head. “Can you walk by yourself?” he asked her and she nodded her head again.

“Okay, good. Go to the finishing line, Minhyuk is standing there,” Taeyong told her and she immediately obeyed him.

He quickly gritted his teeth and turned around, spotting Shownu trying to get away in the crowd. “What the hell man?!” he shouted and ran up to him, grabbing his shoulder.

“What the was that?!” he yelled at Shownu. “Did you want her to die in the fire or something?!”

“Woah woah, Yong, calm down!” Shownu told him loudly. “I seriously don’t know what went wrong! I checked the motorcycle before giving it to Ten and everything was fine with it!”

“Don’t try to come up with excuses!” Taeyong cried, feeling his face getting hotter. “You better ing make up for this!”

“Alright, alright, man!” Shownu gave up. “What do you want?”

“That’s not important now, I’ll call you later,” Taeyong gritted his teeth and clenched his fists as he walked away from Shownu and back to the finishing line where Seulgi stood with Minhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter