Chapter 17

Bittersweet Crimes | Seulyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t know if I will ever meet you again… But if we do. I hope you will look me in the eye, and accept my apology.”

—————————————

Taeyong groaned as the bright sunlight hit his face and woke him up from his deep sleep. He sat up and rubbed his head, feeling the almost unbearable headache from his previous actions.

“What was in that whisky?” he mumbled to himself and leaned against the sofa edge.

“I don’t know, alcohol, maybe?”

His eyes opened slightly to see a blurred version of Seulgi standing in front of him. A small smile appeared on his face and his mouth let out a low chuckle.

“What’s the time?” he then asked and rubbed his eyes, now seeing his surroundings clearer. It seemed as if she had cleaned the living room because one thing that he remembered clearly from his drunk moments was the hamburger wrappers laying on the floor and the small spills of whisky on the table.

“Uhm… 13:34,” she answered as she checked the watch on her wrist.

“Damn,” he muttered and used the sofa as support as he stood up.

“Jaehyun will be here by three,” Seulgi then informed him and went to the bedroom, coming out a second later with two suitcases in her hands.

“Did you pack my things too?” he asked her and she furrowed her eyebrows at him.

“As if,” she scoffed and he rolled his eyes.

“You’re going to let me pack my bags while I’m hungover?” he argued and pointed at himself.

“You don’t look that hungover,” she shrugged and placed the suitcases by the hallway. “I heard drinking milk helps.”

“Do we have it?” he asked her and marched towards the kitchen.

“No,” he heard her say and rolled his eyes again. “Did you sleep on the wrong side?”

“I slept in the middle of the bed.”

Taeyong smiled at her answer and shook his head slightly. “This girl sure is something else,” he thought as he put a small capsule in the coffee machine and tapped his fingers on the counter as he waited.

“Hey you,” Seulgi said and leaned on the kitchen door and crossed her arms.

“Yeah?” he lifted his eyebrow and turned to her.

“Remember Minhyuk? The guy at-”

“Your ex?” he cut her off. “Yeah, I remember him.”

“Y-yeah,” Seulgi said quite awkwardly and nodded. “Well, I asked him earlier to prepare a helicopter and a yacht and he just texted me and asked where he should drop them off. Is it okay if I give him your address?”

Taeyong turned back to the coffee machine and picked up the small cup filled with hazelnut flavored coffee. With a smile he turned back to Seulgi and gave her a nod.

“I think it’s time we pay you back for your hard work.”

——————————————

Taeyong woke up startled and felt as if his cheek was burning. He looked up and saw Jaehyun looking at him, trying to hold in his laughter.

“Did you just hit me?” he gritted his teeth and pointed at his cheek.

“It was Jisoo,” Jaehyun quickly defended himself and pointed at Seulgi who had already run out of the helicopter and was on her way to the house.

“That ,” Taeyong muttered and took off his seatbelt.

“She actually tried to wake you up for a good five minutes before hitting you. You were sleeping pretty deep,” Jaehyun told him and they both walked back to the house as well.

“Well then you should have stopped her and let me sleep,” he whined and Jaehyun shrugged his shoulders. “Why didn’t you park the helicopter in the garage?” he then asked.

“Oh, it’s not ours. Some guy named Minhyuk dropped this off right before I was going to leave so I thought I would use it instead,” Jaehyun explained to him and he nodded understandingly.

“Did he drop off a yacht as well?”

“Yeah, it’s parked by the river.”

“Did you get the message from Noah?” Taeyong then asked, changing the subject.

“Yeah,” Jaehyun sighed. “Yuta explained everything in depth to us and it hit really hard on Lucas. He refused to believe it and went to that Chinese girl, Yuqi, for comfort.”

“Yuqi?” Taeyong furrowed his eyebrows. “Don’t tell me there’s something going on between them two.”

“I can’t say anything for sure,” Jaehyun looked down at the ground. “They’ve gotten very close, but I think he just feels bad for them. You know he doesn’t like all the kidnapping.”

A loud sigh escaped Taeyong’s lips and they entered the house. They both saw Lucas with a sulky expression as he leaned in to hug Seulgi.

“Are you okay? Did something happen?” they heard her ask him and Taeyong quickly went up to them.

“Alright, I need everyone in the office!” he shouted and gave Lucas a quick pat on the back before heading upstairs. As he got to the second floor he saw Yuta sitting by the window and walked up to him.

“What do you want me to do with the girls when this is over?” Yuta asked him as he stared blankly at the full moon outside.

“We’re only keeping them because Jisoo is here. When she is gone, we sell them to Kwon Jiyong,” Taeyong simply stated and Yuta averted his gaze to him.

“Sure,” he said.

“Did you tell the guys everything?” Taeyong asked him, emphasizing on the ‘everything’.

“Yes.”

Taeyong heaved a frustrated sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. “Maybe we shouldn’t have waited to tell them about Kang Seulgi being here in Seoul,” he said and whispered the name as quietly as possible.

“We should have gone through with the plan when we had the chance, Yong. Because we waited to tell them, the guys are starting to have nightmares about that night again and they are blaming themselves for Jaemin’s death,” Yuta gritted his teeth and turned back to face the moon.

“They shouldn’t-”

“Well they are.”

“Should we start?”

Before Taeyong could ask anything else he was interrupted by the high pitched voice. He turned his head and saw the others stand outside the office as Jaehyun unlocked the door to it. A smile plastered on his face and he nodded.

“You seem excited,” he told Seulgi and they walked into the room together, trailing behind the guys.

The office looked like the normal meeting rooms you would see in the movies. Big windows where the moonlight shined through. A big, white, round table in the middle with multiple chairs around it and a big whiteboard with a projector connected to it.

“You want to take over, Jisoo?” Taeyong asked her as he sat down on one of the chairs. The other guys quickly followed after and Seulgi felt all eyes on her.

“Act as if you’re our leader.”

Seulgi gulped as she felt a sudden pressure on her. She didn’t know why, but she felt very anxious as they all almost stared into her soul. The thoughts about them finding out who she was circulated in her brain and she could feel her palms get sweaty.

“No,” she thought to herself. “Stop worrying, Seulgi. You’ve got everything under control. The fact that you’re still alive confirms that.”

“Alright,” she then spoke up and faked a smile. On the way home from Vegas she and Taeyong had talked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter