Chapter 20 - The End

Bittersweet Crimes | Seulyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll get going now. Goodbye, Jaemin.”

—————————————

“Do what you have to do, brother,” Kai smirked as he pressed the button on his ear piece before walking away. “I need backup to the roof,” Seulgi heard him say before he disappeared from her sight.

“Don’t you feel bittersweet, Seulgi?” Taeyong spoke softly and walked towards her slowly.

Seulgi tried to press herself against the wall, hoping she could just miraculously go through the wall and escape from this sick mess. He laughed softly at her state and knelt down in front of her, grabbing her chin gently and lifting her head making her look at him.

“The exact same feeling you felt when you shot Jaemin,” he gritted his teeth and the tip of the gun down the side of her face.

“Tae- Listen to me-” she managed to utter.

“No, you listen to me!” he raised his voice so loud he almost popped a vein, making her bottom lip quiver and tears forming in her eyes.

She was scared to death of him.

“Did you really think I wouldn’t find out about your dirty secret?” he glared at her. “Jaemin is in a ing coma and he’s never going to wake up. And it’s all because of you.”

If a glare could kill someone, then Seulgi was already dead.

“Everything is your fault.” She felt herself gulp at his words. She wanted to tell him the truth. She wanted to tell him that Jaemin wasn’t dead. But the fear of what he would do to her if she opened or even moved an inch stopped her from doing so.

“It’s about time you get a taste of your own medicine,” he then whispered and stood up, pointing the gun at her. Alright, it, she was going to die anyway.

“Taeyong, listen to me! I didn’t kill Jae-”

She immediately closed and shut her eyes as the loud sound of a gunshot reached her ears. She held her breath and kept her eyes shut. Did he just shoot her? Then why didn’t she feel anything? Was she already dead? Was this one of the moments you experience before you die? The peaceful state?

Her thoughts were interrupted as she felt a sudden stinging pain from her ear and something wet dripping down on her shoulder blade. She opened her eyes slowly and was caught off guard when she saw Taeyong kneeling in front of her. He was looking into her eyes carefully. His eyes were wet but his expression lacked any form of emotion. The gun was still in his hand but he had loosened his grip around it.

Slowly but surely, she reached for her right ear and felt a sticky liquid running down from it. He had shot her just past her ear as a trick shot.

“Seulgi,” he spoke and she became a statue once again, her real name coming out of his mouth felt so wrong for some reason. “Why can’t I manage to kill you?” he then murmured but she had heard it.

Her lips were sealed and she didn’t dare to speak anymore. He was unstable and one wrong move could end her forever. A few seconds ago were only about luck.

“Run away while you can,” he then expressed with a determined but soft tone. “I’ll cover for you.”

A relieved but shaky sigh escaped Seulgi’s lips as she looked down at her still shaking body. She looked back up at him and reached for the envelope in her left pocket.

Taeyong

Was written on the paper and she grabbed his hand and placed the envelope in it. No words came out of but she looked at him with hopeful eyes. He nodded his head and stuffed it into his jacket pocket.

Taeyong didn’t know what was going through his mind but he reached out his hand and grabbed hers, trying to help her stand up. She stumbled a little as she got up but he held her up by the waist and helped her steady herself. He felt her body shaking and looked around, trying to find the best exit for her.

“Aaah!”

His head had never turned so quickly as it did just now. He widened his eyes as she looked at him with fear in her eyes, then his eyes averted lower to her neck and his eyes widened more and his mouth was agape. Her hand was grabbing onto a dart that was stuck on her neck and she began coughing up blood before her whole body froze. Blood ran down and her eyes turned lifeless.

“Let’s go!”

He turned to the door and saw Yuta holding onto an unconscious Jaehyun.

“What did you do to her?!” Taeyong cried out loud and looked back at Seulgi who was still looking at him with the same expression.

“Orders from Noah. He knew you would be too emotional and told me to paralyze her and that he would handle her,” Yuta explained. “We have to go, now!”

“Where’s Noah?” Taeyong asked, not taking his eyes off Seulgi.

“He’s chasing the others. They got away in the helicopter.”

Taeyong felt the burning sensation in his throat and blinked twice, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. “If Noah doesn’t get here in time she’s going to die.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter