Chapter 16

Bittersweet Crimes | Seulyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I know you can’t talk to me right now, but I hope that in some way… Maybe you can at least hear me?”

——————————————

In midst of all the chaos, Seulgi felt a strong grip on her wrist and her feet started moving fast. Taeyong guided her through the big crowd, making sure they wouldn’t bump into anyone or get hurt. He noticed Seulgi flinching when another bomb was detonated and released his grip on her wrist and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

“That was the last one,” he assured her and stopped in his tracks as they were close to the entrance. He waited patiently for the other guests to evacuate the venue.

Seulgi loosened Taeyong’s grip around her waist and turned around to look at the arbor, or, the pieces left of it. There was a strong fire on the grass beside it and smoke filled the air quickly. However, she could see through the smoke and almost released a sigh of relief when she didn’t see Taemin holding onto a dead body. He must have gotten her out in time.

But she didn’t spot anyone for that matter, which resulted in the crease between her eyebrows. Where were Taemin and Naeun? Where were BTS and ASTRO? SHINee? Wouldn’t they normally be standing there, guns in their hands as they tried to find out who the bandits were? Before she could ponder on it more, Taeyong grabbed both her shoulders and spun her back around.

“Today’s task isn’t over yet,” he told her and pulled out a small note from his pocket and put it in her hand.

“Drive to this address and look for someone with a skull tattoo on his calf, then tell him that I sent you and you will figure out the rest. Take the car,” he explained to her.

“What about you?” she asked him.

“I have to do something else here. Don’t wait for me and drive back to the hotel when you’re done,” he ordered her and she nodded, jogging to the car while he ran the opposite way.

“Then what was my purpose of being here?” she mumbled to herself and just as she was about to open the car door someone grabbed her left forearm. Seulgi, knowing this person definitely wasn’t Taeyong, swiftly used her right hand to grab the gun in her thigh strap and spun around, pointing the gun at the stranger.

Taemin.

He put his hands up in surrender and she widened her eyes. While coming back to her senses, Seulgi let out a sigh and put the gun away.

“You can’t scare me like that!” she scolded him, hoping that Yoona was the type of person to act and talk like that. “Where is Naeun? Is she okay?”

Taemin remained silent and eyed her suspiciously. She tried her best not to look nervous or suspicious, but the tension that was created in that moment really wasn’t to her advantage.

“Hello?” she called and waved her hand in front of him. “Are you going to answer me?” she asked. He was being unusually quiet. Did he know she wasn’t the real Yoona?

Before she could react, Taemin’s hand reached for her neck and he grabbed the tip of her face mask, quickly pulling it off.

“,” was the only thought in her head as Taemin stood in front of her bare face, the face mask tightly clutched in his hand. She noticed his eyes widen for a split second before the poker face was back on. He was probably expecting someone to be disguised as Yoona, but it sure wasn’t Seulgi that he expected.

“Now this is very interesting,” he muttered and stared at her.

Seulgi looked him back in the eye and chose not to say a word. At moments like this it was best to not say anything to prevent some valuable information to get out.

“If it wasn’t you under the mask I would’ve shown no mercy and killed you right here on the spot,” he told her and walked closer, trapping her between him and the car.

“What are you doing here, Kang Seulgi?” he whispered, poison in his voice.

“Oh, I’m just here celebrating that my ex boss is getting married,” Seulgi smiled and patted his back. “Or, was going to get married,” she then commented, which wasn’t so clever of her when she suddenly felt the tip of a gun on .

“Damn, Taemin,” she forced a chuckle. “Still haven’t fixed your temperament, I see?”

“Quit playing your stupid games, Seulgi,” he said quietly. “Was it you? Were you the one who planted the bombs?”

Seulgi snorted at his answer. “I don't hate you to the point where I would be able to bomb your wedding, Taemin. Besides, I wouldn’t have given you a warning if I had planned it, would I?” she reasoned and saw him soften up.

“But you were in on it, weren’t you?” he questioned her and tensed up again.

“I have other ways to find out what’s going on with South Korea’s best gangs.” She responded briefly, implying that she wasn’t working with the ones who did it. He gave her a look before pulling his gun away and putting it in his waistband.

“Then you must know who it was? Right?”

“Geez, could you please leave some personal space?” she exclaimed and pointed at the small gap between them. “What would Naeun say if she saw us, huh?” she then added.

“She’s being brought to the hospital because of your stupid tricks,” he gritted his teeth.

“Well thanks to my stupid tricks I made sure she didn’t blow up into several pieces!” she shot back at him.

“Who was it?” he said with an impatient tone. “I’m not going to harm you if you just tell me.”

Hmm, to snitch or to not snitch? That was the question Seulgi had in mind. She really didn’t care about what would happen to NCT, and telling Taemin that it was them would probably be to her advantage in the long term… Or not. That was a hard thing to figure out since he clearly couldn’t show some gratitude for saving Naeun’s life.

However, did she really want Taemin to think he could just expect her to help him whenever he wanted to? After their big argument that day? Hell no. She might have had more respect for Taemin than NCT, but that didn’t mean her respect for him was more than enough.

“Who do you think it was?” she asked him. “Who do you think would know about every single detail of your wedding?”

Besides, she knew he knew. She knew he knew it was NCT. They were the ones who had the hard drive with all the information about the wedding. It wasn’t exactly hard to connect the dots. Although Taemin could be a bit oblivious sometimes, this surely wasn’t a situation for him to be it.

“That guy who was disguised as Donghae,” he spoke up and took a step back. “It was Taeyong, wasn’t it?”

Seulgi ran her fingers through her hair and got in the car, locking all the doors as soon as she sat down on the driver’s seat. She couldn’t even bother to have this conversation with him. He knew all the answers to his questions already! She was just wasting her time.

“And since you were disguised as Yoona, that means you two are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter