Chapter 18

Bittersweet Crimes | Seulyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“I can only hope, right? I can only hope that this will work. I can only hope to see you. And I can only hope you will forgive me.”

—————————————

Seulgi wore a satisfied smile as she trashed the empty syringe in the trash can, turning to the surveillance camera as she turned her smile into a smirk. Without any further ado, she headed straight to the exit and walked back to her car in the crowded parking lot.

“I hope that changes my karma,” she mumbled to herself and checked the rear-view mirror before backing reversing the car out of the parking lot.

She checked the time. 15:47. Enough time for her to head to the FBI headquarters and meet up with the guys. As she stopped by the red lights she heard her phone’s ring signal and looked at the car monitor, causing her lips to form a big, happy smile.

“How is my favourite girl doing?” she immediately spoke as she picked up the call, hearing vague background noises from the speakers.

“Oh I’m just enjoying my beautiful vacation in a dark bunker in Paris, eating croissants and macarons while the whole population of England are angry and after us for stealing their crown jewels,” Momo stated nonchalantly with a very failed french accent, making Seulgi laugh. “What are you doing?”

“I’m driving to the FBI headquarters.”

“To scope the area?”

“Yeah. Lucas gave us the schedules for two guards and Xiaojun and Ten are going to take them down and disguise as them,” Seulgi explained and heard Momo hum with an understanding tone.

“Well I just called to tell you that Mina has prepared a few rooms for you and the girls to stay in and I’ve fixed the training program you asked about,” Momo told her. “Jeongyeon will also meet you by the river when you arrive and take you here. It’s all set and clear.”

“Thanks,” Seulgi said with a small sigh. “Tell the girls I said hi, by the way.”

“Will do,” Momo said and paused. “What happened to Kai, by the way? You haven’t talked about him for a while.”

Seulgi pressed the gas pedal and turned right before answering Momo. “I haven’t had the time nor the energy to think about that skunk. I have to focus on freeing the girls and on top of that I have to take care of Miyeon, Soojin, and Yuqi while also making sure the guys don’t find out who I am.”

“Ahh, of course.”

“I may, however, plant a bomb in his office. I don’t know, I’ll see what I can do if I get the chance.”

“I hope you do… Dahyun tried to do some research but she still couldn't figure out how NCT managed to find out about ‘Kang Seulgi’. Your name came up once or twice but there wasn’t any information that connected your name to your face, Taemin, Red Velvet, or that night in Stockholm,” Momo then told her, resulting in a loud and heavy sigh from Seulgi.

“Those guys are hard to read. I might as well take back everything I’ve done and bought and blow their guts out along with Kai’s.”

A soft giggle was heard from the other line and Seulgi saw parts of the headquarters right in front of her. “Momo, I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

“Yeah, call me when you’re done.”

“I will. Love you.”

“Love you toooo.”

Seulgi ended the call and put on her ear piece, calling Lucas.

“White van. Mr. Park’s super duper cleaning.”

Seulgi laughed loudly at the fake company name. They had come up with the name yesterday and even though it was her hundredth time hearing it she still couldn’t help but at least giggle at the name.

“Stop laughing, it was my idea!” she could practically hear his pout.

“Sorry,” she muttered and spotted the white van right across the building.

As she parked her car beside the white van she checked herself in the rear-view mirror. Her lipstick was a little smudged but it wasn’t that visible so she let it be. She combed her shoulder length hair with her fingers and checked one last time if the mask was in its place. She was disguised in the same face mask she wore when she met Taeyong for the first time, Jang Yeeun, was what she called herself in that disguise. It was a matter of fact that the FBI would have surveillance cameras all over the building so showing her real face around that place was a big no. Especially at times like this.

“Are you going to come out or…?”

“Of course,” she mumbled at Lucas’ question and put on the white coat with the ‘Mr. Park’s super duper cleaning’ logo on the back. She stepped out of the car and headed to the back of the van. Her eyes met Lucas’ as he opened the door and she stepped into the van, seeing Xiaojun, Ten, and Taeyong glued by their computer screens. The few hallways on the first floor of the building were seen in one of the screens and the other ones showed pictures of the scanners by every door.

She had asked them earlier if they wanted to disguise themselves as well, knowing their identities were out in the open unlike hers and that the FBI probably were going to recognize them if they were spotted here. But they had ensured her it was fine and that they didn’t need it. 

“The FBI would never get the chance to catch us anyway,” were Ten’s reassuring words.

“You look good today,” Taeyong complimented with a teasing smile as he shifted his gaze away from the screens and to her.

“Shut up, Yong. Honey, you look beautiful everyday and even more under that mask,” Ten winked at her.

“What time will the guards leave the building?” she asked and turned off her ear piece, turning to Lucas as she ignored the boys’ stupid remarks. “You’re both stupid,” she heard Xiaojun whisper to them, making her lips curl up into a small smile.

“They leave to get food at 16:07 sharp,” Lucas answered and she nodded at him.

The suitcase she used to scan and print masks was already placed at the front of the van and Seulgi checked her watch. 16:06. “Okay,” she answered and kneeled in front of the suitcase, opening it. She took out the face scanner and handed it to Xiaojun who was the closest to her.

“Use this to scan their faces and I’ll handle the printer here,” she told him and sat down on the floor, setting up the printer so it was ready to use.

“They’re walking over the street,” Taeyong informed them and she looked out of the car window, spotting the two tall guards.

“Alright, let’s go!” Ten said as he, Taeyong, and Xiaojun walked out of the van and followed the two guards. Seulgi typed a few codes on the printer and waited patiently.

“How many cameras have you hacked this far?” she asked Lucas. His back was turned to her but she noticed his shoulders stiffen after her question. She wanted to ask him if something was wrong but chose not to say a word just yet.

“About thirty percent so far,” he told her and tried to loosen his shoulders.

“That’s good,” she whispered and turned back to the printer, still waiting for the first signal so she could start printing the masks.

“Jisoo,” she heard Lucas say and turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter