Chapter 1

Bittersweet Crimes | Seulyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yeri sat on the bench outside the club and looked out at the busy road. Cars were lined up everywhere and the sound of honking did not leave her ears for just a second. She tucked her hands in her pockets and leaned back on the bench, appreciating the small breeze that flew past her.

She turned her head a little bit to the right as she noticed a man sitting on the other bench beside her. She noticed him put his black briefcase beside him on the bench before folding a newspaper. A smirk crept up her face as she averted her eyes back to the busy road.

She inhaled the fresh air before reaching for the black briefcase beside her and standing up. She went towards the bench were the man was sitting and as he stood up she managed to knock their briefcases together, making them both fall on the ground.

She quickly reached for his briefcase as he reached for hers. The man nodded his head a little bit at her as they both stood up before parting their ways. She sat down on the bench and looked at the newspaper beside her.

“I see you.”

Yeri looked up as she ran her fingers through her hair, noticing the two women coming her way. She cleared before grabbing the newspaper and unfolding it. Pretending to read the news as a few people walked past, she swiftly grabbed the small zip lock bag that was taped on the paper and put it in her pocket.

She placed the newspapers back on the bench and grabbed the briefcase, making her way towards Joy and Irene. As she was nearing them, she inched closer to Joy’s way, making their briefcases bump together, resulting in them falling to the ground, just as before.

“I’m so clumsy!” Yeri sighed when the three of them bent down, and as they switched briefcases, Yeri smoothly handed the small zip lock bag to Irene and then bowed to both of them and walked away.

Joy smirked as Irene went her way to the club while she headed to the hotel beside it. Her lips curled upwards at the guards as they opened the entrance doors for her and she walked into the lobby, feeling the air conditioner in the room cool her down from the heat outside.

She walked up to the reception and smiled sweetly at the lady behind the counter, “Son Seungwan,” she stated and waited patiently as the lady typed something on the computer.

“ID please,” the lady required and Joy showed her a fake ID she had gotten from Wendy.

The lady smiled as she returned the ID and gave her a key card, “room 506, level fifteen.” Joy thanked the lady as she grabbed her key card and headed towards the elevators.

When she went into the elevator she placed the briefcase on the floor and pressed on her ear piece, “I hope the room you chose is as nice as the faked ID,” she complimented as she took another good look at the ID before slipping it in her pocket.

“Don’t worry, I hacked into the system and upgraded the room to a very nice suite for you.” She heard Wendy tell her from the other line.

As the elevator doors opened she grabbed the briefcase and made her way to her room. “498… 500… 502… 504…” she stopped outside the room and scanned the key card on the door handle and opened the door.

“Not bad,” she muttered and closed the door before enjoying the view of the city lights from the big windows. She placed the key card on the table and the briefcase on the floor before taking her jacket off.

She grabbed the briefcase and placed it on the king sized bed. “Let’s see,” she mumbled as she cracked her knuckles before opening it.

“Hey beautiful,” she smiled at the sight of the parts of a sniper rifle. She quickly put the parts together and loaded the rifle, also admiring the weapon. “Another weapon to my collection…”

She pressed on her ear piece as she walked out to the terrace, “Yeri, how much money did you have to wash? This sniper is really expensive.”

“I washed about five million won for the sniper rifle and the drugs… Those men are so stupid,”she heard Yeri chuckle.

Joy felt a small smirk on her face as she turned off the lights in the terrace and laid down on the ground. She positioned the sniper and looked into the scope as she placed her finger around the trigger.

“Alright, let’s scare some people.” She whispered and looked through the club’s window with the scope. “Looking good, Irene,” she cheered as she looked at her through the scope.

“I know.” Irene smirked and looked up to a particular terrace.

She turned her attention back to the bartender who just finished making her drink. She smirked at him as he winked at her before going back to his work. Grabbing her drink, she made her way to a table where a man sat.

“Hey there, gentleman,” she chimed and sat down by the table, causing the man to turn his attention from the dance floor to her. “You look lonely.”

“I’m not,” the man shot back before gulping his beer.

Irene smiled innocently at him as she discreetly took out one pill from her small zip lock bag. She stood up and walked closer to him, sweeping her hand down his muscular arm, making him place his bottle on the table while having his full attention on her.

As the beer bottle got placed on the table and her hand was on his, she quickly slid the drug in his drink and sat down beside him.

“The hell do you think you’re doing?! I have a girlfriend!” he exclaimed as he came back to his senses and pushed her away slightly before standing up and taking another gulp of his beer.

Irene smirked as the effects hit him immediately and he collapsed back down on the chair and his eyelids got heavier. She slid her hand behind his neck and unclasped the golden chain around it.

She then averted her eyes to his wrist and noticed the rolex watch. “Thank you,” she muttered as she unclasped the watch as well and put it in her purse, along with the golden chain. “I’m now at least one hundred million won richer.”

“Excuse me!” she shouted as a waiter walked past them, “my friend here drank a little too much, and I have to check up on my other friend, so could you please take care of him for me?” she asked the waiter who nodded at her, assuring her that it was fine.

She showed a big smile to the waiter who helped the man stand up on his face, although they both stumbled a bit in the beginning, but eventually they managed to go somewhere else.

Irene turned around and looked through the crowd on the dance floor, trying to find her next victim. She spotted a young woman grinding on an old man in his late fifties and made a disgusted face. “Gross,” she commented before she noticed the watch and the golden chains the old man was wearing.

She sighed before standing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter