Chapter 12

Bittersweet Crimes | Seulyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Morning,” Seulgi yawned as she walked past the guys who were sitting by the dining table, eating breakfast.

“Hey, Jisoo!” she heard Xiaojun call her as she walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

“Yeah?!” she shouted back and closed the fridge, heading back to the living room.

“Do you feel like robbing a jewelry shop?” he asked her.

“Do I have to?” she asked him as she picked up a waffle with her hand, earning a small scowl from Taeyong.

“Manners,” he reminded her and she shrugged her shoulders, taking a bite of the waffle before mouthing a small “sorry.”

“No, you don’t have to,” Xiaojun assured her and she shot him a happy smile.

“Then I’m not going.”

“You feel like kidnapping a few people?” Ten then suggested and she shot him a disgusted look.

“Oh hell no,” she quipped, full with food. “Why are you guys even getting involved in human tra-”

“Jisoo, you’re spilling crumbles of waffles all over the floor,” Taeyong interrupted her with another scowl and Seulgi just sat down on the empty stool beside Xiaojun, not bothering to answer him.

“-fficking,” she finished as she grabbed an empty plate and a fork before grabbing a few more waffles to her plate along with some syrup and blueberries.

“You get a lot of money from it, and you know we have to find a way to survive in this world!” Ten defended himself and she rolled her eyes playfully.

“It’s sad for the person getting kidnapped,” she shared her opinion and ate her syrup-drenched waffles.

“So it isn’t sad for the person that gets killed?” Xiaojun noted, being sure that Seulgi had killed at least more than ten people before.

“No,” she shook her head, chewing on her food for a few more seconds before continuing to speak. “Because that person is now dead, they don’t have time to process what’s going on and won’t even be able to think about what kind of situation they’re in, because they’re dead.”

“But what about the person’s family? Isn’t it more sad to know that the person is dead rather than knowing the person is alive somewhere?” Jaehyun pointed out, sharing his opinion about the matter.

“Out of all the people you guys have kidnapped and sold, how many of them were able to escape and go back to their families?” she asked them. The short moment of silence proved her point which then sparked a whole long discussion about murder and human trafficking between her, Xiaojun, Jaehyun, and Ten.

“We’ve never been this talkative during breakfast,” Lucas spoke tiredly as he filled his bowl with more cereal.

“Yeah... It’s kind of fun though,” Yuta chuckled as he watched Seulgi raise a spoon out of nowhere, trying to demonstrate something to prove yet another one of her points.

“It’s surely interesting,” Taeyong mumbled and watched how the others got up from their seats and went to the empty space in the living room.

“Are they playing charades now?” Lucas asked as Ten pretended to stab Xiaojun in the shoulder with a pen which caused Seulgi to frown at him. She shook her head and threw a blueberry at Jaehyun, hitting him right on the forehead.

“Alright, enough with the free time!” Taeyong then raised his voice as had seen and heard just about enough of their discussion. He stood up from this stool and pointed at Xiaojun.

“At least 300K,” he said and then pointed at Lucas behind him. “You’ll handle the security cameras.”

“Yes sir,” Lucas nodded with his eyes half closed and did a mini salute.

“Yuta, Ten, and Jisoo,” Taeyong then listed as he pointed at the respective person. “Song Yuqi, Cho Miyeon, and Seo Soojin.”

“Oh hell no,” Seulgi quipped once again and scrunched her nose. “Are you seriously listing people to kidnap?” she crossed her arms.

“Yes, you are going to drive the van and be the lookout,” he ordered her.

“Can’t Jaehyun do that?” she asked him. “I really don’t want to kidnap people.”

“Then just kill them off if you prefer that,” he suggested, “besides, Jaehyun and I are going to the hospital.”

“You should do a check up on your mental health,” she told him ironically.

“You’re acting like you aren’t the leader of a criminal gang,” he put his hand on his hip and Seulgi… Yeah, she was clearly caught off guard. She was only joking and didn’t mean it in a harm way but she guessed he didn’t get that.

“You’re the one going around drugging poor innocent men and stealing from them while also killing other people. Don’t act like such a ing princess just because you’re not involved in the black market.” He told her harshly and she glared at him. She may have told him an unnecessary joke but he didn’t have to cuss her out like that.

“I only drug and kill bad people, not the innocent ones,” she argued back and he let out a scoff.

“Really?” he hissed at her.

“Yes, really!” she snapped at him. Why was he getting so angry?

Taeyong met Yuta’s gaze which practically told him to stop but he ignored it. “Weren’t your gang the one who bombed the mall? A few years ago?” he then implied and Seulgi frowned, remembering that Rosé had planted that bomb in the Victoria’s Secret store that killed at least sixty people.

“Alright, let’s take a break, shall we?” Yuta suggested as he got in between them two before it escalated. “Everyone, get to work.”

———————————————

“What’s his problem?” Seulgi huffed as she opened the door to the van, getting into the driver’s seat.

“Don’t be too hard on him,” Yuta advised her as he sat down on the passenger’s seat.

“I understand but it was still unnecessary to get so angry,” she noted. “I swear I caught him almost pulling out his gun to shoot me,” she then added and put on her seat belt before starting the car engine, backing out of the garage.

“You getting mad and arguing back was kind of unnecessary too,” Ten told her and she breathed out, of cour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter