That Only I Can...♡

And Then There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minyoung's eyes were swollen and her head felt heavy. She came home last night and saw flowers and gifts on the table...and found out that Jaewook had left after visiting her parents. She was elated...

MY: Appa...omma...why didn't he wait for me? (smelling the flowers)....did he stay long? Did he drink a lot? Appa...he can't drink too much...

And then they dropped the bomb...

Back to this morning...

MY: Arghh...my head...(massaging her forehead...)

She saw the flowers on her bed and her eyes were teary again. After the confrontation with her parents, she lost all energy...it all seemed like a long nightmare...and it felt unreal until Jaewook called her...after hearing the words from him, everything became real.

Last night.

JW: I knew you'd be crying? How long have you been crying? Wae...

He spoke softly and Minyoung realised how easy it was for him to make everything feel a little better for her...what am I going to do without you oppa?

MY: B...because I miss you...s..suddenly...

JW: That's silly...we just met...yesterday...

MY: (Wiping her tears)...why are you so calm? You're not scared...?

JW: There's nothing to be scared of...

MY: Their disapproval...You're not going to take it seriously are you oppa? 

JW: If it's not serious then why are you crying? (...he let out a subtle chuckle)...Minyoung ahh...mianhae... I haven't been truly honest with you...this is all my fault...
 
MY: They are my parents...Why is it your fault oppa...

JW: I thought if I loved you enough for the both of us...it'll be okay...if I'm committed enough for the both of us...we can move forward...but I was wrong

MY: Oppa...

JW: It turns out I needed to be greedy at times...to want more and to ask for more from you...coz I can't do this alone...it doesn't work like that...

MY: I should've known better oppa...

JW: I want you to put in more time because the time I set aside for us means nothing if you can't be there...and I need to be present in your life because our relationship exists all the time, not just when we meet...these are important if we're ever going to have a future together

Minyoung felt a pang of guilt as Jaewook spoke...she didn't realize her decisions had hurt him and their relationship...

JW:...and I've decided that I don't want a futureless relationship...I don't want to invest my emotion if

MY: Don't say that oppa! I...I want a future for us too...I will make time...oppa mianhae...I wasn't thinking...

JW: Aniya...you're just not there yet...I'm moving too quickly...falling too deeply...on my own again...just like when I was with Yuri...she wasn't ready, and so are you...I'm to be blamed too...for not communicating my feelings well...

MY: Oppa...

JW: I never gave her time...I don't want to make the same mistake again. I'm just a little embarrassed that your parents saw this and not me...

MY: Oppa...please...

JW: Sweetheart...your parents are right...you know it too, right? Don't resent them...We fought before, broke up before...but it was always because of someone else or something else...we never realised that we need to work on us, what we want, and where we want to be with each other...we are our biggest hurdle...

MY: I'll do better oppa...really...don't leave me...(about to cry again)

JW: I will never leave you...I didn't go to see your parents today so that I can leave you...pabo ya...I went because I wanted to be with you...

MY: B...but you sound like you're going to...

JW: I'm just going to take a step back...and wait until you reach to where I am...in this relationship...you can take your time...slowly is fine too...until you're exactly where I am...and we can move forward together...

MY: Oppa...

JW: Coz I know your fans are important to you...your work is important to you...so are mine...but our relationship shouldn't have to compete with them...

MY: You're important too...you know that...I just...didn't show it well

JW: Komawo...but I need to wait until you find that small gap in your life...that only Kim Jaewook can fill...that little piece of happiness...that only I can give...not your fans, not your work...not anyone else. If it's there...then we'll find our way back to each other...

MY: What have I done...(she felt her tears falling...)

JW: I'll be waiting...

MY: Oppa...I'll try to change

JW: I still want you to be yourself...but just to the version of yourself that loves me...that includes me and 'us' in her life...if not, then what am I here for? We're in this together, right?

MY: Oppa...

JW: In the meantime...I'll be away. I've finally signed on for the Japanese-Korean drama I was considering...and will start filming immediately...and you'll be busy too

MY: For how long...(disheartened...)

JW: We can't see each other any way...until abonim and omonim approve...let's just work this out...

MY: Why can't we see each other? We can just

JW: Park Minyoung...that approval is important to me...I want it...what your parents think of me means a lot to me...so just endure it for a bit, okay? The choice is in our hands anyway...

Minyoung let out a long sigh...

MY: Okay...but I still feel sad...why do they have to go to this extreme?

JW: Your parents are helping us to stop and rethink our decisions...before we begin resenting each other...so I'm thankful...there's nothing to be sad about...our love is bigger and greater than this...I hope.

MY: It is...and I'll come to where you are...in this relationship...

JW: (smiling to himself)...I'm happy you want to...so I'll just sit and wait for you? 

MY: Don't move an inch...don't look at other girls...(finally smiling...) I'm sorry I disappointed you...

JW: You tried so hard...thanks to you I'm wearing a pinkie ring for the first time...it's romantic...rocker version. 

They both laughed...

MY: Why are you so random?

JW: Doesn't matter as long as you're laughing...

MY: Tchh! 

JW: I have Rachel engraved in my ring...what's in your ring then? Jaewook? Ryan? Saja? (looking at the name inside his ring...)

MY: I thought you'd never notice...I bought that in Mallorca, Spain...

JW: After we met in Germany? How long has that been? Were you going to keep it forever? Silly Minyoungie is the cutest...you know that? (laughed a little..)

MY: Anieyooo (protesting..)...just hear me out...

JW: Mian.....

MY: The lady who made the ring couldn't fit the name Kim Jaewook...so she asked about you, to get a Spanish origin name that suits you...

JW: ...hmm? Really? This is interesting. How come you never told me this before? I'm really curious now...

MY: Maybe now is the right time...the name is 'Jayden'...I have Jayden engraved in my ring...

JW: J..Jayden? But that...

MY: ...has always been you anyway, isn't oppa? Imagine my shock...when someone actually called you that...in front of me..

JW: That's...amazing! Yes...you even called me a liar! Hahah...it makes sense now...

MY: It means 'thankful'...it's so you.  You see oppa...just so you know, you are the one for me... I'm not going to ignore all the little hints this universe has sent me...and let you go...do you get that? 

JW: Ne!!! (Chuckled...He felt a lightness in his heart...you have no idea Minyoung ahh).

MY: Just stay put and wait for me...I'll catch up...I'm fast coz I'm a rabbit anyway...

JW: Arasso...haha.  I can't argue with that...

MY: What are you going to do in the meantime? Since you'll be single but not available...your options will be limited.

JW: Mmmm...missing you? Hahaha...too cheesy?

MY: Still hopelessly romantic!

JW: You don't like it?

MY: Strangely...I'm sort of addicted to it now...

JW: Ah...mian (laughing...)

MY: You're slowly changing me...

JW: Mian...

MY: ...for the better...

JW: Don't change too much...I love my rocker girlfriend...

MY: This rocker girlfriend loves you too, oppa...

MY: Wait for me...

JW: (Smiling...) I'm already waiting...(paused and took a deep breath...) until then sweetheart...

MY: Until then...

JW:  Annyeong...

Back to this morning...

Minyoung reached for her phone. No messages. No calls. She couldn't help but feel alone and left behind. She went into her sns account and pictures of Jaewook leaving for Japan filled her feed. He was waving his hand, smiling...looking straight into the camera...

That 'annyeong' suddenly rang in her head. Minyoung placed her hand on her heart...feeling a hollowness there...for the first time, she didn't feel like going to work.

This must be that gap in my heart that he was talking about last night. ..the gap that only Kim Jaewook could fill. Only it isn't so small...why wasn't I able to show him? Pabo!

She heard her door opening and saw omma peeping inside. 

OM: M...Minyoungie? Are you okay?

MY: Ommaaaaa...

She got up and omma came in and they hugged each other. Omma felt relieved...she must've spoken to Jaewook, seeing how calm she was. She wiped Minyoung's puffy eyes...

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter